‘Your behaviour is absolutely appalling’: Local man calls out neighbour over ‘disrespectful’ dog waste disposal

We've all been there - walking down the street, minding our own business when BAM! We step on something gross out of nowhere.

But for residents in the Brisbane suburb of Newstead, this isn't just a random occurrence - it's a regular part of their daily routine.

Why you ask? Well, apparently there's a mysterious pet owner living in a nearby high-rise apartment who can't be bothered to properly dispose of their furry friend's waste.

Instead, they opt to toss it over their balcony and onto the unsuspecting people below. Classy, right?

Screen Shot 2023-03-02 at 2.45.50 PM.png
The local resident said the mysterious pet owner might be living in one of the highlighted units in the building. Credit: Facebook.

One fed-up victim recently took to social media to call out the dog owner's 'appalling behaviour’, labelling them a 'cretin' for their lazy ways. Nobody wants to be hit with a splatter of dog poo on their daily walk.

On Facebook, the Brisbane local said: 'Whoever is routinely throwing dog poo from their “Unison” balcony to the footpath below on 12 Longland Street, Newstead, your behaviour is absolutely appalling.'

'I've seen it fall before, but today... You got me. When I find out who you are, expect similar treatment, understandably. Use your designated refuse area, or put your pet up for adoption, you cretin.'

He then shared a map of the building complex on the post, highlighting a handful of balconies on the right side of the building where the dog's owner may be living in.

The victim's post quickly went viral, with other locals chiming in to share their own stories of dodging doggie bombs on the street. And while we don't condone retaliating with the same behaviour, we can certainly understand the frustration of dealing with such a gross and thoughtless neighbour.

But it's not just the gross factor that's so infuriating - it's the fact that this irresponsible pet owner is putting other people's health at risk. Dog faeces can carry harmful bacteria and parasites, which can cause a variety of illnesses in humans. So not only is this behaviour disgusting, it's downright dangerous.

Screen Shot 2023-03-02 at 2.45.43 PM.png
We all have a duty of care to ensure our animals don't cause any disturbance - particularly when living in apartment complexes. Credit: Komarov Egor.

The spokesperson for the Brisbane City Council said they would be willing to do anything to help the victim find out who was responsible for the 'appalling' act.

'These allegations are disgusting and Brisbane City Council is more than happy to work with the body corporate of this residential building to hold this person accountable and pursue them for littering,' Civic Cabinet Chair for City Standards Kim Marx told a news source.

According to the Brisbane City Council website, failing to pick up and correctly dispose of animal droppings when in public can result in a fine of $287.

Key Takeaways

• A Brisbane resident's alleged inconsiderate act of throwing dog poo from their balcony has been called 'absolutely appalling' by a neighbour.
  • The furious neighbour said he was hit by the droppings and shared a post on social media in an attempt to identify the culprit.
  • A spokesperson for the Brisbane City Council said they are 'more than happy' to step in and help solve the issue of the mysterious poo thrower.

Now, we here at the SDC believe that there's no excuse for this kind of behaviour – not only is it uncivilised and inconsiderate, but it can also pose a health and safety risk.

Living with a pet, especially a dog, in an apartment comes with challenges, of course, but that doesn't make their actions okay.

If you witness anybody else behaving this way in public, we ask that you do your part for the community and report them to the local council.

Screen Shot 2023-03-02 at 2.45.36 PM.png
After moving to the Gold Coast to enjoy an 'idyllic seaside lifestyle', one couple found themselves struggling daily with a disgusting problem. Credit: Dave Lowe.

And it's not just in Newstead where dog poo is causing headaches for locals. In the Gold Coast suburb of Bilinga, a couple has been dealing with an overwhelming amount of dog waste on their daily beach walks.

Paula and Chris say that the problem has gotten so bad that they're now forced to walk with a shovel and a bag to clean up after other people's pets. And while they love dogs just as much as the next person, they're fed up with the irresponsible owners who refuse to do their part.

