Woolworths shopper expresses confusion over 'deluxe' Christmas Bon Bons!

Christmas cakes, pies, puddings, chocolates, and other treats have started appearing in supermarkets, signalling that Christmas is getting closer and closer.

Among these holiday odds and ends are the classic Christmas bon bons. These colourful tubes surely do bring back memories of celebrations spent with loved ones!

However, one Woolworths shopper was in for a shock when they decided to take a closer look at the $15 bon bon they spotted in the store.

He expressed his confusion on social media when he saw a metal spring, a piece of string, a bulldog clip and a keyring included in the 'Deluxe' Christmas Bon Bons.

'I'm in Woolworths in the middle of November, a couple of months before Christmas. I get that, right,’ he said in the video.

phoot.jpg
A Woolworths shopper shared on social media the trinkets inside the ‘Deluxe’ Christmas Bon Bons. Credit: @roymaloy4 / TikTok

'These bon bons are for sale, and you get to see what’s in them by looking at the back.’

‘Let me show you what’s in these bon bons, right. There’s a spring with a paperclip, there’s what I presume is a bookmark.’

‘I have no idea what that is, I think it’s a piece of string. A padlock, if you need a padlock.’

‘Like it’s Christmas morning, and you pull your cracker, and you get tweezers.’

‘I get this one, it’s a keyring. And equally, that’s a bottle opener.’

‘But this is literally one of the prizes—a bulldog clip is one of the prizes.'

He picked up the box and repeated, ‘In one of these is a bulldog clip.’

Watch the video below:

Several online users were shocked by the contents of the 'Deluxe' Bon Bons.

One commented, ‘Sounds like they raided the junk drawer for that stuff.’

‘Gotta get rid of their excess office stock somehow,’ another said.

‘What’s next, Q tips and banana peels? This is one step above trash,’ a third said.

Another wrote, ‘It’s like the factory forgot to buy little toys to put in there, so they just used office supplies.’

Screenshot 2023-11-08 at 1.47.25 PM.png
Items inside the ‘Deluxe’ Christmas Bon Bons. Credit: Woolworths

This isn’t the first time Woolworths received backlash with its preparations for the holiday season.

In a previous story, several Everyday Rewards members were disappointed when a certain feature was not appearing in their Everyday Rewards app. Read more about it here.

Key Takeaways
  • Woolworths has received criticism over the trinkets included in its Deluxe Christmas Bon Bons.
  • A customer shared the seemingly underwhelming items on social media.
  • The post triggered surprise and disbelief from many social media users, with some suggesting the supermarket was simply offloading excess office supplies.
  • The contents of the Bon Bons were revealed on the box packaging, prompting the shopper to document his discovery in a video.

Members, what do you think of this shopper’s discovery? Have you also experienced this when opening Christmas Bon Bons? Share them in the comments below!

Sponsored
Christmas cakes, pies, puddings, chocolates, and other treats have started appearing in supermarkets, signalling that Christmas is getting closer and closer.

Among these holiday odds and ends are the classic Christmas bon bons. These colourful tubes surely do bring back memories of celebrations spent with loved ones!

However, one Woolworths shopper was in for a shock when they decided to take a closer look at the $15 bon bon they spotted in the store.

He expressed his confusion on social media when he saw a metal spring, a piece of string, a bulldog clip and a keyring included in the 'Deluxe' Christmas Bon Bons.

'I'm in Woolworths in the middle of November, a couple of months before Christmas. I get that, right,’ he said in the video.

View attachment 34172
A Woolworths shopper shared on social media the trinkets inside the ‘Deluxe’ Christmas Bon Bons. Credit: @roymaloy4 / TikTok

'These bon bons are for sale, and you get to see what’s in them by looking at the back.’

‘Let me show you what’s in these bon bons, right. There’s a spring with a paperclip, there’s what I presume is a bookmark.’

‘I have no idea what that is, I think it’s a piece of string. A padlock, if you need a padlock.’

Watch the video below:

‘What’s next, Q tips and banana peels? This is one step above trash,’ a third said.

Another wrote, ‘It’s like the factory forgot to buy little toys to put in there, so they just used office supplies.’

View attachment 34173

This isn’t the first time Woolworths received backlash with its preparations for the holiday season.

In a previous story, several Everyday Rewards members were disappointed when a certain feature was not appearing in their Everyday Rewards app. Read more about it here.

Key Takeaways

• Woolworths has received criticism over the trinkets included in its Deluxe Christmas Bon Bons.
  • The post triggered surprise and disbelief from many social media users, with some suggesting the supermarket was simply offloading excess office supplies.
  • The contents of the Bon Bons were revealed on the box packaging, prompting the shopper to document his discovery in a video.

Members, what do you think of this shopper’s discovery? Have you also experienced this when opening Christmas Bon Bons? Share them in the comments below!

Seriously where’s the fun in those🤔they look extremely dangerous. Should not be on the shelves woollies.👎

A lot of those look like choking hazards for small children. Christmas bonbons used to have a "hat" you could wear at the dinner table & usually a silly question & answer. Why do we need all this rubbish to have around the dinner table?

Do not need the rubbish 'hat' or the ridiculous 'joke'.

If the companies/supermarkets want to sell these things for $20-$30+, they'd need to ensure that the surprise is somewhat worthwhile (please don't reply with "hats and jokes may be worthwhile to some people" because the operative word there would be 'some people').

Reactions: PattiB and Macarj
Last year I bought Bunnings bonbons, they were a bit more expensive but they had a tool or a set of marker pens in them. Plus a hat and a joke. The tools were good quality and useful. I will buy them again this year. Years ago I used to buy Cadbury bonbons, they had chocolates in them with a hat and joke, but I can never find them anymore.

View attachment 34172

Watch the video below:

View attachment 34173

Key Takeaways

its why I make my own Bon Bons.

People buy this stuff and then throw it in the bin. What a waste of money. Spend the money on a gift or something useful.

Reactions: Leenie
What in the hell were the Woolworths team ever thinking that these bonbons would be a 'good buy' and that shoppers would flock to buy them for Christmas....wake up Woolworths, this is absolute crap. 😱💩💩💩💩

I’ve made my own bonbons for years. It costs a bit more as I tailor the gifts & name each bonbon so everyone gets a useful small gift as well as a a funny joke. I do use snapper things but haven’t stretched to hats yet though do include toffees & chocolates.

View attachment 34172

Watch the video below:

View attachment 34173

Key Takeaways

Bloody garbage 🗑 for what you pay 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

View attachment 34172

Watch the video below:

View attachment 34173

Key Takeaways

Bloody garbage 🗑 for what you pay 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬
Bloody outrageous! 🤯

Reactions: magpie1

View attachment 34172

Watch the video below:

View attachment 34173

Key Takeaways

👎