Aussie store unveils irresistible Lotus Biscoff Easter Eggs—but the cost might shock you

Easter is a time for indulgence, and for those with a sweet tooth, it's an opportunity to savour the myriad of chocolate treats that hit the shelves.

But for foodies who are always on the lookout for something unique and exquisite, the latest buzz is all about the Lotus Biscoff Easter eggs, a rare find that's causing quite the stir among Australian confectionery aficionados.

These aren't your average Easter eggs. The Lotus Biscoff-Filled Chocolate Eggs are a gourmet delight, combining the rich, creamy texture of chocolate with the distinctive caramelised flavour of Lotus Biscoff spread.

Each egg is a small piece of heaven, with Biscoff caramel and crunchy bits enveloped in a smooth chocolate shell.

Screenshot 2024-03-21 123250.png
An Aussie store sells Lotus Biscoff Easter Eggs.Image source: Belgicastore.com

The catch? They're only available at Bruce Super Convenience in Canberra, and they come with a price tag that might make your wallet wince—$39.99 for a 250g bag of these mini eggs.

Why such a steep price, you ask? Well, these eggs are express shipped all the way from Belgium, making them a premium product with limited availability.

Dejan, the owner of Bruce Super Convenience, has shared that the profit margins on these eggs are quite slim due to the high cost of shipping and their status as a luxury item in Europe.

Despite the cost, the demand for these Biscoff Easter eggs is through the roof.

Dejan revealed that the chocolates sold out on the very evening he received his last shipment on March 7. But for those who missed out, there's a glimmer of hope—he's hinted that more may be on their way for those eager to get a taste of this exclusive Easter treat.

The eggs come in two varieties—milk chocolate and white chocolate—or a mix of both, catering to different preferences.

Melbourne food blogger and podcaster Nectro Vlangos, known as @nectoriouspapi online, had the chance to sample both types.

His verdict? They're worth every penny.

Screenshot 2024-03-21 123121.png
Nectro tried varieties of the chocolate. Image source: @nectoriouspapi/Instagram

'They're both amazing, and I wouldn't complain with either of them, but if I had to pick one, it's definitely the white,' he said, leaving his followers drooling and desperate to try them.

The excitement around these Biscoff Easter eggs is palpable on social media, with comments ranging from 'We are on the hunt!' to 'Take my money!'.

It's clear that for many, the allure of these eggs is irresistible, even with the hefty price tag.

For those who can't make it to Canberra, there's good news—Bruce Super Convenience also offers these coveted eggs online.

The next batch is set to be available from Thursday, March 21, from 6pm AEDT.

So, dear members, if you're looking to treat yourself or a loved one this Easter with something truly special, and you're willing to splurge a little, these Lotus Biscoff Easter eggs might just be the perfect choice.

Just remember to enjoy them in moderation—after all, we want to keep our health in check even as we indulge in these seasonal delights.

You can watch Nectro’s video here:

Source: @nectoriouspapi/Instagram​

Key Takeaways
  • Bruce Super Convenience in Canberra is the only store in Australia stocking Lotus Biscoff-Filled Chocolate Eggs.
  • The Easter eggs are sold at a high price of $39.99 for a 250g bag due to being shipped express from Belgium.
  • Despite the cost, foodies are eager to purchase the eggs, with the product selling out quickly upon restock.
  • The store owner mentioned a small profit margin on the Biscoff eggs and hinted at the possibility of more stock arriving for eager customers.
Have any of you had the chance to try these Biscoff Easter eggs, or are you planning to? Or perhaps you have another unique Easter treat that you're looking forward to this year? Share your thoughts and experiences in the comments below!

Reactions: Littleboy8
Sponsored
Yeah,I’ll stick to my smartie filled Cadbury,thanks. At $3.95 each,I might even have TWO!
I’m never eating cadbury choco again after they admitted to using palm oil destroying orangutans habitat and contributing money to overseas wars.👎I’m currently looking for an alternative friendlier chocolate.😊

Reactions: 52-KID and Ingot
Retailers would never share their margins even if you asked. Howabout Bakers Delight with their choc chip hot cross buns. $9 a pack of 6. ...a buck 50 per bun...but they are pretty good if you put them in the microwave for 15 seconds.

I don't really get it! I can buy 2 x 380g jars of crunchy Biscoff spread (total 760g) on ebay for just under $20 from retailers right here in Australia. Same stuff, just not inside a chocky egg. So then I can go to Aldi and buy a selection of Belgian chocolate bars totalling another 240g, spread the Biscoff on top wafer style, and get the same amazing taste, no? ... a whole kilo of the same taste for around $25-$30 total instead of $40 for a 240g packet of eggs. I know which way I would go, lol ;)

Reactions: Ingot
I don't really get it! I can buy 2 x 380g jars of crunchy Biscoff spread (total 760g) on ebay for just under $20 from retailers right here in Australia. Same stuff, just not inside a chocky egg. So then I can go to Aldi and buy a selection of Belgian chocolate bars totalling another 240g, spread the Biscoff on top wafer style, and get the same amazing taste, no? ... a whole kilo of the same taste for around $25-$30 total instead of $40 for a 240g packet of eggs. I know which way I would go, lol ;)
I buy a bar of Snack chocolate and pretend it's a box of Roses Choccies.
That's my Easter treat - who could afford these (nice) belgium choccies @$160/kg?

If you have one left over, you can email it to me, with thanks! :)

I can understand the obsession of those who want these, wish I could afford to buy them. Totally obsessed with Biscoff biscuits, got my first taste of them a few months ago and now can't get enough of them. Have discovered Biscoff spread as well, YUM. Going to make a Biscoff Cheesecake for my family this Easter.