You won't believe what a child found while eating a Toblerone bar!

Toblerone is one of the most iconic chocolate bars. That unique triangular shape, that creamy milk chocolate taste... What's not to love?

It's no wonder this tasty Swiss treat has been around for over a century now — and the way things are going, it’s going to be around for a hundred years more!

But aside from its deliciousness, there's another reason why Toblerone is so popular. Can you guess what it is?

If you said 'the packaging', then you're absolutely correct!

For some reason, that eye-catching image of the Swiss mountains against a pale yellow background has always managed to stand out on supermarket shelves amid many packs of chocolates.

However, one young boy recently noticed something on the packaging that most people probably haven't seen before — and his discovery has sent shockwaves (the good kind!) across the internet.

DvZCLrXVsAIBkKv.jpg
Can you see it? Credit: Twitter/@upstephanie

A mum named Stephanie shared her 10-year-old son’s discovery on social media.

She said her son was having his first ever Toblerone when he suddenly asked her: ‘What’s the bear for?’

Understandably confused, she replied: ‘What bear?’

Her son then pointed to the mountain found on the left side of Toblerone bars, just beside the letter ‘T’.

And there, amazingly enough, was the outline of a bear in a standing position with its paws facing right.

You have to see it for yourself to believe it!

‘I was today years old when I found out there’s a bear in the Toblerone logo.’ she shared.

Stephanie and her son’s discovery garnered thousands of reactions from stunned people online — some of whom were even asking where the bear was!

‘Seventy-one years old, 50 Christmas Toblerones, and after a search of the package, I finally found the bear. Your son is brilliant!’ a man said.

‘Hidden in full view for 60 plus years for me,’ shared another.

‘I shall think of this for days,’ one man responded. ‘Mainly because I haven’t had a Toblerone for years, and now I want one.’

DvhqGhvU8AEumwD.jpg
Many were surprised to find the bear Stephanie’s son saw on Toblerones. Credit: Twitter/@upstephanie

A quick look at Toblerone’s website reveals that they are upfront about the hidden bear in the logo.

‘See the bear?’ a question on the page asks. ‘Toblerone packages feature a bear on the side of the mountain.’ Neat!

Speaking of bears, another clue as to why a bear of all animals is on the logo is the origin of the renowned bars — Bern, Switzerland, which is also famous for its bears.

It also turns out that the name ‘Toblerone’ is a combination of founder Jean Tobler’s surname and the Italian word ‘Torrone’, which means honey and almond nougat.

And lastly, if you were ever thinking that Toblerone chocolates are shaped the way they are as a tribute to the mountains of Switzerland, then you’re wrong! (Don’t worry, we thought so too…)

The iconic pyramid shapes of Toblerones were inspired by dancers at the Folies Bergère in Paris who performed an acrobatic pyramid pose at the end of their shows.

If this story’s left you wanting more tidbits about Toblerones, fret not!

Did you know you’ve most likely been eating them the wrong way? Read this article to find out why!

So, what is your reaction to this simple yet amazing discovery? Have you spotted the bear before or are you, like us, surprised at the animal hidden in plain and delicious sight?

Tell us your reactions below!

Source: YouTube/Mondelez International

Sponsored
Toblerone is one of the most iconic chocolate bars. That unique triangular shape, that creamy milk chocolate taste... What's not to love?

It's no wonder this tasty Swiss treat has been around for over a century now — and the way things are going, it’s going to be around for a hundred years more!

But aside from its deliciousness, there's another reason why Toblerone is so popular. Can you guess what it is?

If you said 'the packaging', then you're absolutely correct!

For some reason, that eye-catching image of the Swiss mountains against a pale yellow background has always managed to stand out on supermarket shelves amid many packs of chocolates.

However, one young boy recently noticed something on the packaging that most people probably haven't seen before — and his discovery has sent shockwaves (the good kind!) across the internet.

View attachment 9302
Can you see it? Credit: Twitter/@upstephanie

A mum named Stephanie shared her 10-year-old son’s discovery on social media.

She said her son was having his first ever Toblerone when he suddenly asked her: ‘What’s the bear for?’

Understandably confused, she replied: ‘What bear?’

Her son then pointed to the mountain found on the left side of Toblerone bars, just beside the letter ‘T’.

And there, amazingly enough, was the outline of a bear in a standing position with its paws facing right.

You have to see it for yourself to believe it!

‘I was today years old when I found out there’s a bear in the Toblerone logo.’ she shared.

Stephanie and her son’s discovery garnered thousands of reactions from stunned people online — some of whom were even asking where the bear was!

‘Seventy-one years old, 50 Christmas Toblerones, and after a search of the package, I finally found the bear. Your son is brilliant!’ a man said.

‘Hidden in full view for 60 plus years for me,’ shared another.

‘I shall think of this for days,’ one man responded. ‘Mainly because I haven’t had a Toblerone for years, and now I want one.’

View attachment 9301
Many were surprised to find the bear Stephanie’s son saw on Toblerones. Credit: Twitter/@upstephanie

A quick look at Toblerone’s website reveals that they are upfront about the hidden bear in the logo.

‘See the bear?’ a question on the page asks. ‘Toblerone packages feature a bear on the side of the mountain.’ Neat!

Speaking of bears, another clue as to why a bear of all animals is on the logo is the origin of the renowned bars — Bern, Switzerland, which is also famous for its bears.

It also turns out that the name ‘Toblerone’ is a combination of founder Jean Tobler’s surname and the Italian word ‘Torrone’, which means honey and almond nougat.

And lastly, if you were ever thinking that Toblerone chocolates are shaped the way they are as a tribute to the mountains of Switzerland, then you’re wrong! (Don’t worry, we thought so too…)

The iconic pyramid shapes of Toblerones were inspired by dancers at the Folies Bergère in Paris who performed an acrobatic pyramid pose at the end of their shows.

If this story’s left you wanting more tidbits about Toblerones, fret not!

Did you know you’ve most likely been eating them the wrong way? Read this article to find out why!

So, what is your reaction to this simple yet amazing discovery? Have you spotted the bear before or are you, like us, surprised at the animal hidden in plain and delicious sight?

Tell us your reactions below!

Source: YouTube/Mondelez International

I had seen the bear. Everyone teases me that I have a 6th sense to finding animals 😂 I just never knew what he stood for! I’m really intrigued at the story now. I think another day going to waste reading about fascinating stuff then clicking on more links that interest me and before you know it… 😂

Yes I knew when I was 9 years old my Grandmother came to live with us and she love Toblerone and showed me the picture and asked me what I saw and I said a bear. My Grandmother also taught me to cook

Reactions: JayKay and Ricci