Cafe owner shares a touching message with the thief who robbed her shop – “An exceptional human being.”

When we’re at the receiving end of a crime, it’s only natural to feel nothing but resentment and anger towards the perpetrator. But one cafe owner handled the predicament she was in differently – and it left thousands teary-eyed.

Gloria’s Cafe in Melbourne was robbed on Saturday morning after an unidentified man broke through the shop’s entrance. Moments later, the cafe owner Gloria Sooba took to Facebook to issue a message to the culprit… Only it’s completely different from how one would typically react.

Gloria expressed a sincere level of understanding to what the man may be ‘going through’, saying: “To the man who robbed my cafe. Not the way I wanted to start the weekend,”

tu_cBcQB33nHA3JP6jKAMIUswwuQGh-T1SNTyJnqle00OD6waPs1gAOMHDYIcOzs9X9c94g9T2PmhujPeBL2ViaV_yNnExM0S_2MfRsS2kaEpppYiUesVTqzMmDHAn6Qg9qm26IfT8x9sT1cTw

Gloria’s Cafe (pictured). Image Credit: Daily Mail

“I know everyone is doing it tough and as a small business I understand that. I also understand that from a personal level more than ever, I've been in some very dark places and I have always picked myself up and pushed myself to move ahead,”

“If you read this I get it, I've been in the pits of hell and I know how hard it is. I also know no one can judge you as hard as you do to yourself, this is how I changed my mind set,” she continued.

“A mistake isn't a mistake if you learn from it, it's a lesson. I hope you find the strength to get through what ever you are going through, just remember one step at a time.”

The post was met with thousands of strong, positive responses from users applauding her for the empathy she showed. A couple even claimed they were dropping by to visit her cafe and spreading the word about the shop to show their utmost support for her.

Post Credit: GloriasCafe

“Wow. You are an exceptional human being.” wrote one person.

“Everyone should rally behind this cafe. What a remarkable post that deserves a lot of attention,” chimed another.

“You are a beautiful human being with so much empathy. Will certainly be in for a coffee.” added a third.

A fourth person who works in the vicinity declared: “As I work in the area, I’ll be stopping in for coffee next week!”

“Wow, you express such kindness and empathy towards an individual who has acted selfishly and in such desperation, committed a crime. I would not have expected to read a post like this – what a wonderful personality you have.” said one more.

“On a positive note, I didn't know your cafe existed… But now that I do, I have shared where I can. Your compassion, proves you really have been in the 'pits of hell'. Bless you!” commented another.

We all needed some heartwarming news to combat all the bad stuff popping up lately. What are your thoughts about Gloria’s message? Would you have reacted similarly? Share what you think with us in the comments below!

Sponsored
When we’re at the receiving end of a crime, it’s only natural to feel nothing but resentment and anger towards the perpetrator. But one cafe owner handled the predicament she was in differently – and it left thousands teary-eyed.

Gloria’s Cafe in Melbourne was robbed on Saturday morning after an unidentified man broke through the shop’s entrance. Moments later, the cafe owner Gloria Sooba took to Facebook to issue a message to the culprit… Only it’s completely different from how one would typically react.

Gloria expressed a sincere level of understanding to what the man may be ‘going through’, saying: “To the man who robbed my cafe. Not the way I wanted to start the weekend,”

tu_cBcQB33nHA3JP6jKAMIUswwuQGh-T1SNTyJnqle00OD6waPs1gAOMHDYIcOzs9X9c94g9T2PmhujPeBL2ViaV_yNnExM0S_2MfRsS2kaEpppYiUesVTqzMmDHAn6Qg9qm26IfT8x9sT1cTw

Gloria’s Cafe (pictured). Image Credit: Daily Mail

“I know everyone is doing it tough and as a small business I understand that. I also understand that from a personal level more than ever, I've been in some very dark places and I have always picked myself up and pushed myself to move ahead,”

“If you read this I get it, I've been in the pits of hell and I know how hard it is. I also know no one can judge you as hard as you do to yourself, this is how I changed my mind set,” she continued.

“A mistake isn't a mistake if you learn from it, it's a lesson. I hope you find the strength to get through what ever you are going through, just remember one step at a time.”

The post was met with thousands of strong, positive responses from users applauding her for the empathy she showed. A couple even claimed they were dropping by to visit her cafe and spreading the word about the shop to show their utmost support for her.

Post Credit: GloriasCafe

“Wow. You are an exceptional human being.” wrote one person.

“Everyone should rally behind this cafe. What a remarkable post that deserves a lot of attention,” chimed another.

“You are a beautiful human being with so much empathy. Will certainly be in for a coffee.” added a third.

A fourth person who works in the vicinity declared: “As I work in the area, I’ll be stopping in for coffee next week!”

“Wow, you express such kindness and empathy towards an individual who has acted selfishly and in such desperation, committed a crime. I would not have expected to read a post like this – what a wonderful personality you have.” said one more.

“On a positive note, I didn't know your cafe existed… But now that I do, I have shared where I can. Your compassion, proves you really have been in the 'pits of hell'. Bless you!” commented another.

We all needed some heartwarming news to combat all the bad stuff popping up lately. What are your thoughts about Gloria’s message? Would you have reacted similarly? Share what you think with us in the comments below!

top notch person she shows how all of us should act. I do not know if i could