Woolworths worker shares a hidden spot in every store: ‘It’s pretty impressive’

Did you know that Woolworths has some clever tricks that allow its stores to operate smoothly behind the scenes—without customers even realising it?

When you go to the milk fridge section of Woolies, you may notice that there’s a room behind the counter.

Some of you may also have wondered, ‘What’s that room for?’

Well, here’s your answer.

A Woolworths employee has finally revealed the secret behind the milk fridges!

According to Woolworths employee Liam Kirley, this little-known area exists in every store. It allows team members to organise the shelves from behind without interrupting shoppers as they choose cartons from the fridge.

Sharing a video of the sophisticated shelving system on social media, Liam showed how staff can load up the shelves from behind and then let the cartons slide down the aisle effortlessly.

Screenshot 2023-11-07 at 9.27.19 AM.png
Woolworths employee Liam Kirley finally revealed the secret behind the milk fridges. Credit: @woolworths_au / TikTok

'I'm here at Woolworths to show how our milk fridges work,' Liam said in the video.

'It's pretty impressive, trust me. People may think that we stock the fridges from the front, but we don't.’

‘This is what’s behind the doors of the milk fridge. And when we’re about to stock the fridge, we put milk here [on a shelf] and let it roll down. And that's how we stock the milk fridge,’ he said.

Several users online were amazed by the video. One comment from an employee said that they had given the room a nickname at the store where they worked.

‘The milk fridge at my Woolies is called the naughty corner because everyone hates doing the milk,’ they said.

One customer said, ‘Wow, I never knew this. That is amazing.’

Another asked, ‘Is this true?’

One said that that was why they’d seen ‘people back there’. ‘Guess I’m not crazy!’ They added.

Some users were aware of the room.

‘I’m surprised everyone doesn’t know this,’ said one.

You can watch the video below:

If you love to organise your fridge with food and other items, you may want to check out this article we previously posted. In this story, an organising expert shared a video detailing six items homeowners should keep out of their fridges. Read more about it here.

Key Takeaways
  • A Woolworths employee has revealed the existence of a secret room behind the milk fridges in every store.
  • This room allows staff members to restock the milk shelves from behind without interrupting customers.
  • The employee posted a video showing the inside of the room and the sophisticated shelving system used for restocking milk.
  • The revelation surprised many social media users, while others were already aware of this feature in Woolworths stores.

What do you think about this little-known secret? Do you have other supermarket secrets you’d like to share? Let us know in the comments below!

Sponsored
This is a walk-in cool room, for displaying and selling milk!!

Not a secret room, at all!!

Do you think the architects, designing a store layout, sit around, and ask each other "where will we put the naughty corner?" Naw, didn't think so!! :)

Did you know that Woolworths has some clever tricks that allow its stores to operate smoothly behind the scenes—without customers even realising it?

When you go to the milk fridge section of Woolies, you may notice that there’s a room behind the counter.

According to Woolworths employee Liam Kirley, this little-known area exists in every store. It allows team members to organise the shelves from behind without interrupting shoppers as they choose cartons from the fridge.

Sharing a video of the sophisticated shelving system on social media, Liam showed how staff can load up the shelves from behind and then let the cartons slide down the aisle effortlessly.

View attachment 34070
Woolworths employee Liam Kirley finally revealed the secret behind the milk fridges. Credit: @woolworths_au / TikTok

'I'm here at Woolworths to show how our milk fridges work,' Liam said in the video.

'It's pretty impressive, trust me. People may think that we stock the fridges from the front, but we don't.’

‘This is what’s behind the doors of the milk fridge. And when we’re about to stock the fridge, we put milk here [on a shelf] and let it roll down. And that's how we stock the milk fridge,’ he said.

Several users online were amazed by the video. One comment from an employee said that they had given the room a nickname at the store where they worked.

‘The milk fridge at my Woolies is called the naughty corner because everyone hates doing the milk,’ they said.

One said that that was why they’d seen ‘people back there’. ‘Guess I’m not crazy!’ They added.

If you love to organise your fridge with food and other items, you may want to check out this article we previously posted. In this story, an organising expert shared a video detailing six items homeowners should keep out of their fridges. Read more about it here.

Key Takeaways

• A Woolworths employee has revealed the existence of a secret room behind the milk fridges in every store.
  • This room allows staff members to restock the milk shelves from behind without interrupting customers.
  • The employee posted a video showing the inside of the room and the sophisticated shelving system used for restocking milk.
  • The revelation surprised many social media users, while others were already aware of this feature in Woolworths stores.

What do you think about this little-known secret? Do you have other supermarket secrets you’d like to share? Let us know in the comments below!

well wasn't that obvious - I love playing with the staff if I see then stocking the fridge - we usually have a fun conversation and pretend to scare each other.

This clown is a wanker, not to mention we are the ones paying his wages. A blind man on galloping horse can the cold room behind the fridge. Why do you think the shelves are slanted. Well duuhhh, it's to slide the milk in from behind. Give some real news please.

Reactions: Vinylted
Haha...he might as well be! Although Airbus Albo is never in the country!
Yes I see ALBO is the first aussie pm to visit China in 7 years. Australia might be luck and get a visit from Albo as well. Wouldn't that be awesome. Headlines, AUSTRALIAN PM VISITS AUSTRALIA FOR THE FIRST TIME IN HISTORY. AUSSIES ARE LINING UP FOR THIS HISTORICAL EVENT. EVEN THE PALISTINIANS ARE GOING CRAZY WAVING THEIR COUNTRIES FLAGS TO WELCOME HIM. EXCITEMENT HAS CAUSED CHAOS ACROSS THE GLOBE WAITING FOR THIS HISTORICAL EVENT.

View attachment 34070

Key Takeaways

Secret? What secret? It IS NO SECRET!!!! USE YOUR AMN BRAINS AND EYES AND IT IS SIMPLE TO FIGURE OUT! All you (Millenials, since us older people are not so dumb) had to do was peer into the back room behind the milk and use your brain to think why the shelves face downwards and the extra milk is stored in that back room - simple cause they load it from in there and the extra is stored in there.

Geez it is not rocket science!
Stupid Millenial, thinks he's found something exciting and everyone is blind!
These rooms have been in the back of such areas for years and years - hell a supermarket i used to work at even had the same thing for the rest of the dairy as well as all the frozen food! And i used to go into both to load shelves or look for items out of stock on the shelf without bothering to don the mandatory coat and gloves to protect from the cold (because of a screwed up metabolism & temperature system). Lie to see these powderpuff millenial cry-babies who think standard things are new and exciting would handle that!!
This guy needs to quit social media before he bores the internet!

A good little video for pre-schoolers, although ... does this guy know where the milk actually comes from? He could launch an investigation and create a series of videos to cover the milk supply chain. This will elevate the video to Y6 level...

View attachment 34070

Key Takeaways

I worked at franklins 20 years ago all our stock fridge and freezer was packed from the back we had big snow suits to wear

I've seen this so called secret room ages ago. It's not so secret when you can see straight behind the fridge . I've actually opened the fridge door and called out " is anyone there " as there was no skim milk
I've done the same thing! :D