Ally Langdon abruptly leaves Today mid-show – would you have done the same?

We’ve previously talked about television personalities making hilarious blunders on-air but this time around, one co-host’s hasty exit left tongues wagging.

Today co-host Ally Langdon announced that she needed to leave the show mid-air on Monday morning after feeling unwell.

Shortly after the 7:30 am news bulletin, Ms Langdon told her co-host Karl Stefanovic that she needed to leave.

‘I am actually going to take off this morning. I feel a little bit wobbly.’ she said, looking pale. She then explained that she started to feel unwell but didn’t want to leave her co-host ‘in the lurch’.

‘I didn’t notice, because you are wobbly a lot on a Monday morning!’ her co-host teased.

‘I would have stayed home, but it didn’t hit until I arrived for work. Best for everybody, and have a great show!’ she said before rising from her seat and walking out of the frame. Ms Langdon also joked that she’d be watching from home and ‘sending notes’.

‘Whatever she has, I hope I don’t get.’ said Mr Stefanovic.

PEt2S2dVBLXbTIrFkdtC_0pSTvgsH_XKqf7B2qicigKBjUvqBTfEtNtG0QTzOB75K_kwrbAYmwNlZGp0dnFCt5ILs2rjMQnsv3IOVbdC9njTEoBmWmYhezu5PUNnZ3ub4w0njpcrWSGfTW88bmw5JEFV3_x8jiFyAf2TePpz_ch_XqJLLzaPLDPlug

Uh-oh! Where did Ally go? Source: Yahoo! News

Weather Presenter Tim Davies joked that they needed to ‘crack out the Glen 20’, while Ms Langdon called back to share that she had ‘done a RAT’ to test for Covid.

Entertainment Reporter Brooke Boney temporarily filled in for Ms Langdon, joining Mr Stefanovic on the desk.

Unfortunately, this isn’t the first time Ms Langdon was forced to walk off the show due to health issues. Back in June, she suddenly left during a commercial break. Later on, Stefanovic clarified that she had gone home sick due to a ‘frog in her throat’.

'Ally has, unfortunately, had to go home. She’s got a very sizeable frog in her throat. She’ll be back on deck tomorrow. In the meantime, it’s an empty seat.’ he said at the time.

e84JC98YcKd_Ubgr9kizJgio0ERSuuZXAtoEJZAN8kwGwtlZyuc65CsEidOoOdgkq26rp_yiA6GLgj8CpJp9pC9Hh9ESOnkSXcXuu6rLpRnv6UkqOfQdB6orENAAqXIoXeIvUb5-SmYdM9DZYFGO48_zsduAqnX01QDMoXJJ6wnTp8bLcUidTNxmoA

Morning show hosts have been plagued by illnesses this year. Source: The Australian

It seems like sickness has been a common trend among morning TV show hosts, as Sunrise hosts also had to clock out earlier than usual this year.

David Koch left the show three hours early due to a health issue on May 3, with co-host Natalie Barr telling viewers that he was suffering from a bout of laryngitis.

The pair previously fell ill at the same time back in March, leaving Sunrise without both its usual hosts for a week. At the time, Ms Barr battled a severe case of cold, while Koch tested positive for COVID-19.

What are your thoughts? Would you have done the same if you were in Ms Langdon’s shoes? I guess we’d never considered how difficult it would be to call in sick when you’re on TV! Let us know in the comments!

Sponsored
That these shows have been able to continue throughout the last couple of years is in itself a wonder. There might have been a bit of musical chairs with presenters but the backrooms have been working consistently. I only watch and can speak about News Breakfast but I assume the other shows are similar, they were working with a less than skeleton staff, not knowing from one day to the next who would be available. As News Breakfast comes out of Melbourne they were constantly constrained by the lockdowns, mask mandates and maintaining distance. My son even did the weather via zoom calls when he caught Covid and was isolating.:)

Reactions: Ezzy, Zoya and Liz
The woman was unwell, of course anyone would do the same. What is the big deal? Trying to carry out your duties when your unwell is counterproductive. I hope Ally has had a good break and is feeling much better, take note people if you are sick STAY HOME, it’s better for you and your work mates.

Well, "Leave her alone" If your unwell you are NOT supposed to be at work...So she went home saying she was "Unwell" why is this even open for public discussion ?.....Get well soon Ali........

We’ve previously talked about television personalities making hilarious blunders on-air but this time around, one co-host’s hasty exit left tongues wagging.

Today co-host Ally Langdon announced that she needed to leave the show mid-air on Monday morning after feeling unwell.

Shortly after the 7:30 am news bulletin, Ms Langdon told her co-host Karl Stefanovic that she needed to leave.

‘I am actually going to take off this morning. I feel a little bit wobbly.’ she said, looking pale. She then explained that she started to feel unwell but didn’t want to leave her co-host ‘in the lurch’.

‘I didn’t notice, because you are wobbly a lot on a Monday morning!’ her co-host teased.

‘I would have stayed home, but it didn’t hit until I arrived for work. Best for everybody, and have a great show!’ she said before rising from her seat and walking out of the frame. Ms Langdon also joked that she’d be watching from home and ‘sending notes’.

‘Whatever she has, I hope I don’t get.’ said Mr Stefanovic.

PEt2S2dVBLXbTIrFkdtC_0pSTvgsH_XKqf7B2qicigKBjUvqBTfEtNtG0QTzOB75K_kwrbAYmwNlZGp0dnFCt5ILs2rjMQnsv3IOVbdC9njTEoBmWmYhezu5PUNnZ3ub4w0njpcrWSGfTW88bmw5JEFV3_x8jiFyAf2TePpz_ch_XqJLLzaPLDPlug

Uh-oh! Where did Ally go? Source: Yahoo! News

Weather Presenter Tim Davies joked that they needed to ‘crack out the Glen 20’, while Ms Langdon called back to share that she had ‘done a RAT’ to test for Covid.

Entertainment Reporter Brooke Boney temporarily filled in for Ms Langdon, joining Mr Stefanovic on the desk.

Unfortunately, this isn’t the first time Ms Langdon was forced to walk off the show due to health issues. Back in June, she suddenly left during a commercial break. Later on, Stefanovic clarified that she had gone home sick due to a ‘frog in her throat’.

'Ally has, unfortunately, had to go home. She’s got a very sizeable frog in her throat. She’ll be back on deck tomorrow. In the meantime, it’s an empty seat.’ he said at the time.

e84JC98YcKd_Ubgr9kizJgio0ERSuuZXAtoEJZAN8kwGwtlZyuc65CsEidOoOdgkq26rp_yiA6GLgj8CpJp9pC9Hh9ESOnkSXcXuu6rLpRnv6UkqOfQdB6orENAAqXIoXeIvUb5-SmYdM9DZYFGO48_zsduAqnX01QDMoXJJ6wnTp8bLcUidTNxmoA

Morning show hosts have been plagued by illnesses this year. Source: The Australian

It seems like sickness has been a common trend among morning TV show hosts, as Sunrise hosts also had to clock out earlier than usual this year.

David Koch left the show three hours early due to a health issue on May 3, with co-host Natalie Barr telling viewers that he was suffering from a bout of laryngitis.

The pair previously fell ill at the same time back in March, leaving Sunrise without both its usual hosts for a week. At the time, Ms Barr battled a severe case of cold, while Koch tested positive for COVID-19.

What are your thoughts? Would you have done the same if you were in Ms Langdon’s shoes? I guess we’d never considered how difficult it would be to call in sick when you’re on TV! Let us know in the comments!
Get well soon Ally. Stay at home if you are still sick.