Delivery mishap leaves Woolworths customer fuming — "I won't be using this service again!"

A Woolworths customer has taken to Facebook to air her frustration over the retailer's delivery service.

In her post, the NSW woman claimed that her 80-item delivery came with 27 plastic bags, admitting that the "excessive" number of plastic bags in her delivery had left her fuming.

'That averages out at just under three items per bag,' she wrote.

The woman also said that the two similar items — boxes of cereal — she ordered were individually placed inside two separate bags for some unexplained reason.

"These two items (weighing 500g each) were in separate bags and were the only thing in those particular bags," she wrote along with a photo of the items.

hzX51vCZIjAX7aR3Vfn88NybAGTVzy6sj2p40UMbgyXVpfBmNPkg5rNl5Df_tci8poHTBDyyc_RuWWu4NSvPFa9_zRYhJuUbVvJmnUl1TXQWoJsy8NvOomrTfrw9vJKpcQ_KwKA

The shopper received the items she purchased online with an excessive amount of plastic bags, including two similar cereal boxes that were individually packed in separate bags. Credit: Facebook.

Aside from the packaging mishap, the shopper also complained about how the delivery arrived late.

The woman said that the fiasco had prompted her to cancel her subscription, writing "I won't be using this service again!"

A Woolworths representative had reached out to the customer for more details.

The supermarket giant has not released any statement regarding the matter as of the moment, but it is understood that the customer is currently being assisted with the issue.

It should be noted, however, that the incident is not the first time Woolies faced a "plastic bag controversy".

An Adelaide shopper recently complained about how the items he ordered online were delivered with each item packed in separate bags.

”Got our delivery on Friday and this is how it was bagged - it's a clear waste of resources and bags,” the shopper wrote on the Woolworths Facebook page.

A Woolworths representative reached out to the customer, writing: "We're sorry to see the way your delivery order was packed."

Have you had similar experiences before? Share your stories with us in the comments below!

Sponsored
Delivery mishap leaves Woolworths customer fuming — "I won't be using this service again!"

A Woolworths customer has taken to Facebook to air her frustration over the retailer's delivery service.

In her post, the NSW woman claimed that her 80-item delivery came with 27 plastic bags, admitting that the "excessive" number of plastic bags in her delivery had left her fuming.

The woman also said that the two similar items — boxes of cereal — she ordered were individually placed inside two separate bags for some unexplained reason.

"These two items (weighing 500g each) were in separate bags and were the only thing in those particular bags," she wrote along with a photo of the items.

hzX51vCZIjAX7aR3Vfn88NybAGTVzy6sj2p40UMbgyXVpfBmNPkg5rNl5Df_tci8poHTBDyyc_RuWWu4NSvPFa9_zRYhJuUbVvJmnUl1TXQWoJsy8NvOomrTfrw9vJKpcQ_KwKA

The shopper received the items she purchased online with an excessive amount of plastic bags, including two similar cereal boxes that were individually packed in separate bags. Credit: Facebook.

Aside from the packaging mishap, the shopper also complained about how the delivery arrived late.

The woman said that the fiasco had prompted her to cancel her subscription, writing "I won't be using this service again!"

The supermarket giant has not released any statement regarding the matter as of the moment, but it is understood that the customer is currently being assisted with the issue.

It should be noted, however, that the incident is not the first time Woolies faced a "plastic bag controversy".

An Adelaide shopper recently complained about how the items he ordered online were delivered with each item packed in separate bags.

”Got our delivery on Friday and this is how it was bagged - it's a clear waste of resources and bags,” the shopper wrote on the Woolworths Facebook page.

A Woolworths representative reached out to the customer, writing: "We're sorry to see the way your delivery order was packed."

Have you had similar experiences before? Share your stories with us in the comments below!
Coles are just as bad! I’ve used both and they’re equally to blame in this area - the duopoly has them both arrogant! My story involved Coles refusing to deliver my goods saying payment had been declined. One problem / the money had been taken as had Flybiys points - so o paid for goods never received and for almost 3 months now I’ve been ignored and bullied but no refund or apology - lots of hang ups but zero help! I’m supposed to get it from bank but Coles won’t tell them it was a mistake so they won’t refund. Ditto FlyBuys! I can’t afford a lawyer but my next step is VCAT - something which is putting enormous strain on my already poor health…… I’m struggling and this mammoth country don’t care in any way!! They know (or think) they can bully me into letting it go….. o need help….. I wish there were better options or the big two would do the right thing but nothing ever changed. Mouldy, rotting fruit and items out of date are common or 3/4 things which have to be eaten by the next day! It’s a disgrace and I wish I knew how to get media coverage which usually gets things sorted quickly!! Both companies are too big and arrogant - right down to the packers and Call Centre staff / I refuse to call them Customer Service!! They have stolen from me and are refusing to fix this mistake even when provided with all the proof required!!

• Wow
Reactions: Phyll and Ricci

OMG 😳 I can’t believe these whingers!!
The groceries were delivered - so what if a little late - there would have been a reason. Instead of whinging, count your blessings !!! You have your groceries, you can return the bags if that upsets you, ask for a refund for the excess bags if you had to pay for them. Find a hobby - help those less fortunate than you, be grateful 😊 for the privileges you have eg food and home delivery if you want or need. Woolies must be relieved if you are not using their ‘services’ again!!!!!

Reactions: Ricci