Woolworths worker shares a hidden spot in every store: ‘It’s pretty impressive’

Did you know that Woolworths has some clever tricks that allow its stores to operate smoothly behind the scenes—without customers even realising it?

When you go to the milk fridge section of Woolies, you may notice that there’s a room behind the counter.

Some of you may also have wondered, ‘What’s that room for?’

Well, here’s your answer.

A Woolworths employee has finally revealed the secret behind the milk fridges!

According to Woolworths employee Liam Kirley, this little-known area exists in every store. It allows team members to organise the shelves from behind without interrupting shoppers as they choose cartons from the fridge.

Sharing a video of the sophisticated shelving system on social media, Liam showed how staff can load up the shelves from behind and then let the cartons slide down the aisle effortlessly.

Screenshot 2023-11-07 at 9.27.19 AM.png
Woolworths employee Liam Kirley finally revealed the secret behind the milk fridges. Credit: @woolworths_au / TikTok

'I'm here at Woolworths to show how our milk fridges work,' Liam said in the video.

'It's pretty impressive, trust me. People may think that we stock the fridges from the front, but we don't.’

‘This is what’s behind the doors of the milk fridge. And when we’re about to stock the fridge, we put milk here [on a shelf] and let it roll down. And that's how we stock the milk fridge,’ he said.

Several users online were amazed by the video. One comment from an employee said that they had given the room a nickname at the store where they worked.

‘The milk fridge at my Woolies is called the naughty corner because everyone hates doing the milk,’ they said.

One customer said, ‘Wow, I never knew this. That is amazing.’

Another asked, ‘Is this true?’

One said that that was why they’d seen ‘people back there’. ‘Guess I’m not crazy!’ They added.

Some users were aware of the room.

‘I’m surprised everyone doesn’t know this,’ said one.

You can watch the video below:

If you love to organise your fridge with food and other items, you may want to check out this article we previously posted. In this story, an organising expert shared a video detailing six items homeowners should keep out of their fridges. Read more about it here.

Key Takeaways
  • A Woolworths employee has revealed the existence of a secret room behind the milk fridges in every store.
  • This room allows staff members to restock the milk shelves from behind without interrupting customers.
  • The employee posted a video showing the inside of the room and the sophisticated shelving system used for restocking milk.
  • The revelation surprised many social media users, while others were already aware of this feature in Woolworths stores.

What do you think about this little-known secret? Do you have other supermarket secrets you’d like to share? Let us know in the comments below!

Sponsored
I used to work at Franklins back in the day and I was working in the freezer section and I used to do 90% of my work via the freezer in the back. I suppose we are all a bit older than Liam so we are a bit more knowledgeable than that poor boy. For him is nothing short of a miracle 🙂

Reactions: Penny4
Yes I see ALBO is the first aussie pm to visit China in 7 years. Australia might be luck and get a visit from Albo as well. Wouldn't that be awesome. Headlines, AUSTRALIAN PM VISITS AUSTRALIA FOR THE FIRST TIME IN HISTORY. AUSSIES ARE LINING UP FOR THIS HISTORICAL EVENT. EVEN THE PALISTINIANS ARE GOING CRAZY WAVING THEIR COUNTRIES FLAGS TO WELCOME HIM. EXCITEMENT HAS CAUSED CHAOS ACROSS THE GLOBE WAITING FOR THIS HISTORICAL EVENT.
Having Dutton as PM could be a whole lot worse. Be careful what you wish for lol

Reactions: Veggiepatch
Did you know that Woolworths has some clever tricks that allow its stores to operate smoothly behind the scenes—without customers even realising it?

When you go to the milk fridge section of Woolies, you may notice that there’s a room behind the counter.

According to Woolworths employee Liam Kirley, this little-known area exists in every store. It allows team members to organise the shelves from behind without interrupting shoppers as they choose cartons from the fridge.

Sharing a video of the sophisticated shelving system on social media, Liam showed how staff can load up the shelves from behind and then let the cartons slide down the aisle effortlessly.

View attachment 34070
Woolworths employee Liam Kirley finally revealed the secret behind the milk fridges. Credit: @woolworths_au / TikTok

'I'm here at Woolworths to show how our milk fridges work,' Liam said in the video.

'It's pretty impressive, trust me. People may think that we stock the fridges from the front, but we don't.’

‘This is what’s behind the doors of the milk fridge. And when we’re about to stock the fridge, we put milk here [on a shelf] and let it roll down. And that's how we stock the milk fridge,’ he said.

Several users online were amazed by the video. One comment from an employee said that they had given the room a nickname at the store where they worked.

‘The milk fridge at my Woolies is called the naughty corner because everyone hates doing the milk,’ they said.

One said that that was why they’d seen ‘people back there’. ‘Guess I’m not crazy!’ They added.

If you love to organise your fridge with food and other items, you may want to check out this article we previously posted. In this story, an organising expert shared a video detailing six items homeowners should keep out of their fridges. Read more about it here.

Key Takeaways

• A Woolworths employee has revealed the existence of a secret room behind the milk fridges in every store.
  • This room allows staff members to restock the milk shelves from behind without interrupting customers.
  • The employee posted a video showing the inside of the room and the sophisticated shelving system used for restocking milk.
  • The revelation surprised many social media users, while others were already aware of this feature in Woolworths stores.

What do you think about this little-known secret? Do you have other supermarket secrets you’d like to share? Let us know in the comments below!

This is not new or a secret, it has been that way for many ,many years. By filling from the rear of the fridge the stock is continually kept up to date and not having to be removed to rotate the stock. Even in the bad old days, fridges were big enough for staff to be able to work from inside to restock the shelves.

View attachment 34070

Key Takeaways

I'd have thought this was apparent to everyone. Staff could also use the same for cleaning the milk fridge! Doesn't happen often at my local Woolworth's.

View attachment 34070

Key Takeaways

Seriously !!! Obviously if it's got a shelf life and needs to be kept in the cold fridge then it's going to be stored in a cool room yeh?? ❄️ goodness me. Come to think of it there's another ( secret room ) yes whoa what ?? There is ?? Yes it's behind the meat counters in a lot of stores it's called the meat room or butchers room !! The butchers prepare the meat and package it, goodness me well I'll be a monkeys uncle, you learn something new every day 🤣

This guy is such a dick...pity he doesn't get in and work like the rest of us! Secret room...my @rse!
Sorry, but this worker just makes me cringe! (same as Albo ):ROFLMAO:
I really don’t care about your politics nor your attitude in general. 👎

View attachment 34070

Key Takeaways

View attachment 34070

Key Takeaways

I agree some of your articles are getting stupid

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
please Woolworths, keep him behind the cash register where he can do some good for your customers, and stop wasting money with Advertising agencies producing such inane commercials, when the money spent on them could help employ more workers at the check outs where they are desperately needed each day. 😱🤔😉

Reactions: Iggydi
Hey guys at the club, you need to stop publishing such stupidity.
If someone didn't know about the cool room behind the milk fridges then they walk around with blinkers on or are they blind???
We have to remember that not everyone is our age. How can someone learn things when we the oldies shoot them down in flames. This kid obviously didn’t do any shopping before he got a job at Woolworths so isn’t expected to know how things work.

Come on we need new stories. Not repeats. Maybe something that isn't obvious as the nose on your face.