‘I wish he was staying’: Beloved actor is leaving Home and Away

Home and Away has been on our screens for over 30 years, entertaining viewers with tales of love, heartbreak, tragedy and triumph set against the stunning backdrop of Summer Bay.

The long-running soap opera has launched the careers of some huge Australian stars, including Isla Fisher, Heath Ledger, Delta Goodrem and Chris Hemsworth — to name just a few.

We’ve seen a lot of familiar faces come and go over the years as characters move on to new adventures, and by the looks of it, another one has already flown the coop.

According to reports, fan favourite Kawakawa Fox-Reo is leaving Summer Bay!

The 24-year-old is said to be leaving Home and Away for good, after three years, to pursue other opportunities.

Screenshot_1.png
Fox-Reo is leaving after three years on Home and Away. Screengrab Credit: YouTube/Millie Cassidy

He filmed his final scenes before leaving Australia in October.

While Fox-Reo is currently in Paris, he has yet to officially confirm his departure from the show.

On Home and Away, Fox-Reo plays as Nikau Parata — a teenager who moved to town for a fresh start after his father’s tragic death in a heist.

Fox-Reo previously shared how he enjoyed sharing and celebrating his Maori heritage and culture through Nikau.

‘It's such a huge thing too and I think the things that are shown on the show are nice little snippets of a very big world that's very rich,’ he said.

‘I'm happy to promote (the Maori culture) whenever I can, for sure. I'm super proud and honoured to get the opportunity to do that on a show like this. And I want people back home to feel proud, so any opportunity I do have I will take with both hands.’

The news confirms weeks of speculation from eagle-eyed fans who first noticed Fox-Reo dyeing his hair blonde in a social media post.

It was an abrupt departure from his jet black locks, which he has sported on the show for years.

Many fans took to social media to express their sadness at his exit.

Screenshot_2.png
Fox-Reo’s (left) blonde hair colour had his fans speculating about his show exit. Credit: Instagram/@kawa_f_r

‘Kawakawa is a great actor & has a very down-to-earth character. I wish he was staying, but I wish him all the best.’ one user said.

Another added: ‘I will miss Nikau in Home and Away. Good luck… and I hope one day you will come back to (the show).’

Home and Away has seen other departures in the past months, with actors Sam Frost (Jasmine Delaney) and Harley Bonner (Dr Logan Bennett) leaving the show.

Fans previously expressed concerns of a possible ‘mass exit’ of actors after Frost and Bonner left for good.

Key Takeaways

• Actor Kawakawa Fox-Reo is reportedly leaving Home and Away.
  • The actor plays as Nikau Parata on the show.
  • The development confirms weeks of speculations from fans who first became suspicious when Fox-Reo dyed his hair blonde.
  • Many took to social media to express their sadness at his exit.
It remains to be seen if other current cast members will exit too, considering Home and Away is said to be slowly shelving one storyline.

So, what do you think of Fox-Reo’s exit? Did you enjoy his character on the show?

Share your thoughts and opinions below!

Source: YouTube/The Empowered Podcast

Sponsored
His character was very refreshing and involved in great story lines.
I was wondering how long his character would continue with his longtime girlfriend leaving the show.
His new image has gone from the boy next door to a bad boy image

OMG, as they say in the classics. THE SKY IS FALLING! An actor leaves a television show ... what next? Kylie breaks a finger nail? Bindi steps on a bindii? How can people live their lives so vicariously?
Perhaps this is how you feel, but there are many sad and lonely people in this world and if they do live their lives vicariously, as you say, through these shows does it really matter.
My intellectually disabled daughter absolutely loves this show and gets disappointed when people leave.
Don't be so critical.

OMG, as they say in the classics. THE SKY IS FALLING! An actor leaves a television show ... what next? Kylie breaks a finger nail? Bindi steps on a bindii? How can people live their lives so vicariously?
Have you ever watched this show ?
Over the years they have incorporated social issues , health issues and other things into their story lines .

Everyone has something they love watching.

Maybe gardening shows, sports like footy or golf .
Maybe you have a favourite actor that you like reading up on or a sports person. Or favourite show That maybe others thought was a waste of time
Regardless if someone hasn't done anything to us than we should respect them

At least the actors in home and away are working and not on the dole

Last edited:
Have you ever watched this show ?
Over the years they have incorporated social issues , health issues and other things into their story lines .

