Coles shopper reveals SECRET to only paying $10 for groceries worth $215 - and you won't believe how easy it is!

The high cost of living is no secret. The price of basic necessities like housing, food, and transportation continue to increase while wages and the pension remain mostly stagnant. So, how do some people manage to find massive bargains despite the skyrocketing costs of living?

Apparently, many people are finding ways to cut costs by following a new shopping schedule for their groceries.

Yes, this may not be new information to you as we previously reported how one shopper managed to save $200 by shopping at a certain schedule to score bargains, but this story that we're about to share details the shopping experience of one Coles customer who was able to purchase $215 worth of groceries for just $10. Now that's a good deal!

Sharing her tip in the Markdown Addicts Australia Facebook group, the Victorian shopper admitted that she was 'absolutely stoked' when she realised that she was able to nab 26 'pricey' products for such a low cost.

She wrote: 'Best I’ve ever scored! Worth $215.11 spent $10.92!'

MHUGIE9-X5ySEtKYyc8N90WgbaR1RH-isPvwURXP8ZvcdHao3kKD8usTwWEX2kHa3ONW9AOXWlDw1QL44D9hvclVvCpg3tcKdJ9GleVP1xYweoHnYydz8BmQZ5wEkZOPTxe0fohcpzY7N1F6zBxRgw

The shopper managed to score 26 pricey items for a price of $10.92. Credit: Facebook/Markdown Addicts Australia.

The customer also revealed that she managed to get her hands on these discounted items when she shopped at her local store towards the end of the night, at 8pm, admitting that she had never seen massive markdowns like this before.

The shopper's discounted groceries included a tray of 10 premium lamb cutlets for $1.85, or just over 18 cents per cutlet, and a sizable package of free-range chicken thighs for $1.08.

She also purchased free-range chicken schnitzels for 57 cents a pack, trays of bacon for only 28 cents, and an unbelievable 32-cent 3L carton of Paul's milk.

'Our freezer is now full which is a relief with rising prices.' she added.

The post has captured the attention of thousands of group members who were stunned by the 'amazing' haul.

One user wrote: 'We need to start shopping at this time to grab these type of bargains!'

'Well done! Better in your freezer than in the dumpster!' another exclaimed.

A third chimed in: 'Score! Especially in the recent food cost hike. Jealous but stoked for you.'

However, not everyone was happy with the shopper's tip, with some pointing out that most of the items were being sold on the exact day of their 'consume by' date.

One person questioned: 'Curiously how do people go about these when the use by is the day they purchase?'

'I know some stuff can freeze but I've often brought chicken and other meats that smell funky before their use by dates. Not sure if I'd ever trust meat day of or freeze without checking quality first.'

The question prompted the original poster to respond, revealing her ways to secure good meat despite purchasing them during their 'consume by' dates.

She explained: 'I opened the meat and was still fresh so separated and froze.'

'When u get it home. Open and check it immediately. If it's gross, you can go back and get a refund. If its still good, freeze it.'

Meanwhile, a Coles representative confirmed that some stores offer markdowns to ensure that customers can save money while shopping.

The spokesperson said: 'At Coles, our key focus is on keeping the cost of the family shop down.'

'We know our customers love good value so when a product is near its Best Before date we often mark it down so it can be enjoyed for a cheaper price, instead of being wasted.'

We haven't tried shopping at 8 pm before but as many people backed the claims that it was a good time of day to score marked-down items, we're definitely looking forward to giving it a try.

How about you? Have you ever done your shopping at night and stumbled across an amazing deal? Share your experiences with us in the comments below!

Sponsored
Lol. When I worked in Meat Dpt of Coles, we'd see all the people hanging around for Mark Down Price Time. We'd hang off marking down to have some fun. The people were like vultures, waiting for carrion.

• Haha
Reactions: debjane
I grew up with my mother always buying reduced food, even if it was a day before bb dates. I am now a pensioner and have always looked out for reduced prices. Have even eaten many after the use by dates. Dairy is another, if it smells ok use it. I have never been sick from any foods being used after the bb or expire dates.

The high cost of living is no secret. The price of basic necessities like housing, food, and transportation continue to increase while wages and the pension remain mostly stagnant. So, how do some people manage to find massive bargains despite the skyrocketing costs of living?

Apparently, many people are finding ways to cut costs by following a new shopping schedule for their groceries.

Yes, this may not be new information to you as we previously reported how one shopper managed to save $200 by shopping at a certain schedule to score bargains, but this story that we're about to share details the shopping experience of one Coles customer who was able to purchase $215 worth of groceries for just $10. Now that's a good deal!

Sharing her tip in the Markdown Addicts Australia Facebook group, the Victorian shopper admitted that she was 'absolutely stoked' when she realised that she was able to nab 26 'pricey' products for such a low cost.

