Did royalty change Kate Middleton?

Catherine Elizabeth Middleton, or more publicly known as Kate Middleton, was described as a ‘second-class art history graduate, charity roller-disco organiser and part-time accessories buyer’ among many other things before she was wed to Prince William.

Ten years after joining the royal family, it’s safe to say that much of Kate’s life is now of great interest to the British people and the monarchy.

And with her being under constant watch and scrutiny from the general public, we can’t help but think that perhaps everything the duchess is putting up for everyone to see is just a facade.

Who was Kate, really, before she walked down the aisle of Westminster Abbey in 2011?

FWix1kdY6oPqr-XOBwIbK6Vv6KaDRgsppaSq91866jLADw9Y6Nk7pAUPwgYeKzh_B7-kyTl-WpBgFwyb0Snt8Y5793KuSPrHz7XgjF-WUjckl4r0hw2RzSzfFnZgjs3kqnt2gERo

Credit: PA Images via Getty Images.

Kate lets down her guard once in a while, especially when she is with her family.

According to Vassi Chamberlain, a contributing editor at British Vogue, Kate, despite being one of the most famous people in the world, also spends her holidays with her family at the beach, like any regular mum.

“Not long ago, I was on holiday in Europe when a tall, slim figure in a bikini brushed past me,” Vassi recalled.

“It was only when the figure bent down to speak to her husband and son, paddle-boarding and playing around in the water, that I realised with a shock that I was seeing the Duchess of Cambridge in an entirely private, off-guard moment.”

“I remember how she spoke to them in a soft voice, smiling tenderly and laughing,” said Vassi.

“Only when an inconspicuous man in shorts and a T-shirt approached my husband, who was lying close by, and asked him to put his phone away (he was reading an online article at the time but his phone looked like it was pointing in their direction), did I notice the discreet security detail around us.”

She said that it was a ‘remarkable revelation’ to see the duchess, who is usually dressed formally from head to toe, frolic around the beach in a two-piece swimsuit, without a care in the world.

5WccCTlJnISE8UPJSjnBAf0OBvmDYvQrvdNfUrfd9ig3rIwJURid3N7XH0OXUGosCpZpOuBMiRt2_8eGKL4Dsfzw-GhSWbsK93qtd4Q7fxYeVw83-ujZVbJOT0mriEmFimp1dNNd

Credit: GC Images.

Kate has unwavering loyalty to her family and friends.

Chamberlain also shared the story of how Kate never forgot to do her daughterly duties to her father. She tells that one time, at a dinner party, Kate’s father Michael Middleton got up to leave because ‘Kate is coming to collect him’ as it’s her turn to do so, despite the supply of available drivers at her bidding.

Even among her friends, Kate is known as a very compassionate and kind person who is always willing to give any person her shoulder to lean on.

Chamberlain shared another story of Kate at a dinner party, and after learning that the family’s housekeeper was unwell, the duchess excused herself to help the said housekeeper.

“The hostess went looking for her. She found her in the kitchen, hands in the sink, scrubbing an oven dish,” said Vassi, touched at the royal’s selfless act of rolling her sleeves up to help a person in need.

Kate also was seen under a lot of pressure during the turbulence of the last few years, following Prince Harry and Meghan’s dramatic exit from the royal family.

According to a close friend, the duchess kept her firm resolute and became the anchor for her husband. “She has focused on personal support for William in what has been a really sad time in his life. She never predicted the degree of falling out between the two princes,” said the friend.

9ykrreByl9kuoGxVk6FySQFf1fsnG1WEWt3DvFJfvUvFh45BDOTHa9g6gM8ZemRpGtYw-oSBJdATcpgsczZ2McSIfyIXq8G614YbjNtbX1cOJTI4SylVo8S9Yl__CJ-1Sl2_PvBp

Credit: PA Media.

Kate has a great sense of humour and does not dwell her attention on drama.

Even after being under attack after she allegedly made Meghan cry prior to her 2018 wedding, Kate never lost her composure.

A royal source said: “I’ve had hundreds of hours of conversations with Kate and it never came up. I only ever heard from Meghan about that — a very different story from what she said to Oprah.”

The royal source also shared that the most the duchess has done ‘against’ Meghan is by ‘jokingly’ rolling her eyes when Suits, the legal drama which Meghan previously starred in, came up.

Jamie Lowther-Pinkerton, the Cambridge family’s former private secretary, said: “She has that almost old-fashioned, Queen Mother attitude to drama — she just doesn’t do it.”

Rebecca Priestly, another private secretary for the Cambridge couple, also shared a story about the duchess’ easy-going personality, saying: “On a trip back from an engagement, she will giggle if something went wrong and sees the funny side of things and will often take the mick out of herself and William. People mainly see her professional side, but it doesn’t mean the fun’s not there.”

I_WrNULhSyrtq0314yqksu8u-7mbb8ryJ8FMvUnhQsMDS1HSu9u0PPcp3mPExm6KE5YrRWQGPKSivuJQEQASfxcts4T-448ONCbUgDbmQObaMA_w9JFmlxxEP-AeUHUBDU9fzf7g

Credit: Getty Images.
And despite the fact that Kate and William will mark 20 years since they first started dating next year, close friends and family members say that the Kate they knew then and the Kate they know now has never changed.

