You Won't Believe the Shocking State of This Kmart Beauty Section!

A recent video posted on social media shocked even the most loyal of Kmart shoppers, as it showed a section of the store filled with litter and rubbish.

The woman who posted the video said she was 'disgusted' by her visit to the beauty section of her local Kmart store.

In the video, items that had been opened and half-consumed were visible, as were shelves covered in shaving cream and unknown brown particles that could have been spilled beauty products. There was even an unfinished drink in a plastic cup with a straw left on a shelf, which would surely have appalled even the most hardened shoppers.

photo.jpg

A video posted on social media showed a section of Kmart filled with litter and rubbish. Image source: TikTok/uwuwuwu6969420.

'What happened here, a war?' one user commented, which perfectly summarised the state of the beauty section's mess.

Another user commented, 'I feel bad for the workers that have to clean it.'

Other Kmart shoppers commented, 'Mine’s cleaner than clean. They clean it every night.' While another added, 'Which Kmart are you at? Because mine is clean.'

A Kmart employee jumped in the comments, saying that he had seen customers do it before and cleaned up after them so many times.

A spokesperson for Kmart Australia has responded to the video and said the team is working hard to ensure all stores remain up to standard.

'At Kmart, we want everyone to have an enjoyable shopping experience every time they visit us in-store. We have done a lot of work on merchandising our beauty area across all of our stores, including updating the packaging of many of our products to avoid mess,' the Kmart spokesperson said.

'It appears this instance is “an exception to our beauty area standards”, and we always welcome any customer feedback to ensure our stores look their best and our customers have a great shopping experience,' the spokesperson added.

Customer Rights in Australia Relating to Goods and Services

Knowing your consumer rights can be an absolute saving grace as we navigate through the messy sections of stores and supermarket aisles. So, let's go over the basics!

In Australia, when you purchase goods and services, they come with guarantees that they will work and do what you asked for. Consider it a 'handshake agreement' between you, the consumer, and the service or goods provider.

Under the Australian Consumer Law, if a product is not of acceptable quality, does not match its description, or is not fit for its purpose, you may have the right to a refund, repair, or replacement.

If there is a major problem with your purchased item, you can choose whether it should be replaced or refunded.

In a nutshell, if you're a shopper who’s ended up with a messy product or service that’s not up to standard, you have the Australian Consumer Law to help you.

Remember, folks, knowing your customer rights might make that shopping more glorious. After all, shopping should be a joy, not a joust!

So armed with this information, we hope you’ll feel more empowered next time you hit those retail lanes. Stay smart, shop savvy, and remember, you've got rights!

Make sure you report any issues with local stores and services to get the best shopping experience, no matter where you go. And if you’ve had a similar experience, share them with us in the comments section below!

Sponsored
A recent video posted on social media shocked even the most loyal of Kmart shoppers, as it showed a section of the store filled with litter and rubbish.

The woman who posted the video said she was 'disgusted' by her visit to the beauty section of her local Kmart store.

In the video, items that had been opened and half-consumed were visible, as were shelves covered in shaving cream and unknown brown particles that could have been spilled beauty products. There was even an unfinished drink in a plastic cup with a straw left on a shelf, which would surely have appalled even the most hardened shoppers.

View attachment 27212

A video posted on social media showed a section of Kmart filled with litter and rubbish. Image source: TikTok/uwuwuwu6969420.

'What happened here, a war?' one user commented, which perfectly summarised the state of the beauty section's mess.

Other Kmart shoppers commented, 'Mine’s cleaner than clean. They clean it every night.' While another added, 'Which Kmart are you at? Because mine is clean.'

A Kmart employee jumped in the comments, saying that he had seen customers do it before and cleaned up after them so many times.

A spokesperson for Kmart Australia has responded to the video and said the team is working hard to ensure all stores remain up to standard.

'At Kmart, we want everyone to have an enjoyable shopping experience every time they visit us in-store. We have done a lot of work on merchandising our beauty area across all of our stores, including updating the packaging of many of our products to avoid mess,' the Kmart spokesperson said.

'It appears this instance is “an exception to our beauty area standards”, and we always welcome any customer feedback to ensure our stores look their best and our customers have a great shopping experience,' the spokesperson added.

Knowing your consumer rights can be an absolute saving grace as we navigate through the messy sections of stores and supermarket aisles. So, let's go over the basics!

In Australia, when you purchase goods and services, they come with guarantees that they will work and do what you asked for. Consider it a 'handshake agreement' between you, the consumer, and the service or goods provider.