Everyone has something they love watching.

Maybe gardening shows, sports like footy or golf .
Maybe you have a favourite actor that you like reading up on or a sports person.
Regardless if someone hasn't done anything to us than we should respect them

At least the actors in home and away are working and not in the dole
This is a great reply - what I was thinking, but you have expressed it well. There are many people out there who love this show it’s Australian, and the show is not filled with blatant sex, but has many positive messages about life in general.

This is a great reply - what I was thinking, but you have expressed it well. There are many people out there who love this show it’s Australian, and the show is not filled with blatant sex, but has many positive messages about life in general.
Well, if anybody wants to start believing the manufactured storylines as given out by the cretiniser, they're welcome. I'll stick to books, thank you.

I have never watched an episode as soaps aren't my thing but I would never knock it. Home and Away must have a loyal following to be able to maintain a prime time timeslot. Soaps are much loved by some, otherwise Neighbours wouldn't be making a comeback. Each to their own, it would be a shame if we were all the same, it's our differences that make us interesting. :)

Home and Away has been on our screens for over 30 years, entertaining viewers with tales of love, heartbreak, tragedy and triumph set against the stunning backdrop of Summer Bay.

The long-running soap opera has launched the careers of some huge Australian stars, including Isla Fisher, Heath Ledger, Delta Goodrem and Chris Hemsworth — to name just a few.

We’ve seen a lot of familiar faces come and go over the years as characters move on to new adventures, and by the looks of it, another one has already flown the coop.

According to reports, fan favourite Kawakawa Fox-Reo is leaving Summer Bay!

The 24-year-old is said to be leaving Home and Away for good, after three years, to pursue other opportunities.

View attachment 9786
Fox-Reo is leaving after three years on Home and Away. Screengrab Credit: YouTube/Millie Cassidy

He filmed his final scenes before leaving Australia in October.

While Fox-Reo is currently in Paris, he has yet to officially confirm his departure from the show.

On Home and Away, Fox-Reo plays as Nikau Parata — a teenager who moved to town for a fresh start after his father’s tragic death in a heist.

Fox-Reo previously shared how he enjoyed sharing and celebrating his Maori heritage and culture through Nikau.

‘It's such a huge thing too and I think the things that are shown on the show are nice little snippets of a very big world that's very rich,’ he said.

‘I'm happy to promote (the Maori culture) whenever I can, for sure. I'm super proud and honoured to get the opportunity to do that on a show like this. And I want people back home to feel proud, so any opportunity I do have I will take with both hands.’

The news confirms weeks of speculation from eagle-eyed fans who first noticed Fox-Reo dyeing his hair blonde in a social media post.

It was an abrupt departure from his jet black locks, which he has sported on the show for years.

Many fans took to social media to express their sadness at his exit.

View attachment 9787
Fox-Reo’s (left) blonde hair colour had his fans speculating about his show exit. Credit: Instagram/@kawa_f_r

‘Kawakawa is a great actor & has a very down-to-earth character. I wish he was staying, but I wish him all the best.’ one user said.

Another added: ‘I will miss Nikau in Home and Away. Good luck… and I hope one day you will come back to (the show).’

Home and Away has seen other departures in the past months, with actors Sam Frost (Jasmine Delaney) and Harley Bonner (Dr Logan Bennett) leaving the show.

Fans previously expressed concerns of a possible ‘mass exit’ of actors after Frost and Bonner left for good.

Key Takeaways

• Actor Kawakawa Fox-Reo is reportedly leaving Home and Away.
  • The actor plays as Nikau Parata on the show.
  • The development confirms weeks of speculations from fans who first became suspicious when Fox-Reo dyed his hair blonde.
  • Many took to social media to express their sadness at his exit.
It remains to be seen if other current cast members will exit too, considering Home and Away is said to be slowly shelving one storyline.

So, what do you think of Fox-Reo’s exit? Did you enjoy his character on the show?

Share your thoughts and opinions below!

Source: YouTube/The Empowered Podcast

Oh no another exit, I was watching the last show for the season the other day and thinking how handsome he is becoming and such a great actor - I wish him well, but the show must go on, and hopefully, a replacement with another great story will unfold.

