Woolworths unveils new look for their sale tags – which do you prefer, the old or the new?

It seems like select branches of Woolworths across the country have started rolling out a new look for the price tags of their sale items.

However, not everyone agrees with these changes, such as one Woolies shopper who shared her disinterest in a popular Facebook group.

“Not liking the sale signs at Woolworths,” said Sharon, along with a photo of the new price tags. “You have to look really hard to see them.”

She added that she “does not like” the new designs and would have preferred the previous hanging price tags, where it was a lot easier to see the price from afar.

But her post was met with divided opinions from fellow Woolies shoppers.

ELBoyasB5WfTZDVhd4dPGVZ6FejMp3c2JK8-9lnsxc1aAtnxH5kFBNcyF3tio9TeTeOt2COKTbRbzM82E0bzZkjIVqlLaT_kqFr1h5l3_HUCA0ilZPFuwVqG8vSLR16ii0-xILS3

People are divided over the new sale tags at Woolworths. Credit: Facebook/Markdown Addicts Australia.

Many shoppers agreed with Sharon, saying they do not approve of the new smaller labels as well.

“One of our new stores has this and I agree with you, I don’t like them either,” wrote one, while another added: ““Some of the newer stores near me use these and I just don’t shop there because of those pesky tiny tickets.”

A third person wrote: “I would miss these, I look for the size of the tags. I can barely read those white ones as is.”

Some customers even pointed out that having smaller price tags would mean a lot more work for their staff since they can’t just “stick it on”.

One former staffer commented: “As someone who used to get to work at 5 am every Wednesday to replace all the specials tickets, this seems like so much more work for their staff!”

They also brought up how the new tags were not “disability-friendly” at all.

“As someone who’s colourblind and has bad eyes, I actually browse to see long tags, not stop to look at a million tiny tags to see what’s on sale,” wrote one person.

“A person with colour blindness or other visual impairments may have some difficulties with the change,” said another.

But of course, not everyone was opposed to the changes.

One Woolies employee pointed out that these labels won’t get “ripped off” like the previous hanging ones. They also make it easier to identify which products are on sale and which are not.

“You have no idea how many people ask me if something is on special when the rest of the same brand is because one doesn't have a ticket,” they said.

Another shopper said the new signs were more convenient for smaller items, saying: “It does look better though, especially when they have twenty tiny items like makeup on sale, and all you see is a sea of huge sale tags that overlap each other.”

yqe66cCfCYsw4h_9oqQwOpNPKKpQ-Ohb52KQVLf487GtzK9KP5qzuQbMBHCdYoEUDmhKmxQ13z1nDAZa2YvMjjKkbwUg_K2M0Ra-U26XMpeuISPPyHrmLF0hiNBz9Yjml94CV63h

The previous hanging price tags at Woolworths were said to be “too big”, according to some shoppers. Credit: Facebook.

Woolworths has been notified of the customer feedback and said that the new “electronic shelf labels” are being trialled over the last twelve months, in order to reduce paper waste and conserve staff resources.

“These electronic labels are designed to reduce paper, update the latest prices and specials in real-time and reduce manual ticketing to allow our team to focus on serving customers and replenishing shelves,” said a spokesperson.

“We appreciate these customers’ feedback on the trial and will continue to gather more feedback over the coming months.”

Looks like not every Woolworths has adapted the new sign yet!

Have you been to Woolies recently, and have you noticed any changes? So, do you prefer the old price tags or the new ones?

Share your thoughts with us in the comments below!

Sponsored
Woolworths unveils new look for their sale tags – which do you prefer, the old or the new?

It seems like select branches of Woolworths across the country have started rolling out a new look for the price tags of their sale items.

However, not everyone agrees with these changes, such as one Woolies shopper who shared her disinterest in a popular Facebook group.

“Not liking the sale signs at Woolworths,” said Sharon, along with a photo of the new price tags. “You have to look really hard to see them.”

She added that she “does not like” the new designs and would have preferred the previous hanging price tags, where it was a lot easier to see the price from afar.

ELBoyasB5WfTZDVhd4dPGVZ6FejMp3c2JK8-9lnsxc1aAtnxH5kFBNcyF3tio9TeTeOt2COKTbRbzM82E0bzZkjIVqlLaT_kqFr1h5l3_HUCA0ilZPFuwVqG8vSLR16ii0-xILS3

People are divided over the new sale tags at Woolworths. Credit: Facebook/Markdown Addicts Australia.

Many shoppers agreed with Sharon, saying they do not approve of the new smaller labels as well.

