Should Voluntary Assisted Dying be legal in all Australian states/territories?

• Yes (ACT and NT should legalise)

Votes: 59 84.3%
  • No (shouldn't be legal)

Votes: 8 11.4%
  • Other (Will explain in comments)

Votes: 3 4.3%

• Total voters
It amazes me how people will have their pets put down rather than see them suffer, yet they will allow and watch their loved ones suffer. It definitely should be made legal and if the person is not capable of making the decision, then someone close should be able to make it on their behalf to stop the suffering.
At least in NSW you can get a form to fill in which you can access on the internet. It is called "Advanced Care Directive NSW". I don't know if this is available in other states. My doctor brought this to my attentiion as I told him that if I should get to the stage where someone has to decide whether or not to resuscitate me, then I do not want to be resuscitated just to have to rely on other people to care for me. My doctor then said that if I want it made legal then he as my medical advisor can sign it to say that it was made whilst I was able to make such decisions and therefore I should not be resuscitated. In this way my decision will be carried out and no-one can dispute that it is what I wanted to happen.

Okay, so if we believe and agree that it is the inherent right of each person to choose when to end their life; then the follow on argument is that suicide should also be made legal. So this list of legally allowed forms of life termination ?

Abortion
Suicide
Euthanasia

Where to next? 𝝅
1716951895114.jpeg

Okay, so if we believe and agree that it is the inherent right of each person to choose when to end their life; then the follow on argument is that suicide should also be made legal. So this list of legally allowed forms of life termination ?

Abortion
Suicide
Euthanasia

Where to next? 𝝅
Euthanasia and suicide are totally different. The first is for people who are going to have a prolonged and difficult death if they are not helped to die. The second is a wasteful act by someone who cannot stand living for reasons other than illness. In my opinion suicide should never be made legal for that reason.

Abortion
Suicide
Euthanasia

Where to next? 𝝅
Comparing apples with oranges......