You could be sitting on a fortune with this old CorningWare that's now worth $50k!

Many may have dusty old CorningWare gathering dust in their cupboards.

However, the iconic brand—known for its sturdy and classic designs—has recently seen a huge resurgence in popularity, with some vintage pieces commanding jaw-dropping prices.

Since the tragic collapse of the brand's parent company a few months ago, the value of these vintage items has seen a meteoric rise.

The valuation of these beloved household items has doubled when compared to their worth just weeks ago—almost a $25,000 increase on some highly sought-after CorningWare items.

SDC 1.png
CorningWare sets now sells for as high as $50,000 and eBay. Image source: eBay.

Currently, there are two auctions on eBay listing a Buy It Now price of $50,000, and three others with prices between $30,000 and $45,000.

Among the $50,000 auctions, there's a used five-piece CorningWare with the popular 'Wildflowers Spice of Life' pattern, which has already attracted 36 watchers.

In a similar auction, a seller from Victoria has listed another five-piece set in the same enduring design for the same lofty price. Her vintage collection once belonged to their late grandmother.

'Want a good price, otherwise I will be holding onto them as they are lovely!' The seller said.

SDC 2.png
CorningWare with the 'Wildflowers Spice of Life' pattern are especially popular. Image source: eBay.

There is also a four-piece 'Spice of Life' set listed for a slightly lower price of $45,000, which has drawn even more interest.

'No cracks or chips, used and still in good condition. High-quality antique, same family, looked after very well,' the owner said.

An impressive total of 90 CorningWare auctions are currently asking for $10,000 or more on eBay. Some of which are being sold individually for high amounts.

According to an eBay seller, in the recent years, the demand for CorningWare has been steadily growing.

'My mother collected CorningWare and it was very popular back in the day, but it’s been gathering dust in our home for years,' they said.

'I’ve sold off a few pieces—with my mum’s blessing of course—and have made about $9,000 so far.'

'I have another one listed at the moment, which I’m hoping to get around $2,500 for.

'I would never have thought that it could be so valuable. When I was younger, I thought it was just daggy.

'Now it’s making us more money than I ever dreamed.'

Instant Brands—the parent company of iconic brands like CorningWare, Pyrex and other well-known brands—announced bankruptcy on June 14, attributing their downfall to a crippling debt load.

The US company cited high interest rates, tighter credit conditions, and falling consumer demand as reasons for their bankruptcy.

The company and its affiliates reportedly have as much as $1 billion USD ($1.47 billion AUD) in liabilities.
Key Takeaways
  • The value of CorningWare collections has recently increased significantly increased.
  • Some sellers are asking as much as $50,000 for specific vintage pieces on a buy-and-sell website.
  • There are currently over 90 CorningWare items being sold on eBay, with sellers asking for more than $10,000 each.
  • On June 14, US company Instant Brands, which owns CorningWare, filed for bankruptcy.
Members, it’s time to check your cupboards! Let us know if you have these dishes in the comments below!

• Wow
Reactions: Harro1948 and Liag
Sponsored
I'm old but not that old
However I remember that mum had one of those in her cupboard - goodness knows what happened to it

Reactions: Defiant540 and Gsr
I do have this particular one packed in my attic , but not a set just one, I also have the apricot coloured ones. These were my grandmother's and packed away for sentimental reasons.

They arr priced at that on ebay but are they actually selling for that price.

I heard about this around a year or so ago and added to my watch list but haven't actually seen any sell

You can put whatever price you like on an item but it doesn't mean that it will sell. Out of curiosity I have been watching these closely as I have a couple of sets - not that I plan to sell them - but not seen any results as yet. I think it is pie in the sky stuff to be honest. Human nature being as it is, once somebody lists something at an exhorbitant price, all the other sheep follow.

However, the iconic brand—known for its sturdy and classic designs—has recently seen a huge resurgence in popularity, with some vintage pieces commanding jaw-dropping prices.

Since the tragic collapse of the brand's parent company a few months ago, the value of these vintage items has seen a meteoric rise.

