ALDI is selling florist-quality flowers – shoppers are surprised!

Hans Christian Andersen, a renowned author, poet, and novelist, once said: 'Just living is not enough… one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower.'

We can all agree that having the freedom to go outside and feel the warm rays of the sun on our skin are among life's greatest pleasures.

And with many of us spending more and more time at home these days, having a handful of lovely flowers around the house is one way to bring the beauty of nature inside our homes.

You might be surprised to hear this, but did you know that one of Australia's most popular retail stores sells high-quality flowers? Some say they even rival florists…

It's no secret that ALDI is popularly known for its amazing seasonal deals, award-winning wines, and cult-favourite food items.

Recently though, customers are saying that the retail store also sells high-quality flowers that genuinely last longer than those from more expensive retailers!

Is there anything that this discount supermarket can't do?

3kZSxbnksKMfs5n2iGVHQg9Qn5w0JW6fxroNco311hbxaIjChx0Wq-0opy3pELHl7qhdaxH0wgogJA_NlDQjtB9ZFRztGrC5cqF8C9s5tbzwsTf_r8s7ddV8hhWz5UpFW_TZbvGW80SbqWsgyNyEKyM

Not only are ALDI's flowers very affordable, but they also last longer than flowers from more expensive stores. Credit: Facebook.

In a popular Facebook group for ALDI shoppers, one member made a post to brag about the beautiful roses she bought from the store. 'These beautiful roses from ALDI are four weeks old now and still going,' she said.

The post then got a lot of comments from several people who have bought flowers from ALDI and can vouch for their quality.

'Can't beat ALDI's roses. 2 bunches for $20, and my place looks like a million dollars!' one user wrote in the comments section. Another agreed and added, 'The roses from ALDI are amazing; they last for ages!'

People also uploaded pictures of their flowers that appeared to be in bloom for several weeks after they had been cut.

'I bought some of these, and they lasted about four to five weeks. All I had to do was change the water every few days,' commented one user. 'I love ALDI flowers because they last so much longer than flowers from a florist and are only a tenth of the price,' added another.

Not only are the roses beautiful, but the other flowers as well, according to the happy customers. Some of them also purchased other blooms, like daisies, and were quite impressed by how lovely and resilient they are!

Meanwhile, people who are interested in adding some flowers to their homes have mentioned that they are interested in trying those that are sold at ALDI.

'Ok, guys, I'm road-testing ALDI flowers because people in this group suggested it,' one person wrote in the comments.

m-h_7zjZwy99zvW6HRaFoJPS5vbubjcEjhZeWQ51ShXFHKkrGivhUNRwcWsZikD_zByDYYNbk0MspEfNBmCcNo-D5gjGV-4OjNlgrSK0I2pNM2hJ8Cif7EntOODP1dWSVWOGYVr9ZOCf4s__EeViQkM

People also posted pictures of their flowers that still appeared to be in bloom after several weeks had passed. Credit: Facebook.

ALDI was happy to hear that Aussie shoppers like how fresh and affordable their bouquets are.

'At ALDI, we are delighted to supply our customers with beautiful bouquets at seriously incredible prices,' a spokesperson for the supermarket said in an interview with a news outlet.

'From only $6 for our three-stem Asiatic lilies and $12 for our 10-stem bunch of roses to our Australian wildflower arrangement for just $15, our customers can brighten up their homes, give a surprise bouquet to their friends or loved ones or even mix and match to make their own floral arrangements without breaking the bank.'

We’ll wait while you rush to the shops.

Are you back yet?

