Woolworths roast chickens are now priced…WHAT?

These days, rising inflation is making every grocery trip more expensive.

Many of you members know all too well how prices just keep climbing on essential items like meat and veggies.

But one Woolworths store took things to a new level by pricing a roast chicken at a jaw-dropping $240!

To put this into perspective, a typical roast chicken usually costs $12, which means the price of this particular chicken has skyrocketed by a staggering 1,900 per cent.

Now, you might be wondering what led to this situation and why such a dramatic price hike occurred…

Screenshot 2023-10-24 at 2.39.30 PM.png
Woolworths shoppers were stunned after spotting a hot chook being sold for hundreds more than the original price. Credit: Instagram.

One shopper who frequented the same store speculated that this may have resulted from inexperienced trainees.

‘They got newbie staff in training in the deli, I believe,’ she commented.

‘Yesterday, I requested 250g of ham and ended up with 560g. Ham overload! We certainly love our ham!’

However, most Aussie shoppers found the incident silly and even hilarious!

One woman didn't mind the price, emphasising how much she values the taste of Woolworths' roast chickens, saying: ‘Worth it. Best BBQ chicken around.’

Others jokingly speculated about why this particular chicken was so pricey.

Some thought it must have been an exceptionally talented bird, perhaps winning first prize at a Royal Show. Others playfully suggested it was a designer-label meal, comparing it to Dolce & Gabbana or Louis Vuitton.

Someone even whimsically asked if it might lay golden eggs! (But a bit too late for that, eh?)

A Woolworths spokesperson acknowledged that the pricing error had ‘ruffled some feathers’, reassuring customers that it was a one-off mistake and that their roast chickens are still available at $12.

However, it appears that this type of mistake is not as rare as they claim. We recently reported a similar incident where a roast chicken was mistakenly sold for $336.66.

Fortunately, Woolworths was understanding and promptly issued a full refund to the affected shopper. This incident was attributed to a computer glitch.

This situation has left many shoppers feeling uneasy. They wonder if such glitches could happen to any of us and what would occur if we failed to notice it…

Key Takeaways

• Woolworths shoppers were surprised to find a roast chicken priced at $240 at the Hilton Plaza store in Adelaide.
  • The overpriced chicken had a 1,900 per cent increase from its usual cost of $12.
  • Some saw the inaccurate pricing as a potential indicator of future inflation, while others viewed it humorously, suggesting it was a luxury designer meal or a specially talented bird.
  • A Woolworths spokesperson acknowledged 'the pricing error ruffled some feathers' and confirmed their roast chickens are usually priced at $12.

What are your thoughts, members? Has anything similar happened to you in the supermarket as well? Share your stories with us in the comments below; we’d love to read them!

Sponsored

Many of you members know all too well how prices just keep climbing on essential items like meat and veggies.

But one Woolworths store took things to a new level by pricing a roast chicken at a jaw-dropping $240!

To put this into perspective, a typical roast chicken usually costs $12, which means the price of this particular chicken has skyrocketed by a staggering 1,900 per cent.

Now, you might be wondering what led to this situation and why such a dramatic price hike occurred…

View attachment 32922
Woolworths shoppers were stunned after spotting a hot chook being sold for hundreds more than the original price. Credit: Instagram.

One shopper who frequented the same store speculated that this may have resulted from inexperienced trainees.

‘Yesterday, I requested 250g of ham and ended up with 560g. Ham overload! We certainly love our ham!’

One woman didn't mind the price, emphasising how much she values the taste of Woolworths' roast chickens, saying: ‘Worth it. Best BBQ chicken around.’

Some thought it must have been an exceptionally talented bird, perhaps winning first prize at a Royal Show. Others playfully suggested it was a designer-label meal, comparing it to Dolce & Gabbana or Louis Vuitton.

Someone even whimsically asked if it might lay golden eggs! (But a bit too late for that, eh?)

A Woolworths spokesperson acknowledged that the pricing error had ‘ruffled some feathers’, reassuring customers that it was a one-off mistake and that their roast chickens are still available at $12.

However, it appears that this type of mistake is not as rare as they claim. We recently reported a similar incident where a roast chicken was mistakenly sold for $336.66.

Fortunately, Woolworths was understanding and promptly issued a full refund to the affected shopper. This incident was attributed to a computer glitch.

