Peter Watt has been my go-to author for many years now & it all started with "The Cry of the Curlew " I love every book he has written I have them all. Except for the latest one which she meant to buy me for my 85th birthday in October. I am still waiting but it will come & I hope for it to be signed by Peter as I am lucky enough to have met him at a book signing in Brisbane in 2017.
I also love Peter Watt books. A great saga, but the stand-alone novels are also great.

Christmas Holiday Book Recommendations!

Do you have any books you'd like to recommend to everyone? I alway have a Christmas Holiday Book Collection but I would absolutely love to add to it!

If you have any books, of any genre, non-fiction or fiction (I read it all!) I'd love to hear it. A little synopsis about the book and why you liked it would be wonderful too, but if you aren't up to it, just post the books name and I'll go searching for it!

Thank you so much for sharing 

Attachments

• 20221226_171724.jpg
    20221226_171724.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 0
I would like to recommend books by "Beverley Harper" she was an Australian author who wrote adventure/thriller books set in Africa. I would put her up with "Wilbur Smith" who is another author who I have enjoyed reading.
Beverley Harper only wrote 8 books, before she passed away with cancer. Her books were very popular and can be found in most second-hand bookstores or Op-Shops. When we moved to our Retirement Village. I had to sell/give away many hundreds of books, but I made sure to all of my Beverley Harper books.
The titles are:
Storms Over Africa
Echo of an Angry God
People of Heaven
Edge of the Rain
The Forgotten Sea
Jackal's Dance
Shadows In The grass
Footprints of Lions

I just read a book by Fiona McIntosh called the Spy's wife which I could not put down excellent writer
Enjoy

I thoroughly enjoyed all three books by Richard Osman:
1 The Thursday Murder Club
2 The Man who died Twice
3 The Bullet that Missed

The stories focus on a group of seniors who live in a retirement village and who assist the local police in solving murders. They will have you laughing and sometimes crying at the same time, especially as you relate to the situations they often find themselves in. 5 star books for me 👍
Look

I would like to recommend books by "Beverley Harper" she was an Australian author who wrote adventure/thriller books set in Africa. I would put her up with "Wilbur Smith" who is another author who I have enjoyed reading.
Beverley Harper only wrote 8 books, before she passed away with cancer. Her books were very popular and can be found in most second-hand bookstores or Op-Shops. When we moved to our Retirement Village. I had to sell/give away many hundreds of books, but I made sure to all of my Beverley Harper books.
The titles are:
Storms Over Africa
Echo of an Angry God
People of Heaven
Edge of the Rain
The Forgotten Sea
Jackal's Dance
Shadows In The grass
Footprints of Lions
I meant to that I made sure I KEPT all of the Beverley Harper books.