Reactions: Suby and Ricci
Sponsored
Catherine has taken to the royal work like a duck to water. She knew her life would not be her own from the day they officially dated.....but she has followed the guidelines and has produced 3 gorgeous children and is very much the people's princess like Diana was. William chose very well, and there's some hope for the future of the royal family. I think Charles's idea to trim the royal family is good... non-working royals should go off and live their own life, make their own money..quietly!

Kate appears to be a gorgeous human being ....not the least bit uppity, she fits in to any situation with poise and grace, fun and humour when appropriate, and definitely dignity.
Good on ya, Kate.

Reactions: Ricci
Catherine has taken to the royal work like a duck to water. She knew her life would not be her own from the day they officially dated.....but she has followed the guidelines and has produced 3 gorgeous children and is very much the people's princess like Diana was. William chose very well, and there's some hope for the future of the royal family. I think Charles's idea to trim the royal family is good... non-working royals should go off and live their own life, make their own money..quietly!
That's exactly what Harry and Meaghan are doing living their own lives. I support them 100%

• Wow
Reactions: Vinylted and Ricci
Because the world won't show them to!!!!
?

You don't see or hear much about Princesses Eugenie or Beatrice, or Prince Edward, Sophie or their kids. They don't do controversial tv interviews, write books or overtly promote themselves. They quietly go about their lives and do their good works without the need for lights and cameras.

?

You don't see or hear much about Princesses Eugenie or Beatrice, or Prince Edward, Sophie or their kids. They don't do controversial tv interviews, write books or overtly promote themselves. They quietly go about their lives and do their good works without the need for lights and cameras.
Typo, what I meant to say was the tabloids won't allow them to. They make too.much money from ppl reading their tripe. All these.stories u r reading are blatant lies which you all.believe
H & M have now said that if it doesnt come out of their own mouths it's just lies. They have done incredible work And paid out thousands to deserving charities. The tabloids have perfected changing the narritive to cause trouble and will be challenged in court again and again for their lies and deceit!
Don't knock what you have no idea about this just causes.hate!

Typo, what I meant to say was the tabloids won't allow them to. They make too.much money from ppl reading their tripe. All these.stories u r reading are blatant lies which you all.believe
H & M have now said that if it doesnt come out of their own mouths it's just lies. They have done incredible work And paid out thousands to deserving charities. The tabloids have perfected changing the narritive to cause trouble and will be challenged in court again and again for their lies and deceit!
Don't knock what you have no idea about this just causes.hate!
Whilst I agree with you that a lot of rubbish is written about ALL royals and prominent people I have to take you to task about H & M. They said they wanted to step back and out of the limelight and yet they give an interview that is guaranteed to go viral worldwide. Sure they do a lot of incredible work but so do many others, without the fanfare, take Princess Anne for instance who is the hardest working royal. I'm not knocking them, just trying to balance their words with their actions.
I can understand that there can be fallings out in any family but surely there is no rift too wide that it can't be crossed where you can't even take your daughter to meet her great, great Grandmother after whom you named her. After all, none of us can know how much longer she will be here.

U sound pretty naive to even think.that there is a problem with them taking a six month old baby across a covid world where at least one in 10 has covid and doesn't stop babies getting it
Harry and Meghan and particularly Archie who were compared to a chimp??were vilified and threatened! The British ppl.hate her.why would she go back?? They both spoke out about the lies that were said abt them and needed ther world to know the truth.. why only one side of thr story be told??
She was accused of bullying but up to now no investigation has been made to confirm this by the palace. It's still very evident that there is a lot of racial discrimination in the palace. The bullying of Meghan continues on a huge scale you would not catch me near that pond if I were her
Noone.needs to receive abuse like that! I lost all my respect for those ppl

The Q is not without fault either. look at the way she is protecting a pedophile

NB not all I formation abt a person is privy to everyone and but that too has been taken too far by the tabloids!

The Sussexes do not get paid by the royal family. All the others do. So if they can make money then so be it
There is a lot of jealousy because they are doing so do well
They hoped H and Meghan would fail and come running back with their tails between their legs
Guess what,? It didnt happen

U sound pretty naive to even think.that there is a problem with them taking a six month old baby across a covid world where at least one in 10 has covid and doesn't stop babies getting it
Harry and Meghan and particularly Archie who were compared to a chimp??were vilified and threatened! The British ppl.hate her.why would she go back?? They both spoke out about the lies that were said abt them and needed ther world to know the truth.. why only one side of thr story be told??
She was accused of bullying but up to now no investigation has been made to confirm this by the palace. It's still very evident that there is a lot of racial discrimination in the palace. The bullying of Meghan continues on a huge scale you would not catch me near that pond if I were her
Noone.needs to receive abuse like that! I lost all my respect for those ppl

The Q is not without fault either. look at the way she is protecting a pedophile

NB not all I formation abt a person is privy to everyone and but that too has been taken too far by the tabloids!

The Sussexes do not get paid by the royal family. All the others do. So if they can make money then so be it
There is a lot of jealousy because they are doing so do well
They hoped H and Meghan would fail and come running back with their tails between their legs
Guess what,? It didnt happen
I'm sorry, reasoned arguments seem lost on you so it would seem I'm wasting my time trying to have a balanced discussion. I now understand that where H & M are concerned you have your blinders on and are not open to another point of view. It must be nice to be so sure of your stance although I do wonder if you're reading the same articles as me (and many others). Could you please give me your source information details as I would sure like to read it as it would appear I'm missing the important stuff.