'Best piece of advice' competition - Share your best advice and you could win $100

Members! It's (finally) time for another competition!

This month, we're looking for the best piece of advice you've ever received OR that you've given. Did your mum tell you to wash behind your ears or always eat your vegetables? Perhaps the advice was to be kind to strangers. We want to hear from you.

The top answer will win a $100 voucher to (your choice) of either Woolies, Coles, IGA or ALDI. We plan to run this competition until the end of October.

Happy writing! We can't wait to read all your wonderful advice!

View attachment 6270
Image Credit: Shutterstock
Don't do your shoelaces up n a revolving door.

Reactions: Maddison Dwyer
'Best piece of advice' competition - Share your best advice and you could win $100

This month, we're looking for the best piece of advice you've ever received OR that you've given. Did your mum tell you to wash behind your ears or always eat your vegetables? Perhaps the advice was to be kind to strangers. We want to hear from you.

The top answer will win a $100 voucher to (your choice) of either Woolies, Coles, IGA or ALDI. We plan to run this competition until the end of October.

View attachment 6270
Always listen before acting out

My wonderful father said to me - when I first got mMy driver’s licence many years ago - ‘Always be aware of - and watch - the other fellas on the road’. Simple, but oh so true,

52years Ago I moved to Victoria to study. My father said, “ don't get involved involved with Victorian football. Its an another religion!”
He was right.

Best piece of advice my beautiful Mum gave me when you may experience trauma/drama in one’s life is to
“Treasure the memories and move forward”
Wow I have taken that advice often. Thanks Mum🙏
Regards Julie Brown

where is the results for this? What WAS the best piece of advice? And why? How was it judged? by the` amount of 'likes'? What was the top 10? where do I find these answers?

The result of the competition was announced in our yesterday (Tuesday) morning newsletter to a very worthy entry.
Congratulations to Dizzylssy.
Below is part of the announcement:
Screenshot_20221102-103440.png

Last edited:
My beautiful father used to tell my sister and I “Don’t put off till tomorrow what you can do today as you may enjoy what you did today and you can do it again tomorrow”.
My mother used to say “never do today the things you can put off until tomorrow because tomorrow they might not need doing” 😂😂😂

I have a saying on my wall that says -
Don't give up what you want most
for what you want now.
My Granddaughter is saving for a car, but there is always a new pair of shoes or piece of clothing she really must have !!

View attachment 6270
There are many but one I remember was
Always respect your elders

Here is a piece of advice that I can give right now. If you have purchased Porterhouse Steak from ALDI, the one they are advertising that they can cut with a butter knife.... please save yourself the time and effort, dont cook it and definitely Do Not try to eat it! The WORST piece of meat I have tried to eat in the last 20 years! It is mainly gristle and fat and if you cut down to something that resembles meat, you can chew and chew but you will not get flavour! I even cracked my denture trying to bite into a sandwich made from this .... after it was pounded with a mallet.... the other 2 pieces in the pack kept the dog amused for a while trying to chew it down to a size that he could swallow... and he is a 60kg Mastiff! From now on I will stick to just buying fold up camp chairs from ALDI..... when they break they will probably be better to cook than their porterhouse Steak! Never Again! the best advice I can give you this week!
I will buy no food from Aldi after far too many dreadful discoveries - mouldy chocolates which I had bought in a gift box to give to a friend; creepy crawly with lots of legs in a packaged lettuce mixture and steak which when I got home and opened up , discovered it was green on the underside. NEVER EVER ALDI AGAIN.

If you haven't got something nice to say, then keep your mouth shut.