SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
Sethia Soliman

Sethia Soliman

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2022
Can you recommend a book that you just couldn’t put down?

Hello, lovely members! Recently, I’ve been finding my bookshelf a little lacklustre so, I’d love it if you could help me find some new books to add to my collection. Nothing beats the feel of a book in your hands, eh? And of course, the sheer excitement of flipping through those pages and experiencing a beautifully written story for the first time—creases and all.

photo-1610116306796-6fea9f4fae38.jpg
Source: Unsplash

So, don’t be shy now, share your recommendations with me below!

There's a thread running recommending books here ......
It does get a bit off topic sometimes, but that is typical for this great website.

I can't go past Terri Blackstock. Anything she has written is brilliant. As I love reading about the Amish then her ongoing stories about a Policewoman in charge of a small town with an Amish community are just right!

Hello, lovely members! Recently, I’ve been finding my bookshelf a little lacklustre so, I’d love it if you could help me find some new books to add to my collection. Nothing beats the feel of a book in your hands, eh? And of course, the sheer excitement of flipping through those pages and experiencing a beautifully written story for the first time—creases and all.

View attachment 30997

False impressions by Jeffrey Archer
It kept me in suspense till the end!!
Also latest books I ready by author Dervla

View attachment 30997

False Impression by Jeffrey Archer
Kept me in suspense till end.
Also books by the author Dervla Mctiernan

Outlander Series by Diana Gabaldon. Soooo much better than the videos which are not faithful to the books. A real page turner. Great cast of characters. The author has written side stories about some of the characters in the main story.

View attachment 30997

any book by Catherine Cookson

View attachment 30997

Sam's Letters to Jennifer, by James Patterson .

Reactions: Jarred Santos

View attachment 30997

Haven't read a complete book in 40plus years until last Xmas when my granddaughter #2 bought me a book written by Jimmy Niro titled, "Dad Jokes, the GOOD, the BAD, the TERRIBLE." & I couldn't put it down until I had read it cover to cover.
Just shows my twisted sense of humour I guess😊

Phillip Kerr Any from the Bernie Gunther series - great plot, setting, character and wry humour.
Any book by Michael Connely esp. with Harry Bosch protagonist. Top of the class for crime thrillers.

View attachment 30997

any of these! Love a "whodunnit"..and these got me in :)
lambert and harvard series

• Love
Reactions: Jarred Santos
I love reading books and feeling the textures of the pages. Nothing beats sitting down with a good novel. Tania Blanchard is a fantastic Australian author, The Girl from Munich, Suitcase of Dreams and she has another 2 novels. Also Fiona Macintosh, The Lavender Keeper and The French Promise. Read the Lavender Keeper 1st.