Unfortunately, this problem isn't unique to Bilinga or Newstead (seriously, Queensland, what’s going on?) - it's a nationwide issue that's becoming more and more prevalent.

So next time you're out for a walk with your furry friend, remember to bring a bag and clean up after them. And if you happen to see someone else's pet leaving a mess behind, don't be afraid to speak up and encourage them to do the right thing.

Because at the end of the day, it's up to all of us to make sure our neighbourhoods are safe and enjoyable places to live.

Screen Shot 2023-03-02 at 2.45.30 PM.png
Failing to pick up and correctly dispose of animal droppings when in public can result in a hefty fine. Credit: Unsplash/Daniël Maas.

We want to hear from you, members! Have you ever experienced something similar to what the residents in Newstead or Bilinga are dealing with? Or have you witnessed any other outrageous pet-related grievances in your neighbourhood or complex?

Maybe you've had to deal with a noisy neighbour's barking dog, or perhaps you've had to dodge poo on your daily walk. Whatever your experience may be, we want to hear about it!

So leave us a comment below and share your story. We can all learn something from each other and work towards creating a more responsible and pet-friendly community.

Sponsored
We've all been there - walking down the street, minding our own business when BAM! We step on something gross out of nowhere.

But for residents in the Brisbane suburb of Newstead, this isn't just a random occurrence - it's a regular part of their daily routine.

Why you ask? Well, apparently there's a mysterious pet owner living in a nearby high-rise apartment who can't be bothered to properly dispose of their furry friend's waste.

Instead, they opt to toss it over their balcony and onto the unsuspecting people below. Classy, right?

View attachment 14845
The local resident said the mysterious pet owner might be living in one of the highlighted units in the building. Credit: Facebook.

One fed-up victim recently took to social media to call out the dog owner's 'appalling behaviour’, labelling them a 'cretin' for their lazy ways. Nobody wants to be hit with a splatter of dog poo on their daily walk.

On Facebook, the Brisbane local said: 'Whoever is routinely throwing dog poo from their “Unison” balcony to the footpath below on 12 Longland Street, Newstead, your behaviour is absolutely appalling.'

'I've seen it fall before, but today... You got me. When I find out who you are, expect similar treatment, understandably. Use your designated refuse area, or put your pet up for adoption, you cretin.'

He then shared a map of the building complex on the post, highlighting a handful of balconies on the right side of the building where the dog's owner may be living in.

The victim's post quickly went viral, with other locals chiming in to share their own stories of dodging doggie bombs on the street. And while we don't condone retaliating with the same behaviour, we can certainly understand the frustration of dealing with such a gross and thoughtless neighbour.

But it's not just the gross factor that's so infuriating - it's the fact that this irresponsible pet owner is putting other people's health at risk. Dog faeces can carry harmful bacteria and parasites, which can cause a variety of illnesses in humans. So not only is this behaviour disgusting, it's downright dangerous.

View attachment 14844
We all have a duty of care to ensure our animals don't cause any disturbance - particularly when living in apartment complexes. Credit: Komarov Egor.

The spokesperson for the Brisbane City Council said they would be willing to do anything to help the victim find out who was responsible for the 'appalling' act.

'These allegations are disgusting and Brisbane City Council is more than happy to work with the body corporate of this residential building to hold this person accountable and pursue them for littering,' Civic Cabinet Chair for City Standards Kim Marx told a news source.

According to the Brisbane City Council website, failing to pick up and correctly dispose of animal droppings when in public can result in a fine of $287.

Key Takeaways

• A Brisbane resident's alleged inconsiderate act of throwing dog poo from their balcony has been called 'absolutely appalling' by a neighbour.
  • The furious neighbour said he was hit by the droppings and shared a post on social media in an attempt to identify the culprit.
  • A spokesperson for the Brisbane City Council said they are 'more than happy' to step in and help solve the issue of the mysterious poo thrower.

Now, we here at the SDC believe that there's no excuse for this kind of behaviour – not only is it uncivilised and inconsiderate, but it can also pose a health and safety risk.