Easily, as Fox says it is a small slice of the world we live in. I personally love Home & away for its handling of sensitive issues like culture, spousal abuse & relationships. It has been a yardstick for these issues from the start & I for one thank them for it.

Books are great and a completely different genre
Zemo, in today’s world there are many issues we find it hard to understand and deal with - many of these issues are included in the story lines which you say are manufactured. I am an avid reader - a different genre, but authors do the same - they include these issues too. If I start to read a book and don’t like the content I don’t continue with it - there are millions more available. Similarly, if I do not like a TV program, I switch off or to another program - we all have that choice.

Isn't it time "Moan & Away" was cancelled its a soap and lonely people who have no family friends or life love this stuff and in the past are so ...um looking for the right word ,,, obsessed with and think their relatives or actual next door neighbours to the characters they actually send wreaths to a on tv funeral, presents to online weddings etc. Its sad the same stuff happens to fb ppl with no real friends will like anything for big like list and "followers"

While I acknowledge member Suzanne Rose comments and her daughter loves it. that is great and provides entertainment.

As for introduction of social issues , health issues and other things into their story lines . I never watch it so will take your word for it.

But do they address the issues that are real or only the ones that are NOT controversial. too hard offensive to certain minority group etc which are the real issues Australia faces

Reactions: Ricci
Isn't it time "Moan & Away" was cancelled its a soap and lonely people who have no family friends or life love this stuff and in the past are so ...um looking for the right word ,,, obsessed with and think their relatives or actual next door neighbours to the characters they actually send wreaths to a on tv funeral, presents to online weddings etc. Its sad the same stuff happens to fb ppl with no real friends will like anything for big like list and "followers"

While I acknowledge member Suzanne Rose comments and her daughter loves it. that is great and provides entertainment.

As for introduction of social issues , health issues and other things into their story lines . I never watch it so will take your word for it.

But do they address the issues that are real or only the ones that are NOT controversial. too hard offensive to certain minority group etc which are the real issues Australia faces
Everyone has a favourite show, book, actor, singer ect .
Some might think I'm crazy when certain actors or singers die.
I remember crying when John Lennon was shot, I shed a tear when Princess Di was killed.
Two movies I remember balling my eyes watching is Love Story with Ryan O'Neil and Aly McGraw and A note Book , guaranteed these are not the only 2.
What a boring world we would live in without television, movies and great books.
And when you look at these they are pretty much the same if we read it in book form or watch it on tv

Reactions: debjane and Ricci
I don't watch Home & Away, but it has always been a positive grounding for good actors to further their career path.
I used to watch A Country Practice all those years ago.
I sometimes watch UK Eastenders, but it doesn't bother me if I miss episodes.

Reactions: debjane and Ricci

Right on, bro.

Reactions: ShannyN and Ricci

Well, at least these lonely people have something to fill in their hours. Sure there are resources where they could access to find friends, but perhaps their circumstances prevent that. I don’t believe you have the right to call it cruel names. As for not addressing social and other issues - how about sexuality, grief, loss, happiness, sadness - yes, I have seen all of these addressed in a suitable way. Hey, you don’t need it, don’t have to watch it, can switch off - but please don’t ridicule those who enjoy it. To each his own!

Yebbut, why spend any amount of time wallowing in the (supposed) grief, angst and sorrow of others, "real" or not? I'll bet there are heaps of people who believe that Married at First Naughty and My Mum Your Dad are real shows, too.

Well, at least these lonely people have something to fill in their hours. Sure there are resources where they could access to find friends, but perhaps their circumstances prevent that. I don’t believe you have the right to call it cruel names. As for not addressing social and other issues - how about sexuality, grief, loss, happiness, sadness - yes, I have seen all of these addressed in a suitable way. Hey, you don’t need it, don’t have to watch it, can switch off - but please don’t ridicule those who enjoy it. To each his own!
Was I ridiculing ppl? hmmn thought I was saying lonely ppl with no friends watch this type of trash cause they need something to cling to, be apart of, immerse themselves into. Is that ridicule?

That's fact, not ridicule, and as for if I don't love it and get drawn into its repetitiveness same old storylines that repeat every few years albeit with character changes (every time they need a ratings boost, there is a accident, wedding drama, bushfire, flood etc every year almost) I can turn it off etc. I already said I don't watch it so don't need to turn it off and move on do I.

Have a great day

Reactions: Ricci and Zemo