Under the Australian Consumer Law, if a product is not of acceptable quality, does not match its description, or is not fit for its purpose, you may have the right to a refund, repair, or replacement.

If there is a major problem with your purchased item, you can choose whether it should be replaced or refunded.

In a nutshell, if you're a shopper who’s ended up with a messy product or service that’s not up to standard, you have the Australian Consumer Law to help you.

Remember, folks, knowing your customer rights might make that shopping more glorious. After all, shopping should be a joy, not a joust!

So armed with this information, we hope you’ll feel more empowered next time you hit those retail lanes. Stay smart, shop savvy, and remember, you've got rights!

Make sure you report any issues with local stores and services to get the best shopping experience, no matter where you go. And if you’ve had a similar experience, share them with us in the comments section below!

I live between 2 kmarts in the Sydney western suburbs and usually go to the closest one but the whole shop was a complete mess. At 10am there was a half empty fast food container, a bucket and mop with filthy water in it, metal cages with empty boxes blocking the aisles, clothing all over the floor, half empty shelves with new stock piled on the floor and when I ask for assistance for a price on an item that was too heavy for me to lift and take it myself I was just told "not my area" and then they just walked away. Two days later I returned to get some more items and everything was exactly as it was on my previous visit. I emailed head office but got the usual answer as they will look into it. Decided instead to go to the other kmart and that one was not much better. My first job was in kmart and our areas were constantly inspected for cleanliness and tidiness. Even the back in the storage area was looked at.

Sadly, in so many different stores all over Australia some staff just don’t seem to care. It’s seems as if they resent having to do anything except collect their pay. There are some who are the exact opposite.

View attachment 27212

I don't think you can blame Kmart for this. Their stores are cleaned thoroughly at night. Kmart really can't help what some lowlife shoppers get up to in the name of fun. Instead of denigrating the store by video it would have been more helpful to simply report the mess so that staff could clean it up.

I've only noticed one kmart store that was really untidy every time I went in, that was Northlakes in Brisbane. I'm a traveller and have visited many other stores in different states, all were OK (at the time I was there anyway). In Northlakes there were items fallen on the floor, clothes draped untidily, lots of things higgledy piggledy. Looked like a big wind had gone through.

Reactions: Ricci and janj

View attachment 27212

I would say it isn't the store but the filthy grubs that left it that way. Our local Kmart is very clean. Most customers are good and sensible. It's a few irresponsible grubs that have no respect for others.

I don't think you can blame Kmart for this. Their stores are cleaned thoroughly at night. Kmart really can't help what some lowlife shoppers get up to in the name of fun. Instead of denigrating the store by video it would have been more helpful to simply report the mess so that staff could clean it up.
Not the fault of Kmart it’s the pigs who visited the store , maybe they should ban ones like this.

I worked at Kmart and did close which was presenting the store to a high standard and cleaning up all the lazy customer's rubbish who can't be bothered taking it with them. I was even alerted by a shopper that she saw a child being sick and there was vomit in an aisle. The mother didn't even bother to tell a team member and just left it there and walked away. I shouldn't have to clean up vomit. The amount of rubbish that people leave on shelves would amaze you so. You clean an area and before you know it there is more rubbish left. So please don't judge the store and team members, blame the lazy shoppers.

View attachment 27212

Happy to say Casey Melbourne always have a clean store. What kind of customer is shopping in this one. Very piggy

Reactions: Jersey Girl

View attachment 27212

It's the customers that do this! Also K Mart should put in some rubbish bins, there aren't any in my local store.

View attachment 27212

Some people from certain areas think its a joke to play with foaming products. The stores will clean it up immediately if they are told by the customer. They have it on CCTV who did it and can kindly remind them on the way in next time that this behavior is not acceptable. The sooner the shop is notified the sooner it can be cleaned up. I have a friend who owns a small gardening shop, some kids came in and kicked or tipped pot plants on the floor whilst she was serving a customer. She went through the CCTV and came up with clear photos of the 2 kids, printed it off and had it pinned under the counter. Next time they came in she showed them their photo from the previous visit, they were scared stiff. She is a small, one man band and every cent destroyed impacts on her.

View attachment 27212

Who are these entitled people that think leaving all this rubbish and crap on a shelf is ok?

It would

View attachment 27212

Have been left in that state by some ignorant grub who thought they were being funny. You should have found a worker & reported it.

Reactions: Annna and Leenie