This situation has left many shoppers feeling uneasy. They wonder if such glitches could happen to any of us and what would occur if we failed to notice it…

Key Takeaways

• Woolworths shoppers were surprised to find a roast chicken priced at $240 at the Hilton Plaza store in Adelaide.
  • The overpriced chicken had a 1,900 per cent increase from its usual cost of $12.
  • Some saw the inaccurate pricing as a potential indicator of future inflation, while others viewed it humorously, suggesting it was a luxury designer meal or a specially talented bird.
  • A Woolworths spokesperson acknowledged 'the pricing error ruffled some feathers' and confirmed their roast chickens are usually priced at $12.

What are your thoughts, members? Has anything similar happened to you in the supermarket as well? Share your stories with us in the comments below; we’d love to read them!
These Companies are owned by the wealthiest in the World BlackRock, Vanguard and Statestreet, they own Our Supermarkets Coles and Woollies and about everything in them their Profits are excessive ,it's Time they were challenged for their monopoly in this area

These Companies are owned by the wealthiest in the World BlackRock, Vanguard and Statestreet, they own Our Supermarkets Coles and Woollies and about everything in them their Profits are excessive ,it's Time they were challenged for their monopoly in this area
They are shareholders is that the same as owning outright🤔

I don't think this is a post that is of any use to anyone and is a waste of opportunity to post something that really matters. If the post is intended to create discussion, anxiety in some, or just general banter then SDC should re-visit the purpose for this website. This is not what this site should promote whether intentionally or unintentionally. One would wonder why I still subscribe to the site? I suppose it's my interest in viewing how some social media outlets present their information and are of value to the community in what really matters. In some instances, SDC are and have been very good, in others they have fallen way short, just like this one.

An example of a good post that may have taken up this space could be something like foods that typical seniors consume which are damaging to their health and perhaps provide a snapshot of this to every post with links to further reading. This could be done on a regular basis. Of course, that would require skills and good research in order to ensure the article is accurate and contemporary. What a perfect opportunity to form partnerships with those that can contribute in this way.

Sure, where to find weekly specials is important to some and we should have no issue with that. However, what is more important is our health. Without that we have no real future. As I've stated before SDC could and should become a leader in this field.

I personally think it's time to re-visit your vision, mission and objectives.

I don't think this is a post that is of any use to anyone and is a waste of opportunity to post something that really matters. If the post is intended to create discussion, anxiety in some, or just general banter then SDC should re-visit the purpose for this website. This is not what this site should promote whether intentionally or unintentionally. One would wonder why I still subscribe to the site? I suppose it's my interest in viewing how some social media outlets present their information and are of value to the community in what really matters. In some instances, SDC are and have been very good, in others they have fallen way short, just like this one.

An example of a good post that may have taken up this space could be something like foods that typical seniors consume which are damaging to their health and perhaps provide a snapshot of this to every post with links to further reading. This could be done on a regular basis. Of course, that would require skills and good research in order to ensure the article is accurate and contemporary. What a perfect opportunity to form partnerships with those that can contribute in this way.

Sure, where to find weekly specials is important to some and we should have no issue with that. However, what is more important is our health. Without that we have no real future. As I've stated before SDC could and should become a leader in this field.

I personally think it's time to re-visit your vision, mission and objectives.
😮wow impressive

View attachment 32922

Key Takeaways

Really. Are people so gullible to believe such a thing. It was a mistake.

View attachment 32922

Key Takeaways

Wrongly priced items are not rare. This is why I always like a receipt and I can check it instantly outside the shop. A number of times I have found errors and gone straight back in. So many do not even take or check their receipts. Maybe that is one reason they want you to have digital ones ;)

Reactions: Tervueren
Another thing I have noticed and has happened to me twice now in Coles, double charge for 1 item as you swipe on self checkout. Fortunately the assistant saw it and told me but I didn’t get the item free she just deleted the one charge.
Just be aware coz those scanners are very sensitive and if you cough or blink you might get charged for that too!

• Haha
Reactions: Tervueren
Woolworths have changed the size of the Roast chook that they now sell for$12.......it is so SMALL.
Not so long ago they were selling much LARGER chooks for $10. If they want to give their customers value for money when they shop, then they should start buying the LARGER chooks again and again sell them for $10. 🤔😱😂

Woolworths have changed the size of the Roast chook that they now sell for$12.......it is so SMALL.
Not so long ago they were selling much LARGER chooks for $10. If they want to give their customers value for money when they shop, then they should start buying the LARGER chooks again and again sell them for $10. 🤔😱😂
I get mine for nothing.

By stuffing them down my trackpants.....

Reactions: Littleboy8