I rarely buy online now as was also caught out once , luckily not for much so ,if I do buy on line it's from a company I know and use my Credit card then pay money back into my Credit card straight away

Reactions: BeautifulMousey
I rarely buy online now as was also caught out once , luckily not for much so ,if I do buy on line it's from a company I know and use my Credit card then pay money back into my Credit card straight away
I won't buy clothes on line anymore. Might send me a washboard next time. Although that would cover more than the harmonica

the future of on line will go the same way as 'door to door 'selling..... dont do it or accept the downside
I shop online all the time as I live in a small country town with no shops except grocery.
Mostly I have shopped with LightinaBox, Shein and Temu .
I have bought 100s of items, have had no trouble whatsoever with any of these sites, prompt delivery, good quality, exceptional prices and good service.
I have found that a lot of people who have problems have clicked on a pop up ad instead of using the app. This is a very good way to get onto a scam site.
On only one occasion, with Temu, I was sent a wrong item. I was told to not bother to return and a refund was in my bank account about 10mins later.
What more can you want.
Much better service than I've received from any local sites, with the exception of Innovations who also offer good service.

Last edited:
I shop online all the time as I live in a small country town with no shops except grocery.
Mostly I have shopped with LightinaBox, Shein and Temu .
I have bought 100s of items, have had no trouble whatsoever with any of these sites, prompt delivery, good quality, exceptional prices and good service.
I have found that a lot of people who have problems have clicked on a pop up ad instead of using the app. This is a very good way to get onto a scam site.
On only one occasion, with Temu, I was sent a wrong item. I was told to not bother to return and a refund was in my bank account about 10mins later.
What more can you want.
Much better service than I've received from any local sites, with the exception of Innovations who also offer good service.
I have shopped with lightingthebox, they have some really nice things,and cheap. I bought some dresses from them for $6.25 each and they are nice. Spent too much with them actually. Don't need any more clothes😂

Reactions: DLHM and Littleboy8
I have shopped with lightingthebox, they have some really nice things,and cheap. I bought some dresses from them for $6.25 each and they are nice. Spent too much with them actually. Don't need any more clothes😂
Ditto for me. I have enough clothes to open my own shop.
One walk in robe and a 3 door built in robe.
Am trying to be good, but I really am hopeless.

My wife has sold some thing on marketplace and people do try to trick her lucky she's pretty smart she will only take cash before she hands over the item I could go on but I don't like typing
I stay away from Market
Place, too many scammers.
I've used Gumtree a lot, never had any problems, but I know people who have.
I've just been lucky I guess.

I have purchased 2 items on FB and both times I've been ripped off. You can stick FB ads where the sun don't shine. I buy and sell a lot on market place and have had a couple of scammers try and scam me, but the ones that tried were easy to spot. I mainly use Temu for my online shopping and have never had a problem. If something isn't exactly as described I always ask for a refund, in most cases I haven't even had to send the item back. Although I use PayPal, They can be very hard to communicate with when you have a problem.

What I hate is hubby sees post on FB asking do you know you don't need to use blood pressure medication or do you know what Metformin does to your body it goes on how doctors and the big pharmaceutical companies don't tell you how you just need to use an organic pill....blah blah blah and hubby falls for it and has stopped his meds to try it. He saw it didn't work but it still looking at those different post 😡

What I hate is hubby sees post on FB asking do you know you don't need to use blood pressure medication or do you know what Metformin does to your body it goes on how doctors and the big pharmaceutical companies don't tell you how you just need to use an organic pill....blah blah blah and hubby falls for it and has stopped his meds to try it. He saw it didn't work but it still looking at those different post 😡
I know of several people who stopped taking medications because "they are fine now".
They do not seem to have the mentality to realise they are fine now because of the medications
🤦

I know of several people who stopped taking medications because "they are fine now".
They do not seem to have the mentality to realise they are fine now because of the medications
🤦
Hubby stopped his diabetic meds for a month, he became unwell and we saw his sugar level was 18.

Another time he stopped his blood pressure meds and his pressure shot up to 202/ 110. My doctor told him he cannot stop these medications.
His blood pressure is still high with taking meds 155/98

He believes he can find something better than taking his meds. He is also avoiding the doctor as she wants to increase his blood pressure tablets for a 4th time.

In both instances he was trying so called natural medications that he found on Facebook. He has stopped showing me these post as it just makes me angry.
It's only a matter of time before someone dies through these post. They are so convincing

I have bought small items twice from Facebook ads, set out very professionally many pages long, lots of photos. I could not see anything wrong. Twice I have not received the goods, no matter how many follow up emails I sent. Lesson learnt, I just scroll through those ads now.
Yes,ihave been caught once, fraud department of my bank said don't buy of Facebook ads,

Hubby stopped his diabetic meds for a month, he became unwell and we saw his sugar level was 18.

Another time he stopped his blood pressure meds and his pressure shot up to 202/ 110. My doctor told him he cannot stop these medications.
His blood pressure is still high with taking meds 155/98

He believes he can find something better than taking his meds. He is also avoiding the doctor as she wants to increase his blood pressure tablets for a 4th time.
Oh dear, what a worry for you.
My mother in law almost died when her eldest son took her off her blood pressure and cholesterol medications because he said she didn't need them anymore, she was "fine" until she wasn't.
Being a large Italian family poor mum just believed that because he was the "eldest son" he knew what he was doing.🤷
My ex husband, who suffered from bipolar, also stopped his meds with disastrous repercussions, he committed suicide.
When will people learn they are on these medications for a very good reason.
I have been on blood pressure and cholesterol meds for 25 years and intend to remain on them as my yearly health checks have been perfect in all this time.
Except for arthritis.but I feel if that's all I have to worry about at 77 years of age then I should
be grateful.

I had already paid 2 of 4 payments with Paypal when I received the items I had purchased. They were not what I ordered. In the meantime the 3rd payment had been made by Paypal. I notified Paypal and told them I had not received the items. In the meantime, the Chinese supplier had promised a refund if I returned the items at my own expense (in excess of $80). During a search online I found a talk site with an extremely large number of complaints, similar to mine, re this company, telling customers not to buy, and not to send the items back as you never received any refund or replacement. They also said the retailer promised gift certificates etc. instead of replacement, but they rarely arrived. I received these offers and was also asked by the retailer to lie about the value so they would not have to pay duty on the returns. I reported this to Paypal and instructed that no further payments be made.
At the same time my credit card was reissued with a new number (no connection to this situation). Paypal sent me details of the payments they had already made and I found the payments had not been made to the company I bought from, but to another company. The name of this company was in Chinese characters. They told me that their contract was with the Chinese comany, not the online company supposedly operating from Australia. Paypal offered me a credit for $100 and asked that I make the 4th payment. I would have been out of pocket for in excess of $100. The matter has not progressed. Buyer beware.
why have you not told the name of this company to warn others.