Okay, now that you've gotten your flowers from ALDI, here are some tips to help you keep them alive so they last longer and bring you and your home more happiness:
  1. Before putting flowers in a vase, cut about 3 cm off the bottom of each stem at a 45-degree angle with a sharp, non-serrated knife or gardening scissors.
  2. Take out any leaves that will sit below the waterline. This can cause bacteria to grow, which can kill your flowers.
  3. Check on your flowers every day and pull off any dead or loose petals and leaves, which could lead to bacterial rot.
  4. Give your fresh flowers something to 'eat' by adding a teaspoon of sugar (or ¼ cup of lemonade) to the water. This will nourish the blossoms and keep them looking beautiful for longer.
  5. Even though it might seem strange to add bleach to flower water, a few drops of bleach in the vase can help your flowers last longer. A few drops or ¼ teaspoon of bleach in 1 litre of water is enough.
  6. The apple cider vinegar in the flower water also kills bacteria and helps keep the pH level of the environment in check. Before you put your flowers in the vase, mix 2 tablespoons of vinegar with 2 tablespoons of sugar and add it to the water in the vase.
  7. Even with all those additives, it's vital to change the vase water often to keep flowers alive. Every other day, fill the vase with room-temperature water and clean it with dish soap to eliminate bacteria. (Don't forget to add new sugar and any other ingredients you're using to make them last longer.)
  8. Flowers also take in water through their petals, so keep a mister bottle with water nearby so you can give them a quick spray whenever you walk by.
Nothing beats the beauty of a bouquet of freshly cut flowers on a table or shelf, but it can be hard to make those fresh flowers last more than a few days. So, we hope these tips are helpful to you, members!

If you have any other tips for taking care of flowers, please feel free to leave them in the comments section below. For now, we're off to ALDI – see you there!

Sponsored
Nothing better than fresh flowers in your home. Unfortunately when I have looked at flowers in Aldi they haven't looked that fresh maybe it's the store or I've just gone in at the wrong time

That should have read change, and I put all new water in the vase each time with the vinegar etc solution. I usually cut a bit off the end of the flower stem each change of water also

Hans Christian Andersen, a renowned author, poet, and novelist, once said: 'Just living is not enough… one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower.'

We can all agree that having the freedom to go outside and feel the warm rays of the sun on our skin are among life's greatest pleasures.

And with many of us spending more and more time at home these days, having a handful of lovely flowers around the house is one way to bring the beauty of nature inside our homes.

You might be surprised to hear this, but did you know that one of Australia's most popular retail stores sells high-quality flowers? Some say they even rival florists…

It's no secret that ALDI is popularly known for its amazing seasonal deals, award-winning wines, and cult-favourite food items.

Recently though, customers are saying that the retail store also sells high-quality flowers that genuinely last longer than those from more expensive retailers!

3kZSxbnksKMfs5n2iGVHQg9Qn5w0JW6fxroNco311hbxaIjChx0Wq-0opy3pELHl7qhdaxH0wgogJA_NlDQjtB9ZFRztGrC5cqF8C9s5tbzwsTf_r8s7ddV8hhWz5UpFW_TZbvGW80SbqWsgyNyEKyM

Not only are ALDI's flowers very affordable, but they also last longer than flowers from more expensive stores. Credit: Facebook.

In a popular Facebook group for ALDI shoppers, one member made a post to brag about the beautiful roses she bought from the store. 'These beautiful roses from ALDI are four weeks old now and still going,' she said.

The post then got a lot of comments from several people who have bought flowers from ALDI and can vouch for their quality.

'Can't beat ALDI's roses. 2 bunches for $20, and my place looks like a million dollars!' one user wrote in the comments section. Another agreed and added, 'The roses from ALDI are amazing; they last for ages!'

People also uploaded pictures of their flowers that appeared to be in bloom for several weeks after they had been cut.

'I bought some of these, and they lasted about four to five weeks. All I had to do was change the water every few days,' commented one user. 'I love ALDI flowers because they last so much longer than flowers from a florist and are only a tenth of the price,' added another.

Not only are the roses beautiful, but the other flowers as well, according to the happy customers. Some of them also purchased other blooms, like daisies, and were quite impressed by how lovely and resilient they are!

Meanwhile, people who are interested in adding some flowers to their homes have mentioned that they are interested in trying those that are sold at ALDI.

