Can you answer this ‘impossible’ Aussie pub trivia question?

Most of us love a good pub trivia session, and with questions ranging from the simple to the really tricky, you never really know what’s in store. It’s also a great way to flex your general knowledge muscles and win a few free drinks while you’re at it!

And it seems one pub in Sydney recently left their patrons (and thousands of social media users) stumped after asking a seemingly impossible question.

A baffling trivia question has since gone viral on the social media forum Reddit after a pub goer asked for help in solving the puzzle.

The person who shared the puzzle said his friend took the picture while doing the quiz at the Penrith Gaels Club in Sydney and sent it to them.

‘From pub trivia, mate left before getting the answer, any ideas?’ The Reddit user captioned and attached a photo of the trivia question.

(Try and solve this before reading the answer near the end of the article! Share your guesses in the comments 😉)

Pub.jpg
Can you solve this pub question? Credit: Reddit

The photo shows five figures: two female heads that have check marks above them alongside three male figures.

Hint: The original poster went on to say that these types of questions are ‘usually a phrase or a saying’.

The pub question post attracted more than 9,000 reactions and thousands of comments, with many saying they were confused as to what the answer may be.

‘Ah, two’s company, three’s a crowd then,’ one commented, to which another Reddit user replied: ‘Why draw different sexes? I assumed the gender difference had to play a role but apparently, it’s meaningless.’

Another replied: ‘Or maybe, Ok (check marks), ladies and gentlemen.’ Someone agreed and said that this is the one that ‘makes the most sense so far’.

‘It explains the gendered icons and the check marks. Doesn’t explain why it’s specifically two to three but I’m willing to accept that compromise,’ they added.

One suggested that it meant ‘ladies first’ while someone else guessed ‘ladies before gentlemen’.

pub2.jpg
Many social media users tried to solve the baffling pub trivia question. Credit: Engin Akyurt/Pexels

Just as more comments poured in, the original poster chimed in to give an update on their quest to find the right answer.

They said: ‘I have called the pub and the bloke that did the trivia last night will be back in at 4:30 pm Sydney time. I have left my name and number for him to call back. But another Redditor commented saying he was there and that the Trivia Master accepted all answers because no one got it. I will update again when I get a call back.’

This made more people antsy, as someone claimed they couldn’t wait to find out the right answer.

‘I don’t know that I can wait that long… surely it’s still open?! It’s not even 10.30 pm…’ One stated to which the original poster replied: ‘It’s a small-ish pub, they were closed at 9:30 pm.’

‘Unfortunately, most of these pubs hire someone to come in and do the trivia so they probably won’t know,’ another chimed in.

A third added: ‘Prediction: there is no answer and the trivia master will call in sick until this thing dies down.’

While waiting for more updates, Redditors kept guessing the right answer to the quiz.

‘You know what they say, two heads are better than three men,’ one quipped.

Another joked: ‘Two heads are better than one, but three heads are better than two if you need a committee to make a decision.’

‘Chequered history? (Checks-hers his-tri),’ someone offered, to which many agreed that this was likely the right answer.

‘I’m going to bet on this one and finally go to bed,’ one stated.

‘Even if it may not be right, it's clever and I like it,’ another commented.

One Reddit user claimed that the answer was: ‘Behind all great men is a ticked-off woman.’

Another offered: ‘The right men, check on ladies first?’ Which was clever, but not quite the answer many were looking for.

In a recent update by the original poster, they finally revealed what many had been waiting for: ‘Alright, the pub saw the post and they have found the answer that the Trivia Master was looking for,’ the original poster started.

They said that the answer is: ‘Ladies First’.

‘A little bit anticlimactic but at least we have the answer now. A bunch of people got it right,’ the poster stated.

This sparked outrage amongst many Redditors who claimed that they ‘waited for nothing’.

‘I knew the real answer was going to be woefully disappointing,’ someone wrote before adding that the more they thought about it, the angrier they were.

‘What a needlessly obtuse puzzle for such a simple answer.’

‘I've only invested 2 minutes into this post and I'm annoyed. There's literally nothing about the puzzle that would logically lead someone to reach that conclusion,’ one more replied.

‘That makes no sense, what is the deal with the ticks then?’ One asked.

A third responded: ‘Good Lord. I had "checking overhead linesmen" and all sorts of things going. Ladies first? Why not use the ladies’ bathroom signs then? Why profiles?’

If you're up for it, we've got more trivia questions for you!

Can You Solve These Trivia Questions_ (1).jpg
No peeking at the answers below! Image credit: The Seniors Discount Club

Key Takeaways
  • A Reddit user shared an image of an Aussie pub trivia question which left thousands of social media users stumped.
  • Many tried to guess the answer and suggested plausible phrases such as 'two’s company, three’s a crowd' and ‘ladies and gentlemen’.
  • After intense debate, the Reddit user who posted the brain teaser vowed to call the pub to find out the answer.
  • The answer ended up being 'Ladies First’.

Here are the answers to our trivia questions!

Can You Solve These Trivia answer.jpg
How many were you able to guess correctly? Image credit: The Seniors Discount Club

Were you able to guess the right answers? If you’d like more fun, check out our jokes, fun and games forum here!

