Your favourite TV show is coming back! Here's what we know about the new Kath and Kim show

Here at the Seniors Discount Club, we've been blessed with a lot of great things over the years. We've seen some amazing technological advancements, social changes, and fashion trends come and go (though some definitely should have stayed in the past!).

But one thing that's always remained a constant in our lives is good ol' fashioned television. There's nothing quite like curling up on the couch after a long day with your favourite show.

And speaking of favourite shows, we've got some exciting news for all you Aussie TV lovers out there: one of our all-time greatest comedies is returning to screens for a brand new season!

That's right, members: Kath & Kim are back! And this time, they're bringing us a two-part celebration of their 20th anniversary exclusively on Channel 7 and 7plus.

With never-before-seen moments, cameos from some familiar personalities, and very special guests, the real housewives of Fountain Lakes will give Australia a glimpse into their lives today in a two-part celebration.

UH64-I1azzfKHzIbqD9dDR1eJNj1V347Edk42HUpX4b-ngDFIXmS-Lt7Xyuz_Y3bWK6H27iLOtBAUFsBsXv3CbUdHrPX1nypzW4blMyETWi54vbtSDFkPJNMLBZeDYjSnztLc6Ow7xLJFZR18Qb9YUvtWnHveiEmshqSUV5i5H_LLY5smNtdQn-b

The duo will make a comeback on our TV screens for the 20th anniversary of the show. Credit: Seven.

Executive Producer Rick McKenna announced the comeback, saying: 'It’s fascinating and delightful to see audiences around the world still loving Kath & Kim after 20 years.'

'It was great fun getting the team back together, plenty of laughs all around, which we look forward to sharing very soon.'

'Since I was a young lad, I've admitted the elegance and poise of Kath Day-Knight - and her clowning glory,' added Seven Chief Content Officer, Entertainment Programming, Angus Ross.

'In fact, it’s safe to say she was my first crush.'

'From high-couture to yoga, Kath and Kim have had an immeasurable impact on the world.'

'While I still find it difficult to look Kath in the eyes without blushing, it is an honour to be able to reunite them with their adoring fans.'

rHDZbZIDKBN_MiXupp1uEhIr60HKaoHizaKfNjchwvoUqoa0uK4RvqbNd1A1eK04V1MYOHC-0jJgEQ5I7G9DO_iRO0vPrG8g0aBP-N7NoMOoI0PxwaOQOFFVXLsjGdWpoFLU5o-r-Sjg_MVkK_Jby4Er5Raw1A1fADnAoktL1E2sWE9I_ugu0Vui

The 20th anniversary special will feature a two-part show. Credit: Seven.

While both Kath and Kim claim that they still look ‘great’ for their age, the house where they used to enjoy afternoon wine time in the backyard seems to have seen changes through time.

The owners decided it was time for a change because the famous TV home didn't work for their family any longer.

Interestingly, the owners of the home had an open house for Kath and Kim fans to have one final look in 2019 when they were renovating it, and as a result, they were able to raise $20,000 for charity.

TV shows can offer us a sense of nostalgia, bringing us back to happy times in our lives when we watched them the first time around.

There’s something special about revisiting a show that we loved at a different point in our lives. It can be a way to connect with our younger selves or to relive a time when we didn’t have as many responsibilities and stressors in our lives.

Will you be tuning in?

Sponsored
Here at the Seniors Discount Club, we've been blessed with a lot of great things over the years. We've seen some amazing technological advancements, social changes, and fashion trends come and go (though some definitely should have stayed in the past!).

But one thing that's always remained a constant in our lives is good ol' fashioned television. There's nothing quite like curling up on the couch after a long day with your favourite show.

And speaking of favourite shows, we've got some exciting news for all you Aussie TV lovers out there: one of our all-time greatest comedies is returning to screens for a brand new season!

That's right, members: Kath & Kim are back! And this time, they're bringing us a two-part celebration of their 20th anniversary exclusively on Channel 7 and 7plus.

With never-before-seen moments, cameos from some familiar personalities, and very special guests, the real housewives of Fountain Lakes will give Australia a glimpse into their lives today in a two-part celebration.

UH64-I1azzfKHzIbqD9dDR1eJNj1V347Edk42HUpX4b-ngDFIXmS-Lt7Xyuz_Y3bWK6H27iLOtBAUFsBsXv3CbUdHrPX1nypzW4blMyETWi54vbtSDFkPJNMLBZeDYjSnztLc6Ow7xLJFZR18Qb9YUvtWnHveiEmshqSUV5i5H_LLY5smNtdQn-b

The duo will make a comeback on our TV screens for the 20th anniversary of the show. Credit: Seven.

Executive Producer Rick McKenna announced the comeback, saying: 'It’s fascinating and delightful to see audiences around the world still loving Kath & Kim after 20 years.'

'It was great fun getting the team back together, plenty of laughs all around, which we look forward to sharing very soon.'

'Since I was a young lad, I've admitted the elegance and poise of Kath Day-Knight - and her clowning glory,' added Seven Chief Content Officer, Entertainment Programming, Angus Ross.

'From high-couture to yoga, Kath and Kim have had an immeasurable impact on the world.'

'While I still find it difficult to look Kath in the eyes without blushing, it is an honour to be able to reunite them with their adoring fans.'

rHDZbZIDKBN_MiXupp1uEhIr60HKaoHizaKfNjchwvoUqoa0uK4RvqbNd1A1eK04V1MYOHC-0jJgEQ5I7G9DO_iRO0vPrG8g0aBP-N7NoMOoI0PxwaOQOFFVXLsjGdWpoFLU5o-r-Sjg_MVkK_Jby4Er5Raw1A1fADnAoktL1E2sWE9I_ugu0Vui

While both Kath and Kim claim that they still look ‘great’ for their age, the house where they used to enjoy afternoon wine time in the backyard seems to have seen changes through time.

The owners decided it was time for a change because the famous TV home didn't work for their family any longer.

Interestingly, the owners of the home had an open house for Kath and Kim fans to have one final look in 2019 when they were renovating it, and as a result, they were able to raise $20,000 for charity.

TV shows can offer us a sense of nostalgia, bringing us back to happy times in our lives when we watched them the first time around.

There’s something special about revisiting a show that we loved at a different point in our lives. It can be a way to connect with our younger selves or to relive a time when we didn’t have as many responsibilities and stressors in our lives.

Will you be tuning in?
Absolutely 💯!!

Reactions: Ricci

Will you be tuning in?
Sorry, but rather stick white hot needles in my eyes

Reactions: relljube and Ricci
Seriously scraping the barrel Chanel 7. Not funny then - not funny now - boring as bat s==t. Worst are Gina Riley and Magda Z.

Reactions: Ricci