Coles announces new $12 Honey BBQ roast chicken

One of the country’s most loved dinner staples has been given an extra special twist as Coles debuts a new flavour to their cult-favourite roast chicken. And oh boy, we can’t wait to give this one a try!

Given the success of their Mexican-flavoured BBQ chook, the grocery giant decided it’s time for another heavenly addition– a Honey BBQ version.

It’s marinated in honey, garlic, and liquid smoke for a delectable flavour like no other and the roast chicken is also filled with paprika, garlic, honey, herb, and breadcrumb stuffing. (chef’s kiss)

JaxoqyPf0shLizRSmjP0jtBIxuKXF4JqeOE6BJwVtSYPQkjBHnXLgoxc1VykjguHJJ5wnKXMrV1t2KkilKYqSo_r70oP-5i1a3uQZMfXem9qRd5b6yy0RrtLWoF3lUPGkXaqMn73

Image Credit: Retail World Magazine

Coles Product Developer for Seafood & Deli, Tom Hickox, shared that the supermarket was thrilled about offering customers fresh new takes on their top-selling products.

“We are always looking for ways to innovate across our existing product range and provide our customers with interesting new meal ideas,” Mr Hickox said in a statement.

“We think customers will love our brand-new Coles Honey BBQ Hot Roast RSPCA Approved Chicken, the perfect weekday meal base to grab-and-go and add to their favourite recipes, such as tacos with charred corn salsa and chipotle mayo, or sliders with coleslaw and ranch dressing.”

After the Mexican-flavoured chicken took the country by storm, he said Coles discovered that their customers are now looking for original and flavour-packed alternatives to the standard roast chook.

Data carried out by the supermarket on their customer base confirmed that a honey-based flavour combination was the most highly sought-after option – beating flavours such as satay by more than 13 percent.

They were also inspired by the success of their Honey Soy Chicken Kebabs, a constant favourite of shoppers.

“We are so excited to offer them (the customers) the new smoky honey flavour combination to make dinnertime even sweeter,” Mr Hickox added.

The special edition Honey BBQ roast chickens are now available throughout Australia in all Coles’ delis, aside from Northern Territory, for only $12 each.

Are you a fan of honey-flavoured delis? Share your thoughts with us in the comments!

And if you’d rather whip up your own honey garlic chicken for dinner, watch the video below for a delicious recipe!

Video Credit: RecipeTIN Eats

Reactions: Ricci
Sponsored

One of the country’s most loved dinner staples has been given an extra special twist as Coles debuts a new flavour to their cult-favourite roast chicken. And oh boy, we can’t wait to give this one a try!

Given the success of their Mexican-flavoured BBQ chook, the grocery giant decided it’s time for another heavenly addition– a Honey BBQ version.

It’s marinated in honey, garlic, and liquid smoke for a delectable flavour like no other and the roast chicken is also filled with paprika, garlic, honey, herb, and breadcrumb stuffing. (chef’s kiss)

JaxoqyPf0shLizRSmjP0jtBIxuKXF4JqeOE6BJwVtSYPQkjBHnXLgoxc1VykjguHJJ5wnKXMrV1t2KkilKYqSo_r70oP-5i1a3uQZMfXem9qRd5b6yy0RrtLWoF3lUPGkXaqMn73

Coles Product Developer for Seafood & Deli, Tom Hickox, shared that the supermarket was thrilled about offering customers fresh new takes on their top-selling products.

“We are always looking for ways to innovate across our existing product range and provide our customers with interesting new meal ideas,” Mr Hickox said in a statement.

“We think customers will love our brand-new Coles Honey BBQ Hot Roast RSPCA Approved Chicken, the perfect weekday meal base to grab-and-go and add to their favourite recipes, such as tacos with charred corn salsa and chipotle mayo, or sliders with coleslaw and ranch dressing.”

After the Mexican-flavoured chicken took the country by storm, he said Coles discovered that their customers are now looking for original and flavour-packed alternatives to the standard roast chook.

Data carried out by the supermarket on their customer base confirmed that a honey-based flavour combination was the most highly sought-after option – beating flavours such as satay by more than 13 percent.

They were also inspired by the success of their Honey Soy Chicken Kebabs, a constant favourite of shoppers.

“We are so excited to offer them (the customers) the new smoky honey flavour combination to make dinnertime even sweeter,” Mr Hickox added.

The special edition Honey BBQ roast chickens are now available throughout Australia in all Coles’ delis, aside from Northern Territory, for only $12 each.

Are you a fan of honey-flavoured delis? Share your thoughts with us in the comments!

And if you’d rather whip up your own honey garlic chicken for dinner, watch the video below for a delicious recipe!

IVideo Credit: RecipeTIN Eats

Our family has tried the roast chicken from both Coles' and Woolie's deli and found that Woolie's roast chicken has more taste in the meat (not just the skin).
We hope this new flavour from Coles will be better, but at $12 compared to Woolie's $11, we will wait for a Coles offer to try the new taste.

Be careful with the latest thing selling - the foot patch detox which they claim not only lose weight but also cures aches and pains. They got me at a week moment and I tried to get it cancelled and money back but the said it had been sent yet I didn't have a tracking email as they say. They started bargaining to give me a 15% partial refund and keep the items. It went to a once only offer of 30%, 50% then I said 60% which they knocked back then accepted.
I will test the items when they arrive and fill you all in unless I lose too much weight and start competing in ironman events

Be careful with the latest thing selling - the foot patch detox which they claim not only lose weight but also cures aches and pains. They got me at a week moment and I tried to get it cancelled and money back but the said it had been sent yet I didn't have a tracking email as they say. They started bargaining to give me a 15% partial refund and keep the items. It went to a once only offer of 30%, 50% then I said 60% which they knocked back then accepted.
I will test the items when they arrive and fill you all in unless I lose too much weight and start competing in ironman events
Sorry, but what has foot patch to do with roast chicken in this topic?

More SUGAR in yr diet frm COLES!
Will VICTORIAN HONEY be used, or will it be the mixed, non-nutritious, additive-filled honey frm China?
Or, will it be just sugar dissolved in water then sprayed on the tiny chicken - w no real Honey at all?

I do not trust this latest ploy, and we do not need more sugar in our diets!

• How much smaller are these giant stores going to present "roast chickens", bcz they are already close to roast eggs?!
They are not even size 13s.

Why not provide a Honey Glaze RECIPE CARD at the counter to make yr own honey coating at home, instead of creating something so sticky that not only does chicken become unhealthy, but the staff who must clean out these rotissieries will take twice as long, or hv to use chemicals to dissolve the dripped the cooked-on sugar, thereby putting more chemicals into our food?

Reactions: Julie1 and Vicki.E.
Myself, I’d rather buy a cooked chicken from IGA (only supermarket in town) for $10.99 or $9.99 on special, then cook my own in my crappy oven I might have my prices wrong as my memory isn’t the best.
Plus I think they’re yummy 😋

Reactions: BabsL and Ricci

Is it AUSTRALIAN HONEY or the cheap nasty Chinese stuff that Coles is using? I won’t be buying it. I buy good Aussie condiments and will ‘honey’ my own thanx, if necessary. Why is Coles purposely aiming to continue and enforce the addiction to sugary foods this way?
Wld hv thought the “diet police” wld kick this to the kerb.
It is American to coat everything in sugar.
Aussies deserve better than this!

Reactions: Ricci