Living with a pet, especially a dog, in an apartment comes with challenges, of course, but that doesn't make their actions okay.

If you witness anybody else behaving this way in public, we ask that you do your part for the community and report them to the local council.

View attachment 14847
After moving to the Gold Coast to enjoy an 'idyllic seaside lifestyle', one couple found themselves struggling daily with a disgusting problem. Credit: Dave Lowe.

And it's not just in Newstead where dog poo is causing headaches for locals. In the Gold Coast suburb of Bilinga, a couple has been dealing with an overwhelming amount of dog waste on their daily beach walks.

Paula and Chris say that the problem has gotten so bad that they're now forced to walk with a shovel and a bag to clean up after other people's pets. And while they love dogs just as much as the next person, they're fed up with the irresponsible owners who refuse to do their part.

Unfortunately, this problem isn't unique to Bilinga or Newstead (seriously, Queensland, what’s going on?) - it's a nationwide issue that's becoming more and more prevalent.

So next time you're out for a walk with your furry friend, remember to bring a bag and clean up after them. And if you happen to see someone else's pet leaving a mess behind, don't be afraid to speak up and encourage them to do the right thing.

Because at the end of the day, it's up to all of us to make sure our neighbourhoods are safe and enjoyable places to live.

View attachment 14848
Failing to pick up and correctly dispose of animal droppings when in public can result in a hefty fine. Credit: Unsplash/Daniël Maas.

We want to hear from you, members! Have you ever experienced something similar to what the residents in Newstead or Bilinga are dealing with? Or have you witnessed any other outrageous pet-related grievances in your neighbourhood or complex?

Maybe you've had to deal with a noisy neighbour's barking dog, or perhaps you've had to dodge poo on your daily walk. Whatever your experience may be, we want to hear about it!

So leave us a comment below and share your story. We can all learn something from each other and work towards creating a more responsible and pet-friendly community.
We have 2 German shepherds behind use that bark constantly sometimes all day and I’m often woken up in the middle of the night to them barking. We’ve reported it to the council a few times and then the dogs are good for a month then back into it again. These poor dogs have a small yard in which the mongrel owners took all the turf out and replaced it with tiles and small fake grass tile. Anyway the council have given them a short period of time to do something. It’s so sad because it’s not the dog’s fault but the horrible owners. We have 2 dogs in which if they bark even in the middle of the night, we go check and bring them back inside. Sorry for the rant but when you have pets they are family and they also need to respect those that are around you and pick up the doggy poo when you’re out and about.

In the story described above with the neighbours from hell in Newstead dropping their dog droppings themselves over their balcony, I think they should be fined more than the standard fine of not picking up after your dog because they are deviously discarding this offensive rubbish over their balcony into a public place. It’s like a double misdemeanour, so should be a double fine.

What can I say, this is worse than disgusting. It’s hard to believe there are people in this world capable of such a despicable act. Where I live and walk I’m constantly dodging dog poo. I think most people pick it up but there are always some who don’t.

View attachment 14845

View attachment 14844

Key Takeaways

View attachment 14847

View attachment 14848

I mentioned once before that I’ve had a mongrel of a neighbour put their dogs’s poo into my rubbish bin while we were in hospital and unable to remove our bin from the roadside until the next day. We will follow that person if ever we see it being done again, and will toss it over their fence, without the bag.

I mentioned once before that I’ve had a mongrel of a neighbour put their dogs’s poo into my rubbish bin while we were in hospital and unable to remove our bin from the roadside until the next day. We will follow that person if ever we see it being done again, and will toss it over their fence, without the bag.
Are you saying the dog poo is bagged? I have absolutely no problem with anyone putting their bagged dog poo in my bin.

