Budget-friendly and reusable present wrapping hack!

Thinking of a present for someone is an ordeal in itself, especially if you’re the kind who wants the gift tailored to their recipient.

You might be the kind to spend hours on end browsing catalogues and websites just to find that perfect gift (that fits within your budget).

And then you find what you were looking for, and are so excited to see the smile on the recipient’s face.

But then you realise: you have to wrap the gift!

Once again, the bane of gift-givers makes itself known.

Most of us would have no issue with wrapping stuff in fancy paper. That’s all there is to do, right?

But then, there are those of us who baulk at the thought of all that cutting and taping, because wrapping gifts is not as easy as it looks. It can be especially hard if the years have given you less steady hands than in your youth.

But what if we told you there was an easy way to give gifts with the ‘wrap’ doubling as a usable item?

Without further ado, introducing: The Kmart Glitter Case Hack!

8a0813550fdef9dc31fceae3d30528b0.jpg
The woman came up with a unique gift idea after a Kmart find. Credit: news.com.au/Facebook

One crafty woman came up with her inexpensive gift-wrapping hack after she had two birthdays coming up for four and six-year-old girls.

‘I really despise wrapping paper, so… I found these glittery cases at Kmart.’ she said, referring to $3 Kmart’s Small Glitter Storage Box - Assorted.

After buying two of the cases, she decided to put various odds and ends young girls would love inside.

‘I filled them with little items worth $1 to $5 such as hair accessories, touchable bubbles, colouring books, whoopie cushion, nail polish, fancy pens, and then topped it up with chocolate and lollies.’

But what about the total price?

‘All up each one costs about $30.’

Wow! Not bad, eh?

Sharing more about her decision, the woman explained that the last thing she wanted to give the kids was something they’d throw away at a moment’s notice.

She also hoped the kids would regift the cases if they decide not to use them!

Unsurprisingly, many applauded her cost-effective hack.

One person shared: ‘My two and six-year-olds love their “briefcases”, and even though we have had them (for) a year, they bring them out and play with them every weekend.’

‘My kids would love to receive something like this. Ignore the plastic police, you have done great,’ added another.

On that note, others didn’t appreciate how the ingenious gift hack used plastic glitter cases.

ezgif.com-gif-maker.png
Kmart’s Small Glitter Storage Box - Assorted is sold for $3.00 per case. Credit: Kmart

‘Surely that’s just more plastic to dispose of as you can’t guarantee that the people you gift (them) to will reuse it,’ one pointed out.

Another said: ‘Great thought, but not sure it’s any better than paper.’

Probably in response, other users offered their own budget-friendly gift-wrapping hacks Mother Nature would approve of.

‘I get the kids to decorate the brown paper bags from the supermarket and use them as gift bags,’ one parent shared.

‘We “wrapped” some gifts this year using swim bags from Kmart. Worked great!’ another user swore.

Key Takeaways

• A woman had people talking online after she shared her budget-friendly girt-wrapping hack using $3 glitter cases she found at Kmart.
  • She filled the cases with items two young girls whose birthday parties she would be attending would find wonderful.
  • Many expressed their awe at her craftiness in using the glitter cases.
  • But some were concerned that using a plastic case wasn't the most environmentally friendly way to do a gift wrap hack.
Who knew there were so many ways to get creative with gift wraps?

If you want more gift-wrapping stories, be sure to check out this unlikely $3 Kmart hack sure to help you out, especially with large-sized gifts.

You might also appreciate this mum’s technique for wrapping gifts that come in odd shapes too.

So, what is your reaction to this woman’s crafty gift idea? Is it something you see yourself doing, or do you also share concerns that it might not be the most environmentally friendly way to present gifts?

Tell us your thoughts and opinions below!

Source: YouTube/Mary Kay

Sponsored
I have found some trolls dreadful and hateful sadly. I have decided best now to ignore them completely
The other thing I find is men wanting to be your friend they look up your information. One told me Facebook put him on to me I was not impressed by that
I completely ignore the men I do not go on Facebook for a man friend I don’t need one and I won’t entertain them at all that is it
I don’t mean to be unkind but I’m not looking for a partner

Not sure I would have ever thought of using them as gift wraps (thank you God for those varied sized, pretty and very re-usable gift bags, readily found in every news agent, bottle-o and many other shops). I have, however, bought similar for myself to carry paperwork for a group I am involved in and to keep paperwork clean and separated along with my phone and iPad when out and about.

I buy books to inscribe, instead of birthday cards, for littles.
I started back when they cost about the same amount.