Sponsored
Most of us love a good pub trivia session, and with questions ranging from the simple to the really tricky, you never really know what’s in store. It’s also a great way to flex your general knowledge muscles and win a few free drinks while you’re at it!

And it seems one pub in Sydney recently left their patrons (and thousands of social media users) stumped after asking a seemingly impossible question.

A baffling trivia question has since gone viral on the social media forum Reddit after a pub goer asked for help in solving the puzzle.

The person who shared the puzzle said his friend took the picture while doing the quiz at the Penrith Gaels Club in Sydney and sent it to them.

‘From pub trivia, mate left before getting the answer, any ideas?’ The Reddit user captioned and attached a photo of the trivia question.

(Try and solve this before reading the answer near the end of the article! Share your guesses in the comments 😉)

View attachment 14909

The photo shows five figures: two female heads that have check marks above them alongside three male figures.

Hint: The original poster went on to say that these types of questions are ‘usually a phrase or a saying’.

The pub question post attracted more than 9,000 reactions and thousands of comments, with many saying they were confused as to what the answer may be.

‘Ah, two’s company, three’s a crowd then,’ one commented, to which another Reddit user replied: ‘Why draw different sexes? I assumed the gender difference had to play a role but apparently, it’s meaningless.’

Another replied: ‘Or maybe, Ok (check marks), ladies and gentlemen.’ Someone agreed and said that this is the one that ‘makes the most sense so far’.

‘It explains the gendered icons and the check marks. Doesn’t explain why it’s specifically two to three but I’m willing to accept that compromise,’ they added.

One suggested that it meant ‘ladies first’ while someone else guessed ‘ladies before gentlemen’.

View attachment 14910
Many social media users tried to solve the baffling pub trivia question. Credit: Engin Akyurt/Pexels

Just as more comments poured in, the original poster chimed in to give an update on their quest to find the right answer.

They said: ‘I have called the pub and the bloke that did the trivia last night will be back in at 4:30 pm Sydney time. I have left my name and number for him to call back. But another Redditor commented saying he was there and that the Trivia Master accepted all answers because no one got it. I will update again when I get a call back.’

This made more people antsy, as someone claimed they couldn’t wait to find out the right answer.

‘I don’t know that I can wait that long… surely it’s still open?! It’s not even 10.30 pm…’ One stated to which the original poster replied: ‘It’s a small-ish pub, they were closed at 9:30 pm.’

‘Unfortunately, most of these pubs hire someone to come in and do the trivia so they probably won’t know,’ another chimed in.

A third added: ‘Prediction: there is no answer and the trivia master will call in sick until this thing dies down.’

While waiting for more updates, Redditors kept guessing the right answer to the quiz.

Another joked: ‘Two heads are better than one, but three heads are better than two if you need a committee to make a decision.’

‘Chequered history? (Checks-hers his-tri),’ someone offered, to which many agreed that this was likely the right answer.

One Reddit user claimed that the answer was: ‘Behind all great men is a ticked-off woman.’

Another offered: ‘The right men, check on ladies first?’ Which was clever, but not quite the answer many were looking for.

In a recent update by the original poster, they finally revealed what many had been waiting for: ‘Alright, the pub saw the post and they have found the answer that the Trivia Master was looking for,’ the original poster started.

‘A little bit anticlimactic but at least we have the answer now. A bunch of people got it right,’ the poster stated.

This sparked outrage amongst many Redditors who claimed that they ‘waited for nothing’.

‘I knew the real answer was going to be woefully disappointing,’ someone wrote before adding that the more they thought about it, the angrier they were.

‘I've only invested 2 minutes into this post and I'm annoyed. There's literally nothing about the puzzle that would logically lead someone to reach that conclusion,’ one more replied.

A third responded: ‘Good Lord. I had "checking overhead linesmen" and all sorts of things going. Ladies first? Why not use the ladies’ bathroom signs then? Why profiles?’

View attachment 14911

Key Takeaways

• A Reddit user shared an image of an Aussie pub trivia question which left thousands of social media users stumped.
  • Many tried to guess the answer and suggested plausible phrases such as 'two’s company, three’s a crowd' and ‘ladies and gentlemen’.
  • After intense debate, the Reddit user who posted the brain teaser vowed to call the pub to find out the answer.

View attachment 14912
How many were you able to guess correctly? Image credit: The Seniors Discount Club

Were you able to guess the right answers? If you’d like more fun, check out our jokes, fun and games forum here!
I have no idea what they are on about. As soon as I saw it I thought Ladies First! Surely that is obvious!

Reactions: Ian1, Gsr and Ricci

View attachment 14909

View attachment 14910

View attachment 14911

Key Takeaways

View attachment 14912

Two's company, three's a crowd?

The back story sounds wrong. Whoever heard of a pub closing at 9.30pm in the last fifty years?

• Haha
Reactions: Ricci
A bit like shopping center car parks it's a sign to let patrons know if there are spaces left in the pub's toilets! (Sorry, couldn't help it).

• Haha
Reactions: Ricci