Are you saying the dog poo is bagged? I have absolutely no problem with anyone putting their bagged dog poo in my bin.
i would get very annoyed if someone put dog poo in my bin in the middle of summer and have it sit there for 2 weeks in the heat, it would be stinking within a day, imagine having that stench in your yard fouling up the air for 2 weeks, bad enough hear in my retirement village with neighbours putting urine soaked incontinance pads and wipes in rubbish bins in the heat for 2 weeks, of course not as bad as when they try flushing the wipes and pads down the sewage and cause a blockage.

i would get very annoyed if someone put dog poo in my bin in the middle of summer and have it sit there for 2 weeks in the heat, it would be stinking within a day, imagine having that stench in your yard fouling up the air for 2 weeks, bad enough hear in my retirement village with neighbours putting urine soaked incontinance pads and wipes in rubbish bins in the heat for 2 weeks, of course not as bad as when they try flushing the wipes and pads down the sewage and cause a blockage.
I don’t have a dog but walk my granddogs and a neighbour’s dog regularly. I always pick up their poo and tie the bag before putting it into my bin. Our bins are emptied weekly, I have never detected any poo odour coming from them. As long as the bag is tied I can’t see how the smell would escape. Your neighbours are very inconsiderate, any biological matter should be sealed in plastic before being binned. I hate wipes, some people seem to clean their whole houses with them.

If I was walking there I would just cross the road to the other side to walk

View attachment 14845

View attachment 14844

Key Takeaways

View attachment 14847

View attachment 14848

I was walking past a park in Barkly St in St Kilda last week when I noticed two fellas standing there while their dog backed one out on the grass. They then proceeded to walk off without picking it up.
I then pulled them up on it to which they answered that they didn’t have a bag. I then replied. You should have come out walking your dog without one.
They then said what are we supposed to do about it now.
I suggested that one of them stand guard over the turd so nobody else could tread in it while matey boy goes home and gets one.
They then told me to mind my own business and pick it up myself.
This thoughtless behaviour really really shits me.

Why would you have that smelly bag in your already ‘emptied’ bin to remain there for another week. If it’s yours take it back to your own bin, not mine, I say. It was stinking after just being in the bin overnight when we opened the bin next day. Why could that irresponsible neighbour not take his own possession (& it was his possession) to his own home for disposal?. I believe there are also some disposal units that can be buried in the ground in their own backyards. Spend a few $s and buy one of these bins for any poo you dog might do in your backyard after or before a walk.

Reactions: Granny*Deb
Let us know where you live and all/any of us who have an inconsiderate person using our bins for this purpose will come and deposit the offending items into your bin since you don’t have any problem with this.

Reactions: Sinikka Pollari
Like I said I have no problem with it, you are quite welcome to deposit your bagged dog poo in my bin. You will have to be quick though my husband brings our bins in pretty early.

View attachment 14845

View attachment 14844

Key Takeaways

View attachment 14847

View attachment 14848

You should not keep a pet in an apartment, it's cruel for the animal. Bugger what you want, live in a house like most if us, if you want a dog.

I sympathise with you having to put up with incidents you’ve experienced living in a retirement village. My sister lives in one and their rubbish is collected less frequently than rubbish from a stand alone home like mine. But putting rubbish in someone else’s bin is not only rude but also an act of disrespect especially when it’s the other person’s dog faeces, bagged or not. What is the good of bagging it if they cannot respect others and take it to their own bins to smell out their own area.

Why would you have that smelly bag in your already ‘emptied’ bin to remain there for another week. If it’s yours take it back to your own bin, not mine, I say. It was stinking after just being in the bin overnight when we opened the bin next day. Why could that irresponsible neighbour not take his own possession (& it was his possession) to his own home for disposal?. I believe there are also some disposal units that can be buried in the ground in their own backyards. Spend a few $s and buy one of these bins for any poo you dog might do in your backyard after or before a walk.
or don't take a dog if it is so much bother

Like I said I have no problem with it, you are quite welcome to deposit your bagged dog poo in my bin. You will have to be quick though my husband brings our bins in pretty early.
You seem to be one of those people who couldn’t care less about or have any respect for others.
Noticed you haven’t been brave enough to tell where you live so others can put their dog poo in your bin!!!!

Last edited: