Allison Langdon draws flak from her Today co-host after 'flirting' on live TV: 'Be more respectful, please'

Alison Langdon, one of the hosts of Today, received light-hearted teasing from her co-host Karl Stefanovic for a 'disrespectful' remark she made during an interview outside Buckingham Palace.

The morning show hosts were broadcasting from London following the passing of the Queen, and during that time, they were conducting an interview with a former royal protection officer, Simon Morgan.

The topic of discussion was the level of danger posed by terrorists during the funeral of the Queen.

However, when Ally said something flirtatious and off-topic to the officer during the interview, the conversation quickly veered off subject and became rather confusing.

'Did I tell you you're very handsome?' the morning show host said to Mr Morgan, and the two of them chuckled at the compliment. The former royal officer responded by saying that he naturally had a face for radio.

jv_1lstib-DM_2iXzOZHTKEzI1X2WEpmAkweI7bH8owwwEbF0u3MkOZ2v8MXsRX9F6Iy4PMsM4NDaVwl2MEZBtEpLYNan_90wgGOMszKXwhHUsgH0bcQcSuTbL437N0SltF5TzfKW3iT4NC1FA4F5oeuzVCO5McPZ7l8E51tMQztd3NH7pZzrRAfag

Karl shifted uneasily in his seat as Ally 'flirted' with Mr Morgan. Credit: Channel Nine.

Karl moved uneasily in his seat as the two continued to smile and laugh at one another, and then he took a jab at his co-host. 'I am watching you guys flirt, that is torture, in front of the nation,' he said.

'Be more respectful, please; it is disgusting,' he added jokingly as the pair continued to giggle.

While it's not uncommon for the hosts of Today to make jokes about each other, this isn't the first time Ally has garnered notice for doing something seemingly out of character.

Earlier this month, she also surprised viewers when she abruptly left the show mid-air, explaining that she was feeling unwell. 'I am actually going to take off this morning. I feel a little bit wobbly,' she said to her co-host.

'I would have stayed home, but it didn't hit until I arrived for work. Best for everybody, and have a great show!' The host then got up from her seat and left the studio, joking on her way out that she would be watching the show later on from her own couch and that she would be 'sending notes' from there.

Vubx2bugdoXM79iRc8TV0ZZz_GWESaB2jMqHuEmb3W1RVKriCFocWH0pbeL3d-LsdMBVtBO8b2gpviFDxxQpVucPzW2Rh-9yvimBAapeb6SXp0mHf0QEO6gpLHLXCnQ4yJZ071H3sJ7PEmyrz3VQVRylEBInXhIRYwVWD3RNdyQQLm2iiWNK-4leEQ

The morning show hosts have been known to joke around and poke fun at each other. Credit: Channel Nine.

And then there's also Karl, who is always up to his usual antics and cutting remarks. Just last month, he poked fun at Meghan Markle by stating he had no sympathy for her after she revealed that she had been shaken by a fire in the nursery where her son Archie was being looked after.

What do you think about this story, folks? Did you find Ally's remark to be genuinely funny? Or do you feel she should have shown more decorum, given that the interview was about the Queen's funeral? Leave a comment below and let us know!

Sponsored
Alison Langdon, one of the hosts of Today, received light-hearted teasing from her co-host Karl Stefanovic for a 'disrespectful' remark she made during an interview outside Buckingham Palace.

The morning show hosts were broadcasting from London following the passing of the Queen, and during that time, they were conducting an interview with a former royal protection officer, Simon Morgan.

The topic of discussion was the level of danger posed by terrorists during the funeral of the Queen.

However, when Ally said something flirtatious and off-topic to the officer during the interview, the conversation quickly veered off subject and became rather confusing.

'Did I tell you you're very handsome?' the morning show host said to Mr Morgan, and the two of them chuckled at the compliment. The former royal officer responded by saying that he naturally had a face for radio.

jv_1lstib-DM_2iXzOZHTKEzI1X2WEpmAkweI7bH8owwwEbF0u3MkOZ2v8MXsRX9F6Iy4PMsM4NDaVwl2MEZBtEpLYNan_90wgGOMszKXwhHUsgH0bcQcSuTbL437N0SltF5TzfKW3iT4NC1FA4F5oeuzVCO5McPZ7l8E51tMQztd3NH7pZzrRAfag

Karl shifted uneasily in his seat as Ally 'flirted' with Mr Morgan. Credit: Channel Nine.

Karl moved uneasily in his seat as the two continued to smile and laugh at one another, and then he took a jab at his co-host. 'I am watching you guys flirt, that is torture, in front of the nation,' he said.

'Be more respectful, please; it is disgusting,' he added jokingly as the pair continued to giggle.

While it's not uncommon for the hosts of Today to make jokes about each other, this isn't the first time Ally has garnered notice for doing something seemingly out of character.

Earlier this month, she also surprised viewers when she abruptly left the show mid-air, explaining that she was feeling unwell. 'I am actually going to take off this morning. I feel a little bit wobbly,' she said to her co-host.

'I would have stayed home, but it didn't hit until I arrived for work. Best for everybody, and have a great show!' The host then got up from her seat and left the studio, joking on her way out that she would be watching the show later on from her own couch and that she would be 'sending notes' from there.

Vubx2bugdoXM79iRc8TV0ZZz_GWESaB2jMqHuEmb3W1RVKriCFocWH0pbeL3d-LsdMBVtBO8b2gpviFDxxQpVucPzW2Rh-9yvimBAapeb6SXp0mHf0QEO6gpLHLXCnQ4yJZ071H3sJ7PEmyrz3VQVRylEBInXhIRYwVWD3RNdyQQLm2iiWNK-4leEQ

The morning show hosts have been known to joke around and poke fun at each other. Credit: Channel Nine.

And then there's also Karl, who is always up to his usual antics and cutting remarks. Just last month, he poked fun at Meghan Markle by stating he had no sympathy for her after she revealed that she had been shaken by a fire in the nursery where her son Archie was being looked after.

What do you think about this story, folks? Did you find Ally's remark to be genuinely funny? Or do you feel she should have shown more decorum, given that the interview was about the Queen's funeral? Leave a comment below and let us know!
She is a true blonde dumb as they come

What a load of "Old Crock" Karl does this all the time, so he was simply kidding along... Grow up people.. a light hearted moment never hurt anybody...When can we start acting like adults instead of pretending we are offended by every small comment...

What a load of "Old Crock" Karl does this all the time, so he was simply kidding along... Grow up people.. a light hearted moment never hurt anybody...When can we start acting like adults instead of pretending we are offended by every small comment...
I agree but you have to admit there is a time and a place and this instance was neither.

Funny how the rules are different for males. A little harmless light relief after 24/7 funeral interviews. I'm sure the Queen would not have objected. She may have even agreed with Ally. After all we are only human. And no disrespect was shown to anyone.

Funny how the rules are different for males. A little harmless light relief after 24/7 funeral interviews. I'm sure the Queen would not have objected. She may have even agreed with Ally. After all we are only human. And no disrespect was shown to anyone.

Reactions: Mrs P
As often happens, the context of Allison Langdon's comment was left out... Karl had just finished asking Simon Morgan how, in his former role as protection officer for the RF, he would take Karl out if he was judged to be a threat. Simon answered 'In a second' with a very straight face. That is why Ally was 'frightened' enough to respond (in jest) the way she did. Karl as usual made way too much of it for the cameras and as usual, injected his own level of smut.

Reactions: Marj53 and Ian1

Personally I really like Ally (admit to a bit of a crush actually!), so anything about her is ok by me. While the occasion of the Queen’s death is solemn, surely a little light-hearted moment won’t hurt anybody. Lighten up Karl! It’s not as though you’re perfect!

Reporters used to do just that, but now even the news has to be a show with the ' personality' the main topic instead of the actual news item.

Reactions: Ezzy and Marj53
Disrespectful when the moment of solemnity is the news of the moment, but then, what can you expect from people who get away with their own stupidity by doing the show their way! I'd love to see a new partnership the few times I've watched the program.

Reactions: Marj53

Yeah I’ll k her remarks we’re definitely out of place but Karl thinking he should make a comment to her…really…thus from Mr Inappropriate/ Foot - in-the-mouth?!?!?!

Reactions: Marj53 and Ezzy

Not at all impressed. Some hosts believe their lives are more import than the actual 'news'. It would never happen years ago. There was 'built in respect' then. I have no doubt that retired TV presenters and journalists would have been squirming in their seats; I know I did.

Reactions: Marj53 and Ezzy

Yes, bad timing l think but she may have had one of those flirtatious thoughts & forgot herself. No harm intended I'm sure & possibly felt embarrassed afterwards. There again if she thought, a handsome man in another country could be a good night out .......