When nursing a terminally ill family member, I drove into the local shopping centre car park, planning to use the designated disabled parking, for which we had the correct card to display on the dashboard. As I approached the spot, a young fellow in a work utility accelerated past and swerved into the spot. I had no joy trying to have him park elsewhere; all I got in return was foul-mouthed abuse, all of this in earshot of the patrons of an adjacent cafe. He just walked away “to pick up his lunch”.
I quietly parked behind him; with the protective bollards along the footpath in front of him, he had nowhere to go.
I slowly lifted the patient’s wheelchair out of the trunk of the car, placed the guide wheels and the foot pads onto the chair and placed it near the passenger door of our car. I then got our empty shopping bags out of the boot and hung them on the wheelchair. By this stage the guy was becoming quite agitated, and loud.
We then slowly got the ill family member out of the car and into the wheelchair, covered her legs with a rug, and generally move with absolutely no haste. I then wheeled her to the covered area of the footpath next to a cafe patron who offered to stay with her while I moved my car.
By this stage the guy was trying to convince me that he was going to lose his job if he couldn’t get back to work. At the same time, the cafe patrons had begun to ‘slow clap’ his antics. I took as long as possible to suggest that he not do this again - that there is actually a real reason for designated disability parking bays - and that the crowd watching would possibly always remember what a rude, belligerent person it is that drives that particular vehicle.
Then, I moved back so he could leave, then parked where he had been.
A most satisfying process.
If it is possible get a security person to come out, they can and do sort it out, I have seen this thing happen a few times.

When nursing a terminally ill family member, I drove into the local shopping centre car park, planning to use the designated disabled parking, for which we had the correct card to display on the dashboard. As I approached the spot, a young fellow in a work utility accelerated past and swerved into the spot. I had no joy trying to have him park elsewhere; all I got in return was foul-mouthed abuse, all of this in earshot of the patrons of an adjacent cafe. He just walked away “to pick up his lunch”.
I quietly parked behind him; with the protective bollards along the footpath in front of him, he had nowhere to go.
I slowly lifted the patient’s wheelchair out of the trunk of the car, placed the guide wheels and the foot pads onto the chair and placed it near the passenger door of our car. I then got our empty shopping bags out of the boot and hung them on the wheelchair. By this stage the guy was becoming quite agitated, and loud.
We then slowly got the ill family member out of the car and into the wheelchair, covered her legs with a rug, and generally move with absolutely no haste. I then wheeled her to the covered area of the footpath next to a cafe patron who offered to stay with her while I moved my car.
By this stage the guy was trying to convince me that he was going to lose his job if he couldn’t get back to work. At the same time, the cafe patrons had begun to ‘slow clap’ his antics. I took as long as possible to suggest that he not do this again - that there is actually a real reason for designated disability parking bays - and that the crowd watching would possibly always remember what a rude, belligerent person it is that drives that particular vehicle.
Then, I moved back so he could leave, then parked where he had been.
A most satisfying process.
Well done!

If it is possible get a security person to come out, they can and do sort it out, I have seen this thing happen a few times.
I guess it depends on the shopping centre policy and/or the security guard's attitude - same thing happened to me at our local shopping centre. But when I complained, the security guard shrugged it off and said that the management would not follow through with a complaint as they did not want to alienate any shopping centre patrons. Not sure if he was just too lazy to deal with it. Back then, I was too timid to make a fuss. However, now that I have more confidence, I would not hesitate to be more persistent with my complaint if it happened today.

Reactions: Suzanne rose
It is annoying when a driver takes up 2 spaces but I would never put trolleys around the car this could be a hazard to other cars or could damage the culprits car, even though they did an annoying thing no one deserves their car damaged.
Imagine if they had to leave the car in a hurry for an emergency.

Tapping a letter could remove paint. I would leave a letter under their windscreen wiper saying :

To The owner of this car.

Hopefully everything is OK, if it is and you just parked this way then please be more considerate Of others
Regards
The crippled person who missed out on the parking next to you

I was always taught 2 wrongs don't make a right
a piece of tape is not going to remove any paint from the vehicle unless its had the worse paint job ever, Inconsiderate drivers need to taught a lesson or they will continue with their bad habits, Damaging the offending vehicle I do not agree on but the driver must pay, So letting the air OUT of the tyres (all 4) but not puncturing them or wrapping said car in glad wrap or toilet paper would suffice in delaying them and Maybe, only Maybe it would wake them up to actually do the right thing in the future.

Reactions: Cool Lynda
a piece of tape is not going to remove any paint from the vehicle unless its had the worse paint job ever, Inconsiderate drivers need to taught a lesson or they will continue with their bad habits, Damaging the offending vehicle I do not agree on but the driver must pay, So letting the air OUT of the tyres (all 4) but not puncturing them or wrapping said car in glad wrap or toilet paper would suffice in delaying them and Maybe, only Maybe it would wake them up to actually do the right thing in the future.
I think for someone to retaliate like that is worst than the person taking up 2 car spaces.
I'm a believer that karma will get those that wrong others.
A person does not need to lower themselves to that level.
What your suggesting is actually a crime and you could be arrested. Parking in 2 spaces at the very most a fine

I think for someone to retaliate like that is worst than the person taking up 2 car spaces.
What your suggesting is actually a crime and you could be arrested. Parking in 2 spaces at the very most a fine
so be it, just like all the HOT air coming out of politicians mouths

It is annoying when a driver takes up 2 spaces but I would never put trolleys around the car this could be a hazard to other cars or could damage the culprits car, even though they did an annoying thing no one deserves their car damaged.
Imagine if they had to leave the car in a hurry for an emergency.

Tapping a letter could remove paint. I would leave a letter under their windscreen wiper saying :

To The owner of this car.

Hopefully everything is OK, if it is and you just parked this way then please be more considerate Of others
Regards
The crippled person who missed out on the parking next to you

I was always taught 2 wrongs don't make a right
You went to the wrong school

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: Tipsy and Ricci
whatever one does to someone else's car is illegal
wrapping toilet paper or glad-wrap is also illegal
leaving a note (piece of paper) is classified as"littering" and as such is incurs a fine
nowadays the law "protects" the arrogant and inconsiderate drivers

• Sad
Reactions: JayKay and Ricci
I would be a little more nasty than a note and if caught get into trouble But !!! ... I would let the air out of 2 tyres nothing less
I remember my father doing that once when I was a child. We went to a shopping centre which was crowded and there were no spaces left. My father patiently waited for someone who was leaving and was sitting there, with his indicator on, to show that he was going into that space. Suddenly, a woman zipped around the corner and stole the space that he had obviously been waiting for. As she did so, she flipped him off, which demonstrated that she did it on purpose and knew exactly what she was doing. After she left to do her shopping, and we managed to find another spot, Dad strolled over there and, after checking no-one was looking (this was in the days before there were cameras everywhere), he inserted a match down the valve of the tyre to deflate it. My dad was a quiet, placid man but look out if you tried to screw him over. She came back to four flat tyres. Karma's a witch.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: Tipsy and Ricci