Best budget buy is Coles 1kg home brand Greek Yoghurt for $4.40, great with fruit, in smoothies, in different cooking dishes & just straight from container! Great Value & Great Taste!👅Try it!🥣😋😛

My way of saving heaps on our groceries is to sit down with the Woolworths/ Coles and Aldi catalogs every week and cherry pick the things we need from each. We are fortunate to have all three in walking distance and I have savings of up to $100 a week by using this method. Go me!!

Reactions: DLHM
My way of saving heaps on our groceries is to sit down with the Woolworths/ Coles and Aldi catalogs every week and cherry pick the things we need from each. We are fortunate to have all three in walking distance and I have savings of up to $100 a week by using this method. Go me!!
I do exactly the same, also go to Spudshed. When things are half price I buy enough to last until the next time they are half price, usually 6 to 8 weeks. I'm lucky enough to have two very large pantries. Friends say I've got my own shop, lol. I hardly ever pay full price for anything.

Reactions: DLHM
Coles 420 g can of Cannelini Beans $1. Make your own baked beans with tomato kechup, water, garlic and onion powder, add chilli flakes if liked. (rinse beans first) Thicken with cornflour and water paste. A cheap healthy alternative.

I buy woolies own brand stuffing mix, which I use when making sausage rolls, instead of using bread crumbs to bind I use the stuffing mix, it ads flavour as well as being a bread crumbs substitute, at a very small price, everyone in my family has started doing this as the flavour is amazing

Aldi special buy Bow Wow 10pk pigs ear currently advertised for $17.99, but scanned for $12.99 at my local Aldi.
Huge bargain. Even $17.99 is a great price. $12.99 is madness.
Stock up🐾💰

IMG_6529.jpeg
These oats sold at IGA supermarkets are $6.00 for 1 kg. Cooked traditionally in a saucepan or zapped for 70 seconds in a microwave, delicious and creamy. And make fantastic Anzac bickies too!

Organic tomatoes, marked down to 98C per punnet. Don`t need to be placed in the Fridge,(tomatoes shouldn`t be in the Fridge). Last lot I bought at mark down, lasted 10 days. So sprays or aren`t GMO tomatoes.

Aldi Boneless Butterflied Chicken. Spiced Mango is a whole Chicken & at only $9.99 is a bargain, I put it in my slow cooker on low for 8 hours, in the last hour I add 1 can of coconut cream costs under $2. So you have a really lovely tasty meal for four people for only under $12. Serve with Basmati rice. I like to cook it on low but you could cook it on high for 4 hours.

Aldi Boneless Butterflied Chicken. Spiced Mango is a whole Chicken & at only $9.99 is a bargain, I put it in my slow cooker on low for 8 hours, in the last hour I add 1 can of coconut cream costs under $2. So you have a really lovely tasty meal for four people for only under $12. Serve with Basmati rice. I like to cook it on low but you could cook it on high for 4 hours.
I had the same for tea last night, yummy.

Woolworths Essentials Pancake & Pikelet mix is a great bargain. Make sweet pikelets served with jam, veggie fritters or crepes. Makes 10+ pancakes for $1.20 per pack. Delicious!!

Woolworths secret burger sauce. Coles have one as well and also a vegan one which also tastes great. Making burgers at home with the great taste of these sauces at a fraction of the price of buying take away burgers is a winner for me 😊Does anyone remember how much maccas were charging for their secret sauce? A lot more than the local supermarket.🍔🍔🍔🍔

Last edited:
Just in time for Easter, Fresh and Save have 3kg of frozen cooked Australian Tiger Prawns for $29.99

For those on their own, or for a couple, Aldi sells frozen Beef Lasagne as well as frozen macaroni and cheese for under $4 each. About 6 minutes heating in microwave. We add a few steamed vegetables with the lasagne & a slice of flaked salmon to the mac n cheese (also from Aldi in 1kg packs - individually wrapped & usually 7-8 slices @ $28). One pack, divided between both of us, of lasagne or mac n cheese, with a piece or two of fruit each is enough for lunch with a sandwich each for dinner - (egg or cereal for breakfast and a cup of coffee for afternoon tea). This is enough to satisfy us. We don’t feel hungry very often or eat junk food and don’t eat this all the time but it makes a change when I don’t have time to cook.

Coles Laundry Detergent is the best buy ever at $2 for 2L, does an excellent job and goes a long way. Why spend a fortune on expensive branded laundry detergents. Also Coles Eucalyptus Wool wash an excellent buy at $4 for 2L.