Members! It's (finally) time for another competition!

This month, we're looking for the best piece of advice you've ever received OR that you've given. Did your mum tell you to wash behind your ears or always eat your vegetables? Perhaps the advice was to be kind to strangers. We want to hear from you.

The top answer will win a $100 voucher to (your choice) of either Woolies, Coles, IGA or ALDI. We plan to run this competition until the end of October.

Happy writing! We can't wait to read all your wonderful advice!

View attachment 6270
Image Credit: Shutterstock
The best piece of advice l was given was by my late Mother who used to tell me"Treat yourself like you're your own best friend,not better than,not less than but just as equal as".l've tried to follow that advice throughout my life and pass it onto our 2daughters.

Reactions: Maddison Dwyer
When I started work at 15 , many many years ago , my mum said 1/3 savings account , 1/3 board and 1/3 spending money ! I have always remembered this advice and have always had money in the bank !

This month, we're looking for the best piece of advice you've ever received OR that you've given. Did your mum tell you to wash behind your ears or always eat your vegetables? Perhaps the advice was to be kind to strangers. We want to hear from you.

The top answer will win a $100 voucher to (your choice) of either Woolies, Coles, IGA or ALDI. We plan to run this competition until the end of October.

View attachment 6270
Volunteer for everything! This was the main thing in my worklife that saw me promoted so many times until I was running a Corporate Services branch in the Department of Finance. I put my hand up for everything that came up - best advice ever! I used to pass the advice on to all of my work colleagues too.

View attachment 6270
There are two ways to live life. To see the good side of a situation or the bad. Choose to be happy.

My father gave me this piece of advice.
If you are ever in a group that starts to argue on Politics or Religion . Stay clear of it and walk away.
Yvonne Rocque

My beautiful father used to tell my sister and I “Don’t put off till tomorrow what you can do today as you may enjoy what you did today and you can do it again tomorrow”.

The best piece of advice came from a counsellor we consulted about dealing with a family member addicted to heroine. The counsellor listed, step by step, every thing the family member would do due to the addiction and then gave the best piece of advice ever:. 'While you put food on the table and a roof over their head he/she will never have any incentive to stop what they are doing. Yes, the family member did EVERYTHING on the list and it wasn't until we got on a plane (to travel) and walked away leaving the family member to fend for themselves on the streets with only one meal a day and a hotel room if he chose to use it that he turned his life around for good by checking himself into rehab.