‘Cheap’ wife faces backlash for ‘deceitful’ trick on husband – “Gee, why doesn’t my husband trust me?”

Having a couple of tricks up your sleeve or even poking a little bit of fun at your partner can be beneficial in a loving relationship. However, where do we draw the line?

One sneaky shopper is being slammed by users online after divulging her ‘deceitful’ act towards her husband on TikTok. In her video, the wife confessed that she had been secretly replacing her clueless husband’s favourite mayonnaise for a cheaper alternative from ALDI for the last eight years.

uI5Vv2-sdBKIpKJRhep7p-oqias-T3P34XoQRvwSes14HoxAaNKjTRdjZCzvi9vcQ-U47g8KO121YDAscCfYbT8KBoufZSnJDkdS3CZ9fB0q_6yHIKaPVfy71oNhDxoVuGnBfar9
UlNpJ5zggBEO-_Ms44pZEJHielLer0huEfridYdCqykE5Q8jFUW4mHzKOTb1nTf-dFbvjqVsBOQZhEbxyaNI1EgjmN3LXy_lfxoOu5oOTOa1uh0-o46hI5bYjT8CVnxhCcGgWCNN

Image Credit: @mayoswindler

She explained that her husband insisted on only eating Hellmann’s mayonnaise but in an attempt to save a few dollars, the woman, who goes by the Tiktok username @mayoswindler, admitted to mischievously filling a previously bought Hellmann’s jar with low-cost mayonnaise to ‘trick’ her husband.

In the US, a jar of the ALDI branded mayonnaise that she uses as an alternative costs 56 cents (USD) less than a jar of her husband’s preferred mayonnaise. She said her husband never noticed her sly antics.

“So my husband claims he only eats Hellmann’s Mayonnaise and he will not settle for the off-brand.” she can be heard saying in the video. “But little does he know he’s been eating ALDI mayonnaise for the last eight years.”

The ‘mayo swindler’ mentioned that she only purchases Hellmann’s Mayonnaise every once in a while to replace the jar in case her husband checks the expiration date.

Video Credit: @mayoswindler

Her TikTok video amassed over 2.7 million views and 216.1k likes, sending thousands of users into a heated debate on whether or not her scheme was acceptable.

“Just spend the extra few cents… Don't be so cheap!!” one person criticised.

“My husband refuses to eat anything with cheese on it but I add it to stuff all the time and he never complains. What he doesn’t know won’t hurt him lol (laugh out loud).” said another.

“Gee, why doesn’t my husband trust me?” a third commented.

Another added “Instant RED FLAGS!” alongside a red flag emoji.

Several users felt her act was deceptive.

“I don’t understand why you go to the extreme of deceiving him.” one user wrote.

“You are gaslighting him about mayo. He probably noticed the flavour difference and is assuming the company made a stealthy recipe change. Not cool.” added another.

But others hailed her as an ‘evil genius’ and defended her from all the criticism.

“Uh… the few cents add up. I can tell you all have never struggled. It’s not being cheap it’s called saving money for other things.” a user argued.

“Feels like a few cents to you, that’s great, but realise that is not the reality for a lot of people.” another called out.

In response to the hateful remarks, the stealthy ALDI shopper posted a video that features her bank details to encourage users from the platform to fund her husband’s love for Hellmann’s mayonnaise.

Surprisingly, a follow-up video showed how she had actually received numerous donations from TikTok users.

“Get that mayo, girl.” said one person who donated $5 to her.

In her final video that concluded the mayonnaise saga, the wife can be seen finally revealing her trick to her husband through the initial TikTok video she posted. While there was no verbal response from her husband, he appears to be chuckling over the circumstance in the footage.

Well… who knew mayonnaise could cause such a ruckus! What are your personal thoughts on this story? Which side are you on? Share it with us in the comments!

Want to see her husband’s reaction? Watch the video below!

• Haha
Reactions: Nettles and Ricci
Sponsored
Geez it's56 cents....I thought the difference would be $$$$$$ so stupid and a real waste of time. I shop at Aldi every week and most of the products I buy are from Aldi. If they don't have the product I will then go to Woolies to get it. I always give the Aldi brand a try...if it isn't to our taste then we go back to our regular brand that's happening less and less these days.

‘Cheap’ wife faces backlash for ‘deceitful’ trick on husband – “Gee, why doesn’t my husband trust me?”

Having a couple of tricks up your sleeve or even poking a little bit of fun at your partner can be beneficial in a loving relationship. However, where do we draw the line?

