Trouble in Summer Bay? Another ‘Home and Away’ star leaves show

Mere weeks after it was announced that Sam Frost was leaving Home and Away, another co-star has followed in her footsteps, bidding the Aussie soap farewell over Channel Seven’s vaccine mandate.

Their departures came after the network required all of its staff to be vaccinated against COVID-19.

Harley Bonner, who joined the show last year as the hunky trauma surgeon Dr Logan Bennett, was confirmed to be departing the show, and won’t be returning to the set.

He was the love interest for Salt restaurant owner Mackenzie Booth, played by Emily Weir.

According to a Channel Seven spokesperson: “Harley will not return to Home And Away when filming resumes in the coming weeks.”

“Harley leaves with our best wishes and sincere thanks for his work on the show.”

Q174MGSwZUYLqsG5ub40tcZTDHg0vgQpAd2zNsLS_Y_VQxkfeRe7LMxSXWfryzaeyuID9AYAQvhXjOKPvBh7F_U-N_KPumlNlRPSH3WPDeZj1p35o2XFWGLjtOESHsUBFbIm3VIP

Credit: Endemol Shine - Channel 5.

In October, former Bachelorette star Sam Frost made waves online for her controversial stance on COVID-19 vaccines when she posted a ‘call-out’ video on Instagram.

“I was really hesitant about doing a video or even speaking up about this sort of thing, but I feel like it’s getting to a point now in the world where there’s a lot of segregation, a lot of harsh judgment, and it’s taking its toll on my mental health,” said the 32-year-old actress, who explained that her doctor and her psychologist advised her to not get the jab, for private reasons.

“There are a lot of different reasons people aren’t getting vaccinated – and it might be because of their medical history, their concerns they might have, they might have a family history, it might be religious reasons, whatever.”

“I want to tell those people that feel like they’re getting separated from society – well, I’m not vaccinated, and there’s a reason why I’m not.”

“And you're too scared to talk about your opinion or talk about your feelings, and part of you wants to go, ‘Well, it’s none of your damn business why I’m not!’.”

After her Instagram video went viral, Sam received backlash, which forced her to deactivate her social media accounts temporarily.

Channel Seven announced her permanent departure from the show, following news of her being ‘temporarily written out’.

“We support and respect Sam’s decision to leave Home and Away,” said a spokesperson for the network.

“Sam leaves with our sincere thanks and very best wishes for the future.”

Last week, she was seen out in public partying with a co-star while being not fully vaccinated, in the middle of a surge in cases.

Credit: Channel 7.

Sponsored
If she didn't want a backlash why not just go quietly? While I concede it's no-ones business but hers why put out a video and proceed to talk about it. Suddenly it's everyone else's fault she has mental health issues. I don't get it, it's not rocket science and surely she would be aware of the general opinions on this matter. Actions come with consequences.

Trouble in Summer Bay? Another ‘Home and Away’ star leaves show

Mere weeks after it was announced that Sam Frost was leaving Home and Away, another co-star has followed in her footsteps, bidding the Aussie soap farewell over Channel Seven’s vaccine mandate.

Their departures came after the network required all of its staff to be vaccinated against COVID-19.

Harley Bonner, who joined the show last year as the hunky trauma surgeon Dr Logan Bennett, was confirmed to be departing the show, and won’t be returning to the set.

He was the love interest for Salt restaurant owner Mackenzie Booth, played by Emily Weir.

According to a Channel Seven spokesperson: “Harley will not return to Home And Away when filming resumes in the coming weeks.”

“Harley leaves with our best wishes and sincere thanks for his work on the show.”

Q174MGSwZUYLqsG5ub40tcZTDHg0vgQpAd2zNsLS_Y_VQxkfeRe7LMxSXWfryzaeyuID9AYAQvhXjOKPvBh7F_U-N_KPumlNlRPSH3WPDeZj1p35o2XFWGLjtOESHsUBFbIm3VIP

Credit: Endemol Shine - Channel 5.

In October, former Bachelorette star Sam Frost made waves online for her controversial stance on COVID-19 vaccines when she posted a ‘call-out’ video on Instagram.

“I was really hesitant about doing a video or even speaking up about this sort of thing, but I feel like it’s getting to a point now in the world where there’s a lot of segregation, a lot of harsh judgment, and it’s taking its toll on my mental health,” said the 32-year-old actress, who explained that her doctor and her psychologist advised her to not get the jab, for private reasons.

“There are a lot of different reasons people aren’t getting vaccinated – and it might be because of their medical history, their concerns they might have, they might have a family history, it might be religious reasons, whatever.”

“I want to tell those people that feel like they’re getting separated from society – well, I’m not vaccinated, and there’s a reason why I’m not.”

“And you're too scared to talk about your opinion or talk about your feelings, and part of you wants to go, ‘Well, it’s none of your damn business why I’m not!’.”

After her Instagram video went viral, Sam received backlash, which forced her to deactivate her social media accounts temporarily.

Channel Seven announced her permanent departure from the show, following news of her being ‘temporarily written out’.

“We support and respect Sam’s decision to leave Home and Away,” said a spokesperson for the network.

“Sam leaves with our sincere thanks and very best wishes for the future.”

Last week, she was seen out in public partying with a co-star while being not fully vaccinated, in the middle of a surge in cases.

Credit: Channel 7.