Delivery drivers’ ‘horrendous’ behaviour caught on camera: ‘It’s wrong on all levels’

In the age of online shopping, the anticipation of receiving a parcel can be quite a thrill for many of us, especially for those who have embraced the convenience of e-commerce.

However, a disturbing trend among Temu delivery drivers in South Australia has left customers not only disappointed but downright furious.

Adelaide resident Rachel Harney experienced this firsthand when she witnessed a delivery driver treating her parcel with shocking disrespect.

The package, which contained a telescope and dashcam, was not only thrown but also kicked through the carport of her Hope Valley home.

compressed-paper-box-packaging-delivery-concept.jpeg
Temu delivery drivers were caught mishandling packages. Image source: Freepik

The incident, which was captured on camera, has sparked outrage and concern among consumers who expect their purchases to be handled with care.

The video footage, which has been circulating online, shows the careless handling of parcels by couriers, with some even resorting to kicking them towards the homes they are delivering to.

This behaviour is not only unprofessional but also poses a risk of damaging the goods inside, which can be particularly distressing when the items are valuable or fragile.

Rachel Harney described the behaviour as 'horrendous,' stating: ‘Why would you do that? It’s wrong on all levels. How would he like it if were done to him?’

When confronted, the driver appeared indifferent and simply drove away, showing no remorse for his actions.

This is not an isolated incident. Almost a dozen other Adelaide residents have reported similar experiences, with one person's new iPad being thrown at their front door, resulting in damage.

These events have raised serious questions about the standards of delivery services and the training of their personnel.

Experts advised that installing CCTV cameras can be a valuable step in ensuring you have evidence of any mishandling.

Tim Bennett, a Spokesperson for Finder, said: ‘If you’ve got a delivery driver who is maybe not giving your packages the respect they deserve, then having a camera rolling can make all the difference.’

In response to the incidents, Temu has been contacted for comment.

The company admitted to the media that other drivers had been terminated for similar behaviour but could not provide details regarding the specific driver involved in the incident captured by Rachel Harney.

The company spokesperson said: ‘We hold our delivery service providers to high standards and expect all packages to be handled with care.’

‘We apologise for the customer’s negative experience and want to assure the customer of our commitment to providing excellent service. We have also reminded our logistics partner of the importance of upholding these standards.’

‘We are dedicated to continuously improving the quality of our service,’ they added.

For our readers at the Seniors Discount Club, we understand that receiving your online orders in perfect condition is a priority. It's essential to report any mishandling of parcels immediately to the retailer or delivery service.

Demand accountability and, if necessary, compensation for any damages incurred. It's also worth considering retailers and delivery services with a reputation for reliable and respectful handling of goods.

You can watch the footage here:

Source: 7NEWS Australia/YouTube​

Key Takeaways
  • Multiple Temu delivery drivers in South Australia have been caught on camera mishandling parcels, with one kicking a package containing delicate items.
  • Adelaide resident Rachel Harney recounted her experience of a Temu driver kicking her parcel containing a telescope and dashcam through her carport.
  • Despite being confronted, the driver seemed indifferent and left without concern, highlighting the issue of poor parcel handling by some delivery personnel.
  • A Temu spokesperson confirmed that some drivers had been terminated for improper actions, stating the company expects packages to be handled with care and is dedicated to improving service quality.
We encourage you to share your experiences with delivery services. Have you encountered similar issues? How was it resolved? Let us know in the comments below!

Sponsored
I've had metal signs from temu delivered that look like guard rails after a truck has been through it, mangled beyond recognition, all the drivers I get here on camera are the same, they treat our stuff like garbage, throw over the fence even in the rain when it states please put on front verandah. Sorry to say but third world treatment by third world couriers. Also they can't read Google maps and deliver to my neighbours about 10% of the time. My numbers are on the letterbox and the fence and the house.

I have had enough of couriers who rough-handle my packages. It is not just Temu's deliveries but multiple other companies as well. Name, shame and immediate termination of employment should be the result of this type of behaviour. They are paid to deliver our parcels safely and if they can not do that find someone who can.

I experienced Temu packages being delivered incorrectly so complained to them. They simply marked that all my deliveries be delivered only by Aust Post. Problem solved. Easy. Temu instantly paid money back for a delivery when the driver couldn't find my address. In my bank within 5 minutes. The product was re-delivered two days later and Temu said keep it, it's yours. Worth nearly $50. Easiest company to deal with!

In Tasmania TEMU are delivered by Australia Post. Never had any problems with TEMU or the Australia Post. In Ulverstone in NW Tasmania, the AP delivery girls are really lovely girls. who really go out of their way to be friendly and helpful.

All my Temu orders are delivered by Australia Post and I have no issues now with them being treated well. The courier company Temu use are not good, but they will swap you to Aussie Post only, upon request.

That’s queer regarding this post as I believe in Victoria Temu is delivered by Australia Post
Possibly not so. I received 3 parcels from Temu delivered by couriers in a sedan with no identification on the doors & all drivers were the same nationality. Parcels were left in clear sight of the road.

After l complained about this practice l was told Australia Post would deliver these unless the parcels were too big for them. Our usual Postie now delivers these parcels & l have had no problems.

I am in W.A.

Reactions: Tervueren