“One of our new stores has this and I agree with you, I don’t like them either,” wrote one, while another added: ““Some of the newer stores near me use these and I just don’t shop there because of those pesky tiny tickets.”

A third person wrote: “I would miss these, I look for the size of the tags. I can barely read those white ones as is.”

Some customers even pointed out that having smaller price tags would mean a lot more work for their staff since they can’t just “stick it on”.

One former staffer commented: “As someone who used to get to work at 5 am every Wednesday to replace all the specials tickets, this seems like so much more work for their staff!”

“As someone who’s colourblind and has bad eyes, I actually browse to see long tags, not stop to look at a million tiny tags to see what’s on sale,” wrote one person.

“A person with colour blindness or other visual impairments may have some difficulties with the change,” said another.

One Woolies employee pointed out that these labels won’t get “ripped off” like the previous hanging ones. They also make it easier to identify which products are on sale and which are not.

“You have no idea how many people ask me if something is on special when the rest of the same brand is because one doesn't have a ticket,” they said.

Another shopper said the new signs were more convenient for smaller items, saying: “It does look better though, especially when they have twenty tiny items like makeup on sale, and all you see is a sea of huge sale tags that overlap each other.”

yqe66cCfCYsw4h_9oqQwOpNPKKpQ-Ohb52KQVLf487GtzK9KP5qzuQbMBHCdYoEUDmhKmxQ13z1nDAZa2YvMjjKkbwUg_K2M0Ra-U26XMpeuISPPyHrmLF0hiNBz9Yjml94CV63h

The previous hanging price tags at Woolworths were said to be “too big”, according to some shoppers. Credit: Facebook.

Woolworths has been notified of the customer feedback and said that the new “electronic shelf labels” are being trialled over the last twelve months, in order to reduce paper waste and conserve staff resources.

“These electronic labels are designed to reduce paper, update the latest prices and specials in real-time and reduce manual ticketing to allow our team to focus on serving customers and replenishing shelves,” said a spokesperson.

“We appreciate these customers’ feedback on the trial and will continue to gather more feedback over the coming months.”

Have you been to Woolies recently, and have you noticed any changes? So, do you prefer the old price tags or the new ones?

Then it’s simple have a tag half way between size !!!!

Having a slight sight problem I prefer the LARGE signs and I'm not the only one. Keep the larger sign please

I must admit that the new ones are really hard to see and notice!

Having worked for a while in retail management I know that I had to employ one person full time solely to change and maintain shelf labels. It's a soul destroying job and takes a certain type of person who has patience and an eye for detail to ensure the right label for the right product. Anything that helps with this job is long overdue but I'm not sure that this is the right answer.

Reactions: Liz and Dwal
Having worked for a while in retail management I know that I had to employ one person full time solely to change and maintain shelf labels. It's a soul destroying job and takes a certain type of person who has patience and an eye for detail to ensure the right label for the right product. Anything that helps with this job is long overdue but I'm not sure that this is the right answer.
I am all for helping staff and easing their load!! As you said, I wonder if this is the best answer to the issue at hand.

Reactions: Ricci

Like the OLD ones better, my sight is not too good, so i can see the old ones easier.

Doesn't someone still have to replace the tickets though?

Reactions: Titch and Ricci
I actually couldn’t find a particular product it was low down and hidden by the yellow ticket specials above it, the actual Woolworths girl found it and and said …look it’s hidden behind all these specials tickets on the shelf above 😂🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 68autobug and Ricci
NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO!!!
This latest stunt by Marketing and MANAGEMENT MORONS is pure DISCRIMINATION against all customers, who are Vision Impared, Colour Blind, Movement Challenged with Spinal Injuries that impedes bending down to attempt reading these miniscule shelf labels, the elderly, foreign shoppers, and tourists. We do not want and will not accept this idiocy of more miniscule shelf tags for sale, specials, reductions, and stock clearances.
Woolworths proves again that it DOES NOT CARE ABOUT CUSTOMERS!

Removing the standard Sales Tickets, and intentionally making them so small that they CANNOT BE READ PROPERLY by 90% of their customers is despicable!

I strongly support all WOW STOCK HOLDERS demanding that all WOW senior management only ride push scooters from now on because their company vehicles POLLUTE the atmosphere!!!
You want to be "green"?
Start with removing every executive vehicle!
Leave the larger display tickets alone.
They must be replaced as each sale comes along, so WHY MAKE IT MORE DIFFICULT THAN EVER BEFORE?!

Find a brain and work out how to use it!

Why not go half way with size

Reactions: Ricci