Coles is thanking customers with an unexpected bonus!

Australian shoppers have yet another reason to smile, thanks to a surprising cash bonus from Coles.

Now you might be wondering…'How do I get the bonus?'

It’s easy! Shoppers from select stores who have managed to accumulate 2,000 Flybuys points could receive a $10 discount immediately on their next shop.

SDC Images (1).png
Flybuys members who are eligible may receive a $10 discount on their next shop! Image source: Coles.

For those who aren’t familiar with the system, Flybuys is the largest Australian loyalty program founded by Coles in 1994.

It’s a points-based system where loyal shoppers earn points from purchases, which in turn can be redeemed for rewards or discounts. You can read more about the Flybuys Rewards Program in this article we wrote.

Unfortunately, the offer isn’t yet available to everyone. For now, it's being trialled in a few select stores and has yet to go nationwide.

A Coles spokesperson explained their rationale: 'We are always looking for ways to make it easier for our customers to receive great value when they shop with us.'

'Customers who link their Flybuys account to the Coles app can see personalised Coles offers with the click of a button... We are currently trialling instant $10 for Flybuys members in selected Coles stores, allowing them to redeem 2,000 Flybuys points for instant money off their shop when they spend $10 or more in one transaction.'

'This reward is just one of the many ways we’re continuing to add value to our customers’ lives.'

News of this surprise cash bonus comes on the back of some backlash against both Coles and Woolworths, with some customers grumbling about the reported massive profits both companies enjoyed even as countless Australians battle with the escalating cost of living.

Coles announced a net profit of $1.09 billion for the 12 months leading up to June 2023, up 4.8 per cent from the last financial year. While Woolworths, its competitor, reported a similarly impressive performance, posting a net profit of $1.62 billion, which was a 4.6 per cent increase.

Because of this, both supermarket giants have recently been in the crosshairs of the Australian Council of Trade Unions (ACTU) who launched an inquiry into what they perceived as price gouging by massive corporations. According to ACTU assistant secretary Joseph Mitchell, supermarkets were the prime target of customer complaints regarding price gouging.

Did you know that Flybuys will not only get you a $10 discount on your next grocery bill…with continued use, it may as well let you travel the world for free–yes, you read that right, free!

Savvy shopper Dale redeemed his Flybuys points for Velocity Frequent Flyer points and travelled to five gorgeous destinations without paying a single dollar!

You can find out more about how Dale did it through this article we wrote!

Key Takeaways
  • Coles is giving Flybuys members a $10 discount when they acquire 2,000 Flybuys points. However, this is currently being trialled only in selected stores.
  • Customers who link their Flybuys account to the Coles app can access personalised Coles offers, money off their shop, and more!
  • Coles and Woolworths faced backlash after announcing significant profits amidst rising living costs, with Coles reporting a net profit of $1.09 billion for the 12 months to June 2023, an increase of 4.8 per cent on the previous year.
  • The Australian Council of Trade Unions (ACTU) launched an inquiry into price gouging by big businesses, with supermarkets being the most complained about industry.
Are you one of the lucky recipients of the cash bonus from Coles? Share your experience with us in the comments below!

Sponsored
Very intelligent CEO & MANAGERS treating Australian like kids very funny! Sounds like they can’t do simple add and minus!

Australian shoppers have yet another reason to smile, thanks to a surprising cash bonus from Coles.

It’s easy! Shoppers from select stores who have managed to accumulate 2,000 Flybuys points could receive a $10 discount immediately on their next shop.

View attachment 28603
Flybuys members who are eligible may receive a $10 discount on their next shop! Image source: Coles.

For those who aren’t familiar with the system, Flybuys is the largest Australian loyalty program founded by Coles in 1994.

It’s a points-based system where loyal shoppers earn points from purchases, which in turn can be redeemed for rewards or discounts. You can read more about the Flybuys Rewards Program in this article we wrote.

Unfortunately, the offer isn’t yet available to everyone. For now, it's being trialled in a few select stores and has yet to go nationwide.

A Coles spokesperson explained their rationale: 'We are always looking for ways to make it easier for our customers to receive great value when they shop with us.'

'Customers who link their Flybuys account to the Coles app can see personalised Coles offers with the click of a button... We are currently trialling instant $10 for Flybuys members in selected Coles stores, allowing them to redeem 2,000 Flybuys points for instant money off their shop when they spend $10 or more in one transaction.'

'This reward is just one of the many ways we’re continuing to add value to our customers’ lives.'

News of this surprise cash bonus comes on the back of some backlash against both Coles and Woolworths, with some customers grumbling about the reported massive profits both companies enjoyed even as countless Australians battle with the escalating cost of living.