The valuation of these beloved household items has doubled when compared to their worth just weeks ago—almost a $25,000 increase on some highly sought-after CorningWare items.

View attachment 33778

Currently, there are two auctions on eBay listing a Buy It Now price of $50,000, and three others with prices between $30,000 and $45,000.

Among the $50,000 auctions, there's a used five-piece CorningWare with the popular 'Wildflowers Spice of Life' pattern, which has already attracted 36 watchers.

In a similar auction, a seller from Victoria has listed another five-piece set in the same enduring design for the same lofty price. Her vintage collection once belonged to their late grandmother.

'Want a good price, otherwise I will be holding onto them as they are lovely!' The seller said.

View attachment 33779
CorningWare with the 'Wildflowers Spice of Life' pattern are especially popular. Image source: eBay.

There is also a four-piece 'Spice of Life' set listed for a slightly lower price of $45,000, which has drawn even more interest.

'No cracks or chips, used and still in good condition. High-quality antique, same family, looked after very well,' the owner said.

An impressive total of 90 CorningWare auctions are currently asking for $10,000 or more on eBay. Some of which are being sold individually for high amounts.

According to an eBay seller, in the recent years, the demand for CorningWare has been steadily growing.

'My mother collected CorningWare and it was very popular back in the day, but it’s been gathering dust in our home for years,' they said.

'I’ve sold off a few pieces—with my mum’s blessing of course—and have made about $9,000 so far.'

'I have another one listed at the moment, which I’m hoping to get around $2,500 for.

'I would never have thought that it could be so valuable. When I was younger, I thought it was just daggy.

Instant Brands—the parent company of iconic brands like CorningWare, Pyrex and other well-known brands—announced bankruptcy on June 14, attributing their downfall to a crippling debt load.

The US company cited high interest rates, tighter credit conditions, and falling consumer demand as reasons for their bankruptcy.

The company and its affiliates reportedly have as much as $1 billion USD ($1.47 billion AUD) in liabilities.
Key Takeaways

• The value of CorningWare collections has recently increased significantly increased.
  • Some sellers are asking as much as $50,000 for specific vintage pieces on a buy-and-sell website.
  • There are currently over 90 CorningWare items being sold on eBay, with sellers asking for more than $10,000 each.
  • On June 14, US company Instant Brands, which owns CorningWare, filed for bankruptcy.
Members, it’s time to check your cupboards! Let us know if you have these dishes in the comments below!
I have corning ware with 3 casserole sizes small, medium and large. They have the blue pattern on them? Are they worth as much as the ones being sold. Just curious.

The stupidity of this is beyond belief. People will now (like they have before) get their old crockery out of the cupboard and see if they can rip people off and sell something that should only be worth a couple of dollars. 'It's only corning ware people!! be real! Why has this raised its head again? One wonders? Where has the push to place this on the SDC site come from? Is it a way of creating hype? Do the auctioneers have a vested interest re-kindling the market for this so more sales mean more commission? I don't care if the company has gone out of business or not, it's just a piece of cooking ware and not an ancient artifact or cup used my Marrie Antoniette just before stated 'Let them eat Cake' or just before she was beheaded.!!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: marni and Gsr
I have one medium casserole dish and two ramekin size in this pattern never expected them to be worth so much/

View attachment 33778

View attachment 33779

Key Takeaways

I used mine the other night. I have a few, and a browning dish which was bought out when microwave ovens became fashionable.

Reactions: Macarj
I have mine from when I left home and also have my mum's. We use these all the time, and they are so convenient in so many ways. Some of the ones we have look the same as in the pics - but no interested in value $, we value them because we use them and have most of our adult life. They should see us through our time.

View attachment 33778

View attachment 33779

Key Takeaways

Admin Please don't laugh - after reading I dragged my corning/casserole dish out of the cupboard, thought wow then dropped it - now have abot 4 large pieces and lots of little bits BUT the lid is intact - haha

I have a couple of those and I use them all the time same picture but mine are square got them given to me by my Grandmother many years ago 1970 to be exact

Reactions: Bellclare