Reactions: JayKay and Ricci
I hate wrapping gifts. I buy reusable bags and I have also bought material gift wrap. Coffee mugs get wrapped in a tea towel. My grandchildren are adults and like the tea towel wrap. This year my twin great grandsons will be 17 months old and I am so excited for Christmas. I won’t wrap their smaller presents because I don’t think they understand the concept of opening them just yet. I don’t know why people have to be negative about people using plastic cases ,it is something that can be reused.

I love wrapping gifts! It’s part of the presentation, and there are some very creative wrapping ideas if you look for them. In years past when I was buying many more Christmas gifts than I do today, I used to love getting out the gifts and wrapping supplies and spending a lovely afternoon doing it all at once.

Reactions: Ricci and JayKay
Thinking of a present for someone is an ordeal in itself, especially if you’re the kind who wants the gift tailored to their recipient.

You might be the kind to spend hours on end browsing catalogues and websites just to find that perfect gift (that fits within your budget).

And then you find what you were looking for, and are so excited to see the smile on the recipient’s face.

Most of us would have no issue with wrapping stuff in fancy paper. That’s all there is to do, right?

But then, there are those of us who baulk at the thought of all that cutting and taping, because wrapping gifts is not as easy as it looks. It can be especially hard if the years have given you less steady hands than in your youth.

But what if we told you there was an easy way to give gifts with the ‘wrap’ doubling as a usable item?

View attachment 8904
The woman came up with a unique gift idea after a Kmart find. Credit: news.com.au/Facebook

One crafty woman came up with her inexpensive gift-wrapping hack after she had two birthdays coming up for four and six-year-old girls.

‘I really despise wrapping paper, so… I found these glittery cases at Kmart.’ she said, referring to $3 Kmart’s Small Glitter Storage Box - Assorted.

After buying two of the cases, she decided to put various odds and ends young girls would love inside.

‘I filled them with little items worth $1 to $5 such as hair accessories, touchable bubbles, colouring books, whoopie cushion, nail polish, fancy pens, and then topped it up with chocolate and lollies.’

Wow! Not bad, eh?

Sharing more about her decision, the woman explained that the last thing she wanted to give the kids was something they’d throw away at a moment’s notice.

One person shared: ‘My two and six-year-olds love their “briefcases”, and even though we have had them (for) a year, they bring them out and play with them every weekend.’

‘My kids would love to receive something like this. Ignore the plastic police, you have done great,’ added another.

On that note, others didn’t appreciate how the ingenious gift hack used plastic glitter cases.

View attachment 8905
Kmart’s Small Glitter Storage Box - Assorted is sold for $3.00 per case. Credit: Kmart

‘Surely that’s just more plastic to dispose of as you can’t guarantee that the people you gift (them) to will reuse it,’ one pointed out.

Probably in response, other users offered their own budget-friendly gift-wrapping hacks Mother Nature would approve of.

‘I get the kids to decorate the brown paper bags from the supermarket and use them as gift bags,’ one parent shared.

‘We “wrapped” some gifts this year using swim bags from Kmart. Worked great!’ another user swore.

Key Takeaways

• A woman had people talking online after she shared her budget-friendly girt-wrapping hack using $3 glitter cases she found at Kmart.
  • She filled the cases with items two young girls whose birthday parties she would be attending would find wonderful.
  • But some were concerned that using a plastic case wasn't the most environmentally friendly way to do a gift wrap hack.

If you want more gift-wrapping stories, be sure to check out this unlikely $3 Kmart hack sure to help you out, especially with large-sized gifts.

You might also appreciate this mum’s technique for wrapping gifts that come in odd shapes too.

So, what is your reaction to this woman’s crafty gift idea? Is it something you see yourself doing, or do you also share concerns that it might not be the most environmentally friendly way to present gifts?

When my kids were in kindy, school or home drawing I'd keep them as through the year id use them for gift wrapping for friends and family.

Reactions: Ricci

View attachment 8904

Wow! Not bad, eh?

View attachment 8905

Key Takeaways

I think some of these ideas are great if you have square boxes, I would bulk at the coffee cup as don't we have enough coffee cups nowadays.

If you have something that is not square though I would suggest we use some of those items that we commonly throw out such as cereal boxes or the rolls from cling wrap these could be cut up to hide handles etc. And used to help square a present up for easier wrapping.

Reactions: Ricci and SandyM

View attachment 8904

Wow! Not bad, eh?

View attachment 8905

Key Takeaways

This is an awesome idea ! I'm going to do something like that for my Grandson NIXON
thanks...