'Ok, guys, I'm road-testing ALDI flowers because people in this group suggested it,' one person wrote in the comments.

m-h_7zjZwy99zvW6HRaFoJPS5vbubjcEjhZeWQ51ShXFHKkrGivhUNRwcWsZikD_zByDYYNbk0MspEfNBmCcNo-D5gjGV-4OjNlgrSK0I2pNM2hJ8Cif7EntOODP1dWSVWOGYVr9ZOCf4s__EeViQkM

People also posted pictures of their flowers that still appeared to be in bloom after several weeks had passed. Credit: Facebook.

ALDI was happy to hear that Aussie shoppers like how fresh and affordable their bouquets are.

'At ALDI, we are delighted to supply our customers with beautiful bouquets at seriously incredible prices,' a spokesperson for the supermarket said in an interview with a news outlet.

'From only $6 for our three-stem Asiatic lilies and $12 for our 10-stem bunch of roses to our Australian wildflower arrangement for just $15, our customers can brighten up their homes, give a surprise bouquet to their friends or loved ones or even mix and match to make their own floral arrangements without breaking the bank.'

Are you back yet?

Okay, now that you've gotten your flowers from ALDI, here are some tips to help you keep them alive so they last longer and bring you and your home more happiness:
  1. Before putting flowers in a vase, cut about 3 cm off the bottom of each stem at a 45-degree angle with a sharp, non-serrated knife or gardening scissors.
  2. Take out any leaves that will sit below the waterline. This can cause bacteria to grow, which can kill your flowers.
  3. Check on your flowers every day and pull off any dead or loose petals and leaves, which could lead to bacterial rot.
  4. Give your fresh flowers something to 'eat' by adding a teaspoon of sugar (or ¼ cup of lemonade) to the water. This will nourish the blossoms and keep them looking beautiful for longer.
  5. Even though it might seem strange to add bleach to flower water, a few drops of bleach in the vase can help your flowers last longer. A few drops or ¼ teaspoon of bleach in 1 litre of water is enough.
  6. The apple cider vinegar in the flower water also kills bacteria and helps keep the pH level of the environment in check. Before you put your flowers in the vase, mix 2 tablespoons of vinegar with 2 tablespoons of sugar and add it to the water in the vase.
  7. Even with all those additives, it's vital to change the vase water often to keep flowers alive. Every other day, fill the vase with room-temperature water and clean it with dish soap to eliminate bacteria. (Don't forget to add new sugar and any other ingredients you're using to make them last longer.)
  8. Flowers also take in water through their petals, so keep a mister bottle with water nearby so you can give them a quick spray whenever you walk by.
Nothing beats the beauty of a bouquet of freshly cut flowers on a table or shelf, but it can be hard to make those fresh flowers last more than a few days. So, we hope these tips are helpful to you, members!

If you have any other tips for taking care of flowers, please feel free to leave them in the comments section below. For now, we're off to ALDI – see you there!
How about a cleaning hack that doesn’t break your back!😂😂

Reactions: Suzanne rose
I buy a bunch of roses from Aldi every week and am more than happy with them.

Reactions: Ezzy

Are you back yet?

My wife always complains that I never buy her any flowers,

So I thought I would surprise her bought some flowers

This weekend and she got mad, and threw them at me.

It wasn't Plain and Self Raising she was complaining about?.

Are you back yet?

All valuable tips here. Thankyou for sharing. I will copy & share these hints.

We were rose growers for many years & the only difference we had on all you nice people I agree with, was changing the water every 3 days, giving them exactly the same treatment by cutting diagonally the stems,de-petaling the dead freds & washing the vases. At least 4 weeks for the beautiful red perfumed Poppa Meilland & Black Boy. We found Virgo (white) turned dead quickly because of being white. Tested it. The only colour that turned up its toes because of the bleach. Vinegar & sugar....no problem. On opening our front door, one could smell Poppa Meilland. It's a German rose with THE most exquisite perfume. Try it.

Are you back yet?

I was told years ago to use bleach and still dop flowers last longer and water does not get smelly