One sneaky shopper is being slammed by users online after divulging her ‘deceitful’ act towards her husband on TikTok. In her video, the wife confessed that she had been secretly replacing her clueless husband’s favourite mayonnaise for a cheaper alternative from ALDI for the last eight years.

uI5Vv2-sdBKIpKJRhep7p-oqias-T3P34XoQRvwSes14HoxAaNKjTRdjZCzvi9vcQ-U47g8KO121YDAscCfYbT8KBoufZSnJDkdS3CZ9fB0q_6yHIKaPVfy71oNhDxoVuGnBfar9
UlNpJ5zggBEO-_Ms44pZEJHielLer0huEfridYdCqykE5Q8jFUW4mHzKOTb1nTf-dFbvjqVsBOQZhEbxyaNI1EgjmN3LXy_lfxoOu5oOTOa1uh0-o46hI5bYjT8CVnxhCcGgWCNN

She explained that her husband insisted on only eating Hellmann’s mayonnaise but in an attempt to save a few dollars, the woman, who goes by the Tiktok username @mayoswindler, admitted to mischievously filling a previously bought Hellmann’s jar with low-cost mayonnaise to ‘trick’ her husband.

In the US, a jar of the ALDI branded mayonnaise that she uses as an alternative costs 56 cents (USD) less than a jar of her husband’s preferred mayonnaise. She said her husband never noticed her sly antics.

“So my husband claims he only eats Hellmann’s Mayonnaise and he will not settle for the off-brand.” she can be heard saying in the video. “But little does he know he’s been eating ALDI mayonnaise for the last eight years.”

The ‘mayo swindler’ mentioned that she only purchases Hellmann’s Mayonnaise every once in a while to replace the jar in case her husband checks the expiration date.

Her TikTok video amassed over 2.7 million views and 216.1k likes, sending thousands of users into a heated debate on whether or not her scheme was acceptable.

“My husband refuses to eat anything with cheese on it but I add it to stuff all the time and he never complains. What he doesn’t know won’t hurt him lol (laugh out loud).” said another.

“I don’t understand why you go to the extreme of deceiving him.” one user wrote.

“You are gaslighting him about mayo. He probably noticed the flavour difference and is assuming the company made a stealthy recipe change. Not cool.” added another.

But others hailed her as an ‘evil genius’ and defended her from all the criticism.

“Uh… the few cents add up. I can tell you all have never struggled. It’s not being cheap it’s called saving money for other things.” a user argued.

“Feels like a few cents to you, that’s great, but realise that is not the reality for a lot of people.” another called out.

In response to the hateful remarks, the stealthy ALDI shopper posted a video that features her bank details to encourage users from the platform to fund her husband’s love for Hellmann’s mayonnaise.

Surprisingly, a follow-up video showed how she had actually received numerous donations from TikTok users.

In her final video that concluded the mayonnaise saga, the wife can be seen finally revealing her trick to her husband through the initial TikTok video she posted. While there was no verbal response from her husband, he appears to be chuckling over the circumstance in the footage.

Well… who knew mayonnaise could cause such a ruckus! What are your personal thoughts on this story? Which side are you on? Share it with us in the comments!

If she could keep the label on the bottle looking that pristine after 8 years of washing out the bottle I’d like to know how she did it.

Yep I have done the same with Scotch Whiskey & Wine, filling the empties with a cheaper brand. Then sat back & listened to the bullshit wine & spirit buffs discuss flavours & aromas .

Yep I have done the same with Scotch Whiskey & Wine, filling the empties with a cheaper brand. Then sat back & listened to the bullshit wine & spirit buffs discuss flavours & aromas .
Me too. I have friends who think they know everything there is about wines. All surprise them and end of night by revealing what they actually drank.

Reactions: Nettles
I have done similar to friends with wine.
I use to do this all the time with the kids when they were young. they would insist on brand name biscuits cereals and crackers, lollies etc. and I would over time buy original, keep the packs or boxes and substitute with much cheaper versions. they never caught-on, nor did their dad, most of the time.

As for those Tik Tok viewers who funded her - says something about their mental state! They should be funding charities rather than a headline grabber.

Reactions: Defiant540
I have done similar when my kids were young and did it with tomato sauce, substituting a cheaper brand as they used heaps every week. None of them noticed! It saved me heaps

I'm thinking ok she us saving lots of $$$ but 56c crazy.
I don't think it's right to deceive your husband like this .

I hope she at less sterilises the jar , otherwise it's calling for food poisoning

I felt bad tricking mine last night, he was watching TV in one room and we were playing a word game in the other and had downloaded a tv remote on my phone and kept turning his TV up and down , he was worried there was something wrong with the TV he had just purchased. In the end we told him and he had a good laugh. He now wants the app on his phone 🤨