Coles announced a net profit of $1.09 billion for the 12 months leading up to June 2023, up 4.8 per cent from the last financial year. While Woolworths, its competitor, reported a similarly impressive performance, posting a net profit of $1.62 billion, which was a 4.6 per cent increase.

Because of this, both supermarket giants have recently been in the crosshairs of the Australian Council of Trade Unions (ACTU) who launched an inquiry into what they perceived as price gouging by massive corporations. According to ACTU assistant secretary Joseph Mitchell, supermarkets were the prime target of customer complaints regarding price gouging.

Did you know that Flybuys will not only get you a $10 discount on your next grocery bill…with continued use, it may as well let you travel the world for free–yes, you read that right, free!

Savvy shopper Dale redeemed his Flybuys points for Velocity Frequent Flyer points and travelled to five gorgeous destinations without paying a single dollar!

Key Takeaways

• Coles is giving Flybuys members a $10 discount when they acquire 2,000 Flybuys points. However, this is currently being trialled only in selected stores.
  • Customers who link their Flybuys account to the Coles app can access personalised Coles offers, money off their shop, and more!
  • Coles and Woolworths faced backlash after announcing significant profits amidst rising living costs, with Coles reporting a net profit of $1.09 billion for the 12 months to June 2023, an increase of 4.8 per cent on the previous year.
  • The Australian Council of Trade Unions (ACTU) launched an inquiry into price gouging by big businesses, with supermarkets being the most complained about industry.
Are you one of the lucky recipients of the cash bonus from Coles? Share your experience with us in the comments below!
I sometimes wonder if you folk are behind the times or alternatively places like Coles et al, drip feed you with "stunning new things' they are doing to make life more pleasant and cheaper for the poor peasants out here. This magic $10 off ones shopping has been here in the west with Coles for approximately six (6) months, and Woolworths for at least 18 months to two years.
I realize that this may sound picky however I really choke on the morning coffee wondering how old the 'news' actually is.
As for the wonderful supermarket gouges of the week or fortnight if that happens to be your only way to shop, I am curious to know just how much feeding a house with one and 2 fur babies and a bird actually costs in other jurisdictions. I continuously get the disturbing feeling that we are contributing to those outrageous Billion dollar profits totally by defaut. As my Grand father would say and no default of our own.

Reactions: Marilew
Still a story about nothing. They're just giving something you already have earned by shopping there.
BS spin to cover their ridiculous profits.

This is nothing new, but, I had a doozie happen recently with Flybuys at Coles. I accumulated over 4000 points and as usual practice I converted them to $20 Coles dollars before I went shopping. When I was paying at the checkout the assistant asked if I wanted to redeem $10. I agreed and also that I had $20 on my card. He redeemed the $10 then my $20 for payment and to my surprise when I looked at my Flybuys account I owed them 2000 points and still accumulating to pay it back!

Coles are giving you nothing extra. $10 off a shop is hardly noticeable. My wife lets her points accumulate, so that by Christmas she has $600 0r $700 Reward Points saved up for extra shopping over the holidays and into the New Year !

They are not giving you anything , everyone who accumulates 2000 points get $10 off a shop. Only difference is you normally need to activate and turn it into coles dollar's.

I don't want to use $10 at a time, I like to accumulate the points.

Or are they being nice and giving a bonus $10 🤔 I don't think so !!
My thought exactly. Every time you shop, once you re about to pay you re asked " Do you want to use 2000 points to take $10 off? I always click on decline. My next overseas trip will be booked through fly buys travels, paid for with my accumulated points, and will straight away give me points to start saving towards my next ticket. Have been doing that since way before Covid!

What bonus? I'm new to flybuys and accumulated the required 2000 points. I found I had to go back into my account and transfer it to the card before I could redeem anything on my next store purchase. Woolies notifies you when you have $10 off and they ask you at the checkout if you'd like to use it, much easier than Coles.

It’s your $10 you’ve accumulated with 2000 points but it offers you the choice of using it at the checkout instead of you having to go into the app and claim it yourself. You don’t have to use it when they ask, you can leave it and let it accumulate and use later.

View attachment 28603

Key Takeaways

It’s your $10 you’ve accumulated with 2000 points but it offers you the choice of using it at the checkout instead of you having to go into the app and claim it yourself. You don’t have to use it when they ask, you can leave it and let it accumulate and use later.
Yes! Yet another beat up from Seniors Discounts, saying it’s a cash bonus when it is not! I don’t know why I even bother to read some of their articles, so many discrepancies. I have read quite a few that don’t make any sense!

Reactions: Marilew
Yes! Yet another beat up from Seniors Discounts, saying it’s a cash bonus when it is not! I don’t know why I even bother to read some of their articles, so many discrepancies. I have read quite a few that don’t make any sense!
I agree 💯 I’ve given up and un subscribed for that exact same reason sensationalising headlines 😡