You won't believe what strange item doctors found inside this man's stomach!

We’ve all heard those stories of healthcare professionals experiencing the weirdest and wildest situations in the emergency room - but this latest bizarre tale is sure to leave you scratching your head.

A prison inmate, Kaushar Ali, was rushed to India's Indira Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences (IGIMS) with severe stomach aches. Much to the astonishment and surprise of the hospital staff, an X-ray revealed a nine-centimetre mobile phone lodged in his stomach!

1681961263185.png
The weird and wild tales of the emergency room! Image source: Shutterstock.

Yes, you read that correctly - the man had physically swallowed a mobile phone.

Dr Manish Mandal, medical superintendent of IGIMS, said the strange case was a first for all the medical professionals involved. 'In my 25-year medical career, this was the first such case that a patient was admitted after swallowing a mobile phone. It was a strange case,' he said.

Mr Ali was reportedly on a phone call when prison authorities arrived for a surprise inspection of his cell. As phone use is banned at the prison facility, he swallowed the device to avoid punishment.

The IGIMS medical staff were able to successfully retrieve the device through his mouth using an endoscopic machine - without needing to perform any surgery.

It’s not the first peculiar case medical personnel have seen as of late. Last month, a 14-year-old Australian boy was taken to Royal Adelaide Hospital after inserting a golf ball into his anus. Although he wasn't in pain, X-ray scans showed the ball had lodged itself into his sigmoid colon, the last part of the large intestine.

Doctors attempted to extract the golf ball for two hours while the boy was under general anaesthetic, including using a suction cup, medical net, quad-prong grasper and a balloon catheter. However, they were unsuccessful. Ultimately, he had to push the ball out himself three hours later with the help of a litre of laxatives…

Folks, here at the Seniors Discount Club, we often find ourselves in disbelief at some of the stories we come across! What strange medical cases have you heard about? Or maybe you have worked in an emergency room yourself and have a few stories to tell? Well, we’d love to hear them! Feel free to share your stories in the comments below.

Sponsored
We’ve all heard those stories of healthcare professionals experiencing the weirdest and wildest situations in the emergency room - but this latest bizarre tale is sure to leave you scratching your head.

A prison inmate, Kaushar Ali, was rushed to India's Indira Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences (IGIMS) with severe stomach aches. Much to the astonishment and surprise of the hospital staff, an X-ray revealed a nine-centimetre mobile phone lodged in his stomach!

View attachment 17831

Dr Manish Mandal, medical superintendent of IGIMS, said the strange case was a first for all the medical professionals involved. 'In my 25-year medical career, this was the first such case that a patient was admitted after swallowing a mobile phone. It was a strange case,' he said.

Mr Ali was reportedly on a phone call when prison authorities arrived for a surprise inspection of his cell. As phone use is banned at the prison facility, he swallowed the device to avoid punishment.

The IGIMS medical staff were able to successfully retrieve the device through his mouth using an endoscopic machine - without needing to perform any surgery.

It’s not the first peculiar case medical personnel have seen as of late. Last month, a 14-year-old Australian boy was taken to Royal Adelaide Hospital after inserting a golf ball into his anus. Although he wasn't in pain, X-ray scans showed the ball had lodged itself into his sigmoid colon, the last part of the large intestine.

Doctors attempted to extract the golf ball for two hours while the boy was under general anaesthetic, including using a suction cup, medical net, quad-prong grasper and a balloon catheter. However, they were unsuccessful. Ultimately, he had to push the ball out himself three hours later with the help of a litre of laxatives…

Folks, here at the Seniors Discount Club, we often find ourselves in disbelief at some of the stories we come across! What strange medical cases have you heard about? Or maybe you have worked in an emergency room yourself and have a few stories to tell? Well, we’d love to hear them! Feel free to share your stories in the comments below.

View attachment 17831

9 inch in the headline is a lot different to 9 centimetres in the story.

I was told by someone who worked in the emergency department of a hospital near Kings Cross Sydney that they often find things lodge that had been inserted into mens anus, those men were usually gay and was put there for sexual purposes. Fifty cents pieces were very common. Also your boys experimenting. Don’t forget mens Gspots are in the anus

My girlfriend, a retired nurse, told me story of a guy who presented with a bananq in his anus.
She said this wasn't particularly unusual but his reason for this happening w
as.
He said he was on a chair adjusting his curtains when he fell and landed in the fruit bowl.
Of course they believed him, NOT. How many people do you know who stand on chairs adjusting curtains with no pants on. Would have thought he would have come up with a better story than that.
She said this was the best story they ever heard.

View attachment 17831

View attachment 17831

A whole meaning to "FORE"

View attachment 17831

When I had my daughter in 1978 I died not once, not twice but 5 times. Every time the staff pulled the sheet over my face a baby's cry would bring me back. I do remember the first time when I was sitting on the ceiling thinking 'Why was my husband crying?' I know that I went to the other side but there is nothing there to keep me there & I had a baby that needed me. I ended up with a file full of my dying episodes.

Heard a story yrs ago from a few parents whose daughters attended a private girls school of a girl who inserted a test tube into her vagina where is broke. Still to this day I can't process why she would have put something so fragile inside herself.

ED dr I know, has had lemons in boys bums with the story of slipping over in the shower.
Light bulbs up the rear end and a girl who wasn't sure if she had left a tampon in or not ... he removed 3.