mine has nothing to do with money, food but costs nothing. My favourite thing is someone's REAL smile like the young lady I met this morning on my way to IGA. Ella stopped when I thanke d her for her beautiful smile and we actually chatted for about half an hour while I fed bread to the fish, turtles, etc in the water under the bridge, in the creek

My partner and I loved baked beans on toast now and then but the decent brands are expensive. So instead of buying those I buy tins of the really dirt cheap baked beans, last time I brought some in bulk they were 65 cents a tin.
But they're not very tasty and they're quite runny.
So what I do is buy a cheap bottle of Worcestershire sauce, they are half the price of the name brands and will last you a very long time.
I also buy a small block of 'real' butter, again the cheapest.
When I open the beans to pour them into the saucepan I drain a bit of the liquid out then put a few shakes of the Worcestershire and a few dollops of real butter into the pan with the beans, I heat up, make the toast and sit and enjoy baked beans that are every bit as good as the Ham or the Bbq ones, for half the price!!

I really luv spudshed for all the exotic items and condiments you can't get elsewhere. I usually shop spudshed every few months and stock up on any unusual condits and selected spice mixes, sambals, marinated seaweed, great stuff....things you just can't get anywhere else where I live so spudsheds a blessing..specialty stores are a rare breed up my way. Then it's aldi for the front line shop goodies all cans are really much cheaper here and much cheaper staple dry stuff and packets ..i generally buy my meat at aldi not bad quality really good price , even now still a bit cheaper than the giants. They have decent dog meat too which i cook. Then finally off to the one or both of the giants depending on what I need this week or fortnight. I really save a lot this way and I enjoy each store for different reasons and products so seriously never gets boring.I also incorporate a dog walk wherever I go so doing these all together or on separate days is easy as I take my GS boy with me everywhere to give him at least 4 days out a week depending on temperature of course.. hope this help someone. It makes my shopping life much more interesting and add a little fitness for almost free..and of course my dog Loki loves not being left at home.

I really luv spudshed for all the exotic items and condiments you can't get elsewhere. I usually shop spudshed every few months and stock up on any unusual condits and selected spice mixes, sambals, marinated seaweed, great stuff....things you just can't get anywhere else where I live so spudsheds a blessing..specialty stores are a rare breed up my way. Then it's aldi for the front line shop goodies all cans are really much cheaper here and much cheaper staple dry stuff and packets ..i generally buy my meat at aldi not bad quality really good price , even now still a bit cheaper than the giants. They have decent dog meat too which i cook. Then finally off to the one or both of the giants depending on what I need this week or fortnight. I really save a lot this way and I enjoy each store for different reasons and products so seriously never gets boring.I also incorporate a dog walk wherever I go so doing these all together or on separate days is easy as I take my GS boy with me everywhere to give him at least 4 days out a week depending on temperature of course.. hope this help someone. It makes my shopping life much more interesting and add a little fitness for almost free..and of course my dog Loki loves not being left at home.
sounds interesting but obviously not in Bundaberg.

Laundry powder Vanish is sold in Woolies and Coles for $17+. Go to the Reject Shop and you can buy for $10.75. Only difference on the container is that the smaller writing on the container is in another language. That’s a $7 saving!

My partner and I loved baked beans on toast now and then but the decent brands are expensive. So instead of buying those I buy tins of the really dirt cheap baked beans, last time I brought some in bulk they were 65 cents a tin.
But they're not very tasty and they're quite runny.
So what I do is buy a cheap bottle of Worcestershire sauce, they are half the price of the name brands and will last you a very long time.
I also buy a small block of 'real' butter, again the cheapest.
When I open the beans to pour them into the saucepan I drain a bit of the liquid out then put a few shakes of the Worcestershire and a few dollops of real butter into the pan with the beans, I heat up, make the toast and sit and enjoy baked beans that are every bit as good as the Ham or the Bbq ones, for half the price!!
Add some cheese. Yum 😋

Reactions: deni67
Aldi - Lazzio Dark Coffee beans for $11.99 per kilo - love the taste
Aldi - Butterfully 500g butter - $4.99 - love the flavour
Aldi - Pet diced meat (kangaroo and beef) $4.99 for 600g - dog loves it

Woolies have 10x the points once a month on your shop if you have the Everyday car insurance

Reactions: deni67
The best buy I have had was at the end of last winter. I walked into Kmart early one morning and they had a rack of mark downs. I got a zippered full length padded black coat with hood for the princely sum of two dollars. Yes, two dollar. Original cost on ticket was fifty five dollars.

Reactions: millicent haha
$14 for 1kg of kangaroo mince, I don't think this is good value for pet meat.I recently had my two Tibetan spaniels at the vet for their yearly health check and was complimented on their condition and good health.
I buy the pet meat trays from ALDI, diced beef (can also include some kangaroo).
These are $4.90 for 600gms, so for $14.70 I get 1.8kgs, almost half the price of the kangaroo mince.
They also have these pet meat trays in Coles and Woolies but considerably dearer at $6, but still cheaper than the kangaroo mince.

In Grafton recently, visiting my family, my daughter in-law took me op shopping, which she loves to do.
I got two absolute bargains.
Two tops that were brand new, still had the price tags in.
Both were from WLane.
One which had the original label for $79.95 cost me $2 and the other which was originally $129.95 cost me $5. Never see bargains like that here in WA.
Also, in Rockmans, I got a lovely jumper priced at $89.95 for $5.
All I had to do was make another purchase, so I bought
a top for $20 marked down from $49.95, so almost $140 cost me only $25, absolute bargains.

Reactions: June E
It's hard to find a bargain these days to be honest, as I remember back 20 years ago I used to shop at BuyLo where you could get a medium Roast for 6.95 but these days they are all above 20 dollars and sadly all I can afford is can food and these never any bargains there so sorry to say but I can't find any bargains to recommend other than the best can food to eat is braise stake and onion so if your struggling to survive like I am them that's my go to food as it's always cheap at $2 a can.
I love bs&o on toast for breakfast and use it to make small pies or stews sometimes adding mixed veg. Maybe you could buy meat for roasting plus veg and freeze individual meals. I've lived like this for well over 30 years. For EG leg of lamb will give at least 4 meals plus more over for sandwiches...you can freeze this too.