Delivery mishap leaves Woolworths customer fuming — "I won't be using this service again!"

A Woolworths customer has taken to Facebook to air her frustration over the retailer's delivery service.

In her post, the NSW woman claimed that her 80-item delivery came with 27 plastic bags, admitting that the "excessive" number of plastic bags in her delivery had left her fuming.

'That averages out at just under three items per bag,' she wrote.

The woman also said that the two similar items — boxes of cereal — she ordered were individually placed inside two separate bags for some unexplained reason.

"These two items (weighing 500g each) were in separate bags and were the only thing in those particular bags," she wrote along with a photo of the items.

hzX51vCZIjAX7aR3Vfn88NybAGTVzy6sj2p40UMbgyXVpfBmNPkg5rNl5Df_tci8poHTBDyyc_RuWWu4NSvPFa9_zRYhJuUbVvJmnUl1TXQWoJsy8NvOomrTfrw9vJKpcQ_KwKA

The shopper received the items she purchased online with an excessive amount of plastic bags, including two similar cereal boxes that were individually packed in separate bags. Credit: Facebook.

Aside from the packaging mishap, the shopper also complained about how the delivery arrived late.

The woman said that the fiasco had prompted her to cancel her subscription, writing "I won't be using this service again!"

A Woolworths representative had reached out to the customer for more details.

The supermarket giant has not released any statement regarding the matter as of the moment, but it is understood that the customer is currently being assisted with the issue.

It should be noted, however, that the incident is not the first time Woolies faced a "plastic bag controversy".

An Adelaide shopper recently complained about how the items he ordered online were delivered with each item packed in separate bags.

”Got our delivery on Friday and this is how it was bagged - it's a clear waste of resources and bags,” the shopper wrote on the Woolworths Facebook page.

A Woolworths representative reached out to the customer, writing: "We're sorry to see the way your delivery order was packed."

Have you had similar experiences before? Share your stories with us in the comments below!

Sponsored
Delivery mishap leaves Woolworths customer fuming — "I won't be using this service again!"

A Woolworths customer has taken to Facebook to air her frustration over the retailer's delivery service.

In her post, the NSW woman claimed that her 80-item delivery came with 27 plastic bags, admitting that the "excessive" number of plastic bags in her delivery had left her fuming.

The woman also said that the two similar items — boxes of cereal — she ordered were individually placed inside two separate bags for some unexplained reason.

"These two items (weighing 500g each) were in separate bags and were the only thing in those particular bags," she wrote along with a photo of the items.

hzX51vCZIjAX7aR3Vfn88NybAGTVzy6sj2p40UMbgyXVpfBmNPkg5rNl5Df_tci8poHTBDyyc_RuWWu4NSvPFa9_zRYhJuUbVvJmnUl1TXQWoJsy8NvOomrTfrw9vJKpcQ_KwKA

The shopper received the items she purchased online with an excessive amount of plastic bags, including two similar cereal boxes that were individually packed in separate bags. Credit: Facebook.

Aside from the packaging mishap, the shopper also complained about how the delivery arrived late.

The woman said that the fiasco had prompted her to cancel her subscription, writing "I won't be using this service again!"

The supermarket giant has not released any statement regarding the matter as of the moment, but it is understood that the customer is currently being assisted with the issue.

It should be noted, however, that the incident is not the first time Woolies faced a "plastic bag controversy".

An Adelaide shopper recently complained about how the items he ordered online were delivered with each item packed in separate bags.

”Got our delivery on Friday and this is how it was bagged - it's a clear waste of resources and bags,” the shopper wrote on the Woolworths Facebook page.

A Woolworths representative reached out to the customer, writing: "We're sorry to see the way your delivery order was packed."

Have you had similar experiences before? Share your stories with us in the comments below!
I have experienced the opposite, not enough bags. Grocery items jam packed to the top. Over a period of weeks they were heavy to carry, cracked eggs, squashed bread, cleaning fluid leaked, yoghurt tube leaked, two bags had ripped from the weight. I let them know of my concerns and I still get some heavy bags but have only a squashed bread every now and then. They sometimes deliver in the paper bags and they are really good. I’m not sure why they can’t use them all the time🤔

I have just had my first home delivery and I can only praise the service. My shopping however was delivered in paper bags due to a shortage of the plastic type ( it was raining at the time). The bags were light and easy to carry for me. ( I have walking issues). The driver was very friendly and polite and young. I received 3 msg’s updating delivery status. I can only say ‘Well Done Woolies’

We live in fairly isolated area, quite a distance from the closest Woolies store, however, once I found out that deliveries in our area were being offered, I signed up and became a member as it was ,offering a number of free deliveries, my problem is that I cannot order anything for delivery as the website instantly converts my order to a car boot pickup and I have been unable to change it. I am currently paying for a service that i cannot use with no idea how to cancel it, have not found any information on the website to help, and no I am not very tech savvy

We live in fairly isolated area, quite a distance from the closest Woolies store, however, once I found out that deliveries in our area were being offered, I signed up and became a member as it was ,offering a number of free deliveries, my problem is that I cannot order anything for delivery as the website instantly converts my order to a car boot pickup and I have been unable to change it. I am currently paying for a service that i cannot use with no idea how to cancel it, have not found any information on the website to help, and no I am not very tech savvy
I have found that the people on the end of the phone (number on their website) to be very helpful and quick to solve any problems. I'm sure a quick call to them would sort everything out in your favour.

Hi Gaena, if you log into Woolies online and go to your account where you check orders, invoices etc., you can click on the Delivery Unlimited section and cancel your membership there. I am sure if you contacted them and explain your situation they will refunds any payments you have made. Hope this helps, cheers 😊

Hi Gaena, if you log into Woolies online and go to your account where you check orders, invoices etc., you can click on the Delivery Unlimited section and cancel your membership there. I am sure if you contacted them and explain your situation they will refunds any payments you have made. Hope this helps, cheers 😊
Thank you Vickie , your help is appreciated I will try your suggestion as soon as I find my password to Woolies on-line !!

I used to get delivery from Coles and time and again they substituted products I didn’t want, were constantly late or even cancelled items altogether, and I never saw the refunds. I changed to Woollies and absolutely love the service. I love having the lists that I can just reactivate each week so that I don’t forget items, orders are always on time, and delivery is cheap. No problems with as many bags as they want to give me as I use them for rubbish or storage.

A friend has a regular Coles delivery. A few weeks ago the young delivery guy stood off and asked if she was covid vaccinated. She replied yes to which he replied telling her not to come any closer as she would be "shedding". He left the bags on her driveway along be with an A4 sheet describing the perils of vaccination. A call to to Coles seems to have sorted it as he hasn't been back.

I had a delivery just last week that was packed into rubbish bags, the delivery guy apologised and said they had run out of the proper bags. I didn't complain....I've now got several weeks worth of rubbish sacks that I didn't have to pay for!! Win for me!!:)
Rubbish

Good tip @Ricci - I'd never have thought of this.

@Gaena if you do give them a ring, will you report back and let us know? If it works for you, it'll be a good tip for other members who are outside the standard delivery areas.

Reactions: Ricci
Do you have to pay for these bags??. If not, great..free rubbish bags.. if so the only way you can fight the excess use of bags is to fight to get them unaccountable on the fees... if they get no money for them, maybe they'll use them more carefully??