MHUGIE9-X5ySEtKYyc8N90WgbaR1RH-isPvwURXP8ZvcdHao3kKD8usTwWEX2kHa3ONW9AOXWlDw1QL44D9hvclVvCpg3tcKdJ9GleVP1xYweoHnYydz8BmQZ5wEkZOPTxe0fohcpzY7N1F6zBxRgw

The shopper managed to score 26 pricey items for a price of $10.92. Credit: Facebook/Markdown Addicts Australia.

The customer also revealed that she managed to get her hands on these discounted items when she shopped at her local store towards the end of the night, at 8pm, admitting that she had never seen massive markdowns like this before.

The shopper's discounted groceries included a tray of 10 premium lamb cutlets for $1.85, or just over 18 cents per cutlet, and a sizable package of free-range chicken thighs for $1.08.

She also purchased free-range chicken schnitzels for 57 cents a pack, trays of bacon for only 28 cents, and an unbelievable 32-cent 3L carton of Paul's milk.

The post has captured the attention of thousands of group members who were stunned by the 'amazing' haul.

One user wrote: 'We need to start shopping at this time to grab these type of bargains!'

A third chimed in: 'Score! Especially in the recent food cost hike. Jealous but stoked for you.'

However, not everyone was happy with the shopper's tip, with some pointing out that most of the items were being sold on the exact day of their 'consume by' date.

One person questioned: 'Curiously how do people go about these when the use by is the day they purchase?'

'I know some stuff can freeze but I've often brought chicken and other meats that smell funky before their use by dates. Not sure if I'd ever trust meat day of or freeze without checking quality first.'

The question prompted the original poster to respond, revealing her ways to secure good meat despite purchasing them during their 'consume by' dates.

'When u get it home. Open and check it immediately. If it's gross, you can go back and get a refund. If its still good, freeze it.'

Meanwhile, a Coles representative confirmed that some stores offer markdowns to ensure that customers can save money while shopping.

The spokesperson said: 'At Coles, our key focus is on keeping the cost of the family shop down.'

'We know our customers love good value so when a product is near its Best Before date we often mark it down so it can be enjoyed for a cheaper price, instead of being wasted.'

We haven't tried shopping at 8 pm before but as many people backed the claims that it was a good time of day to score marked-down items, we're definitely looking forward to giving it a try.

How about you? Have you ever done your shopping at night and stumbled across an amazing deal? Share your experiences with us in the comments below!
Great if you’re having a huge gathering on that day. Most of the meat would be at their ‘use by’ date! Remember, that’s not ‘best by’. It’s meat, poultry….very dangerous!! Not a great bargain if you end up in hospital with food poisoning !

Reactions: Defiant540

Lol. When I worked in Meat Dpt of Coles, we'd see all the people hanging around for Mark Down Price Time. We'd hang off marking down to have some fun. The people were like vultures, waiting for carrion.
That’s NOT FUNNY if you are truely broke as most pensioners are and young people with families. So not funny!!

Great if you’re having a huge gathering on that day. Most of the meat would be at their ‘use by’ date! Remember, that’s not ‘best by’. It’s meat, poultry….very dangerous!! Not a great bargain if you end up in hospital with food poisoning !
if you freeze it as soon as you get home there shouldnt be a problem.

I am one of the old fuddy-duddies. Meat has to smell "on top of the world." Many years ago I was taken to a beautiful Restaurant for a birthday gift & I suffered food poisoning. If you've ever had it, You would want nothing else but to die. It never waited for me to even get to the second course. I was SO sick. Since then I don't trust any meat,bar what I KNOW looks fresh. I can even tell when a sausage has seen better days. I would honestly go without. Watch any meat on bones also. A GOOD butcher will teach you if he's not serving. That's how I learnt. Colour comes into it also, and NOT the price you reckon is a bargain. Dinner or a hospital? You DO have a choice. Harder being served @ a Restaurant because so many dodges come into being. I have always been so so particular when inviting people to dinner ALL my life. So far so good with my guests. Just in passing IF anyone has a big family, why take the chance of them all having food poisoning over a bargain???? Give them anything in the cupboard you,ve got but steer away from meat. It is only for one meal.

If it immefiately goes in the freezer its all good for a while longer.

It amazes me that many wealthy people will wait to grab these bargains. They grab everything they can get and I once saw and knew a single Mum who struggled to put food on the table. She would go to see if there are some bargains for food. This poor Mum had cancer as well. The rich ladies pushed in front of her and grabbed everything there was. How I know they were weathly, because I knew them as well. What a shame how people who has 2 incomes, brand new 4x4's, big mansions to live in, take these food bargains from struggling families !

• Sad
Reactions: selhira