My advice to my children was..."For every action there is a reaction, so think about everything you do and the effect your actions will impact on those around you"
.and the other piece of advice I gave them was.....
"if you put it away when you have finished with it, you will never have to tidy up"

Members! It's (finally) time for another competition!

This month, we're looking for the best piece of advice you've ever received OR that you've given. Did your mum tell you to wash behind your ears or always eat your vegetables? Perhaps the advice was to be kind to strangers. We want to hear from you.

The top answer will win a $100 voucher to (your choice) of either Woolies, Coles, IGA or ALDI. We plan to run this competition until the end of October.

Happy writing! We can't wait to read all your wonderful advice!

This month, we're looking for the best piece of advice you've ever received OR that you've given. Did your mum tell you to wash behind your ears or always eat your vegetables? Perhaps the advice was to be kind to strangers. We want to hear from you.

The top answer will win a $100 voucher to (your choice) of either Woolies, Coles, IGA or ALDI. We plan to run this competition until the end of October.

View attachment 6270
Image Credit:

View attachment 6270
Image Credit: Shutterstock
Love who you are, look forward and not back, live your best life and have no regrets. Then you will know how amazing your world is.

Reactions: Maddison Dwyer
I think the advice from my mother to treat other people how I myself would like to be treated. That you never really know what someone else is going through until you can "walk a mile in their shoes"

if they walk behind you, lead and protect them. If they walk beside you, honour and join them. If they walk in front of you, follow but be aware. If they walk at you, stand and watch their eyes!

View attachment 6270
If you can't say anything nice about someone... don't say anything at all

View attachment 6270
Always take the positive attitude - look for the positives in any situation whether negative or either.

View attachment 6270
When extracting a tooth, let the tooth tell (indicate to) you which way it wants to come out.

This advice would SAVE HUNDREDS OF LIVES (or injuries).
People are like sheep when walking along a road that has no footpath.
An extremely high percent, walk in the same direction as the traffic.
This means they have their back to the vehicles.
If they walked on the opposite side, they would be facing the oncoming cars, and could easily take evasive action.

“If you don’t stand for something, you will fall for anything”
My Father-in-law would tell us, which has then been passed on to the Grandchildren!!

View attachment 6270
By an older male work mate when I was sixteen years of age, "Never let your heart rule your head".....That has proven so true to me during my life

Do what you can , while you can . Because there will come a time when you CAN‘T. Best advice I was told by so many different aged residents .

View attachment 6270
When I left home, my father said to me you are always welcome, but don't live on my doorstep.