What would you want to see if you could travel in time?

• The past

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • The future

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • There is enough in the present

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
A

April Bradford

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2022
Your Say Sunday: What would you want to see if you could travel in time?

Happy Sunday!

Today we're tackling a big one, a question that spans time.

Without further ado:

What would you want to see if you could travel in time?

We've narrowed the suggestions down to:
  1. The past
  2. The future
  3. There is enough in the present
However, if there is something specific you would want to see, we would love to hear about it in the comments section below.

We can't wait to hear from you! :)

I've always wished I could have gone to Woodstock and wished I was a hippy .
In 1969 and being only 8 this would never happen.
I remember my aunt who was only 10 years older than me went to Sunbury music festival ( Australia's version of Woodstock) I begged to go with her. This did not happen.
I guess seeing her as a Hippy, she was my inspiration. Today she laughs at that time in our lives .

So yeah I would love to go back in time to Woodstock and one great party.

woodstock-music-festival.jpgimages.jpeg-28.jpg

I have been researching my families for nearly 60 years and I would really like to sit down with my 5th great grandfather, Owen Elliott of Bristol, and sort out the details of his Elliott ancestors. I have a few Charles and Elizabeths but need to get them into the right generations. Owen's descendants were builders and owned or leased pubs in Bristol in the mid 1700s for a number of years.

Geez, I don't know, I think I would rather stay in the present. If I went back in time I might change something that would alter things for today and I wouldn't be the same person. If I went to the future I also might stuff things up for them by simply not understanding the technology ( I struggle with todays!). :)

The future could be interesting. only if I could go beyond 100 years and return soon after because I feel that AI will be the dominant species, but I wouldn't mind seeing how that works out.

I would however MOST Definitely Love to go back to the past and come forwards again from when life REALLY WAS very very, exciting. I would """AVOID""" meeting my ex-wife most definitely!!! Ha Ha Ha. And I would both repeat, and I would change, many of my past in the moment decisions.

I would hopefully also fall in love with an adorable like-minded someone who feels the same and we both would experience ongoing financial abundance early and do truly great things with this massive wealth.

With it, I would for instance, do whatever I could to improve the lives of people everywhere by creative inexpensive innovative long lasting modular housing designs and the Global business to support its creation and distribution and then go live a shoes-off creative mutually supportive gentle life on an isolated island for 3/4 of a year with likeminded others and let it evolve.

Yep, I would most definitely go back in time.

The future could be interesting. only if I could go beyond 100 years and return soon after because I feel that AI will be the dominant species, but I wouldn't mind seeing how that works out.

I would however MOST Definitely Love to go back to the past and come forwards again from when life REALLY WAS very very, exciting. I would """AVOID""" meeting my ex-wife most definitely!!! Ha Ha Ha. And I would both repeat, and I would change, many of my past in the moment decisions.

I would hopefully also fall in love with an adorable like-minded someone who feels the same and we both would experience ongoing financial abundance early and do truly great things with this massive wealth.

With it, I would for instance, do whatever I could to improve the lives of people everywhere by creative inexpensive innovative long lasting modular housing designs and the Global business to support its creation and distribution and then go live a shoes-off creative mutually supportive gentle life on an isolated island for 3/4 of a year with likeminded others and let it evolve.

Yep, I would most definitely go back in time.
I love the sound of that! 🙂

I would like to see into the future. We have seen the past, we're living the present. In our lives so much science fiction has become science fact. Advances are being made every day. Will there ever be "World Peace"?. Is there life in outer space?. So many problems to be solved, so many questions to be answered.

I would like to be greedy and travel in all directions - have some features of my past, travel into the future and still enjoy some features of the present.

I grew up in Uganda, Africa where my friends who I enjoyed playing with the most were either black Africans or Indians. They had no qualms playing with me even though I was obviously of Caucasian origin. Skin colour and racial origin didn't matter at all to me or them. (Many of my Caucasian peers at school only played with other Caucasian friends.)

Nevertheless, I think there are many "modern" features of today like TV, video, kitchen gadgets, cars, access to libraries, planes etc, etc, that many of us take for granted that we didn't/couldn't even dream about in the past.

In the future I think some/many things might be better, but many if not most humans might become too reliant upon and become generally even more unfit both mentally and physically because of less involvement in actual living.

Tom.

Geez, I don't know, I think I would rather stay in the present. If I went back in time I might change something that would alter things for today and I wouldn't be the same person. If I went to the future I also might stuff things up for them by simply not understanding the technology ( I struggle with todays!). :)
Don't worry, the vast majority of people struggle with today's technology. It is so complex now. Technicians handed it over to scientists long ago who then handed our worlds operating systems technology over to computers, who then created AI to make sense of it, who then created Cybernetic robots to understand what the computers are saying (as it's VASTLY superior to how fast a human mind can think) and so we mostly now operate like preschoolers at a high-tech university compared to robots as NO HUMAN can speak their language.

We have to have AI computers to tell us what AI computers are saying to each other. Its pretty dumb to do this in hindsight as many egg-spurts are now realizing.

I am HIGHLY right brain minded, and for instance I have ABSOLUTELY no idea what all of those little glyphs on top of my laptop above my keypad are for? They could be some sort of left-brain artwork, I have never been game, to push one and see what it does in case it wrecks something.

I would love to go back in time to spend more time with my beloved parents.
I would meet Elvis Presley & not miss out on that again. It is one huge regret I have.
I would cuddle all the precious pets that were part of my life once again.
I guess I could go forward in time to experience all these things but going back would mean they would hopefully be as I remembered...

Me, travel back in time to see how the pyramids were really made. And ask why they never recorded in the cartouches on the walls. I find that very interesting that they never did, or they on their scrolls either.

Reactions: Jarred Santos
History has contributed to, and shaped our present….History has not been kind and our present is not a whole lot better…..and as a whole we have chosen to not learn very much at all…..humankind still wages bloody wars and practices cruelty in many forms……and while governments may try to do their best there is still uncertainty and unrest while many others live in misery, in squalor, in poverty and in fear of their lives if they say just one wrong word. I would go to the end of our existence on this planet to see if humankind has indeed been the architect of our own destruction…….did all the money in the world enable us to survive on another planet….what kind of human beings did we become, and was it all worth it in the end?

Well, it certainly is interesting, though not unexpected, how personal your respondents answers are - so far.
Only one person has hit upon a significant event in the past (the construction of the pyramids). I have had numerous discussions about this topic. All scenarios have had 100,000 slaves toiling away, pulling blocks of limestone up impossibly steep slopes and placing them. This is what they want you to believe. But get down to reality and ask yourself about the logistics. Feeding that many people. Housing that many people. Providing toilets for that many people. And yet there have been very few tools found that could cut the stone (and it hasn't been that long ago). The real answer is that it might have only taken 2000-5000 workers to construct the pyramids. The answer is obvious and has been scientifically proven that the stone in the pyramids is not really stone at all. Each block has been precast in site, in place, by a mixture of local sand and a binder (natron), i.e. geopolymer, brought up in buckets and dumped into a wooden mold. The wooden molds could be reused over and over and no cutting tools were necessary. As soon as the process was revealed around 1986 the Dept. of Egyptology cancelled access to the pyramids.

But I was derailed from my original thoughts about time. Wouldn't it be fantastic to go back to the Mesozoic and see the dinosaurs in real life. How they moved, how they lived and how they reproduced. And what caused their demise. Was the Earth really smaller then?? Less gravity to worry about and accounts for the appearance and young age of the Pacific Ocean. Then the Cainozoic megafauna of northern Australia. And more recently of course the biblical truths. Did things happen as is believed??? Very unlikely. Obfuscation was alive and well even back then. The ultimate truths might upset a lot of people.

I would like to travel back far enough to warn people of the dangers facing them regarding the push for so called renewables and what it would do to our country and the rise of the loony left and how they would be destroying children's lives with their push for gender fluidity.
Yeah, that is a very good Idea and I TOTALLY support it.

I'm okay with gay people though there are none at all in my own social group, as love is love. But good heavens, society is collapsing all around us, with this gender fluidity movement.

Poor archeologists uncovering skeletons and just writing W.T.F is that? possibly human. Legality has gone mad. I read that there's a 42-year-old guy in America that has legally identified himself as a baby (true) and MANY over there now identify themselves as cats and dogs, lounge lizards, etc. People are marrying trees and cars and their pets.

Children under 10 are legally allowed right now, to have gender changing operations in America. etc etc

Far more Global resource is being spent on warfare, than for global improvement. You couldn't make a movie as outrageous as what is going on. No wonder the ufo's come here in their off-world tour groups for aliens to watch it all collapse on us.

Come see Earth before its gone! Yep, our rating must be high.