Woolworths employee who was stabbed in the supermarket speaks up about the incident

It seems like we need to keep our guards up no matter where we are nowadays, as even supermarkets aren’t entirely safe. One Woolworths worker encountered a nightmare-ish assault during her shift – and she recently revealed the details of the traumatic experience.

Donna Grocott, 44, was rushed to the hospital with a 40-centimetre filleting knife in her back after she was stabbed at a Woolworths store in Ellenbrook, Western Australia, on Tuesday afternoon.

Her finger was also badly injured during the assault. Ms Grocott, who is now recovering at home, said that she felt ‘incredibly lucky’ to be alive.

UozX8OGf4sd5p-7isMUTUbEorPch79J_ItXgMjPBDMfC3ToXE9l9TBUQRNbNo-r0hV3pbeVt6wAodhGMjfsiucUpD7X_O8O9fDu0F3-rozAvTFQ_sv8KCYGYm_8HxRv8_HsL87OuMM7BpgF442Lhack

Ms Grocott was stabbed while working. Source: PerthNow

‘I’d like to thank the people who helped me at the store, the emergency responders, and the hospital staff for taking care of me,’ she said.

‘I feel very fortunate that my injuries aren’t worse.’

Ms Grocott divulged feeling so traumatised by the incident to the point where she is unsure if she will ever return to work at the store.

Fortunately, Ms Grocott’s worries can be slightly eased as Cassandra Hickling, the alleged culprit, has been charged with attempted murder and faced Midland Magistrates Court on Wednesday.

According to The West, Hickling had been receiving treatment at Midland Community Mental Health before the incident. During her Court appearance, her lawyer asked for a further mental health assessment.

dU9GrfyqCZ9PWdyvTvb-MKn_iBmgfmldTzw7PZPOE2DIqtJGI-SKa_Z-39Ls7EULcdhSHhxKRJuh3A6rMKILw17l_l-LDOOrjYgAl6ZMOHK6dm4PJFDxQDgs6x-WYLtUbHaD82h0GkX9ooyJEyDefNQ
vL1ZXSGqNSrMDNtgxgMsKdoL4MHL0xHjqa3R2rgqAbTtkoHfXtoZnPrg5RxY1gtTGcGcUGlMSIvlrZXGYCcN8Ne5xTdhLEgYYQX2fFI5shTvFA3DcX6t9kdjD1EJ7i96YItxOe8SqveI2Gla7ogV-H4

The employee was rushed to the hospital after the assault. Source: The West

Her social media accounts, which have since been shut down, showed several photos of her feet. As she was found to have an ‘OnlyFans’ account as well, this suggests that Hickling makes a living from selling images of her feet.

But according to her ‘LinkedIn’ profile–which is a professional networking platform–she works as an environmental health officer.

Police disclosed on Tuesday that Ms Grocott had no idea who her alleged attacker was and there was no prior interaction between them before the assault.

aKBJyY7YHgIv3VF2dXxkbstvSNIlMH5zXQ9VgOQYNbOjbeD9-cbZQA5ufV_hsDpMPkzRii6pDoIhSUKSeCX8JRaDmpHEnjdHQHQh9uCwuHnab8tRKcuZSyKw8dQjqi6LzKTcBIsX2dgb2yQetwl4lg0
LGwKOBqdwXQKnMzYsg16NZCBgcBFie59q4SPJnJ6Kvw8azrZu3TPmFfj9Z1LLJ2rBpWXOBMk-2qshQ_U9PZi0fdqrhSZ8aNBfL6kftZg_G4a-vudjRNohuU1jXdtQDKceERTTPcq15ILr4tOT-5ny3M

Cassandra Hickling is a foot model on OnlyFans. Source: The West, news.com.au

‘There was nothing said or anything to indicate that this was going to happen,’ Midland Police Detective Sergeant Tania MacKenzie stated.

‘It is something I’ve never heard of happening before in my career. It was just someone going about their day-to-day work, stacking shelves in the shopping centre.’

‘There was no one else in the aisle and she was approached by the suspect, who stabbed her with a filleting knife.’

A spokesperson for Woolworths said that counselling will be offered to Ms Grocott following the ordeal.

‘We’re providing every support to the team member and their loved ones at this time,’ they said.

Stay safe, everyone. Always be cautious about strangers approaching you. What are your thoughts on this shocking incident? Let us know in the comments below!

Sponsored
We are lucky we live in a relevantly safe country where this is a rare event.

This is something though working in a public place that could happen at any time

Mental illness is very real and all it takes is to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

My daughter inlaws brother suffers mental illness and at times he is not safe to be around unfortunately there isn't much help for him. He is given meds, sometimes hospitalised then let out given more meds his mum has to try to get him to take them , if he doesn't take them he then becomes paranoid and so the vicious circle begins.

It seems like we need to keep our guards up no matter where we are nowadays, as even supermarkets aren’t entirely safe. One Woolworths worker encountered a nightmare-ish assault during her shift – and she recently revealed the details of the traumatic experience.

Donna Grocott, 44, was rushed to the hospital with a 40-centimetre filleting knife in her back after she was stabbed at a Woolworths store in Ellenbrook, Western Australia, on Tuesday afternoon.

Her finger was also badly injured during the assault. Ms Grocott, who is now recovering at home, said that she felt ‘incredibly lucky’ to be alive.

UozX8OGf4sd5p-7isMUTUbEorPch79J_ItXgMjPBDMfC3ToXE9l9TBUQRNbNo-r0hV3pbeVt6wAodhGMjfsiucUpD7X_O8O9fDu0F3-rozAvTFQ_sv8KCYGYm_8HxRv8_HsL87OuMM7BpgF442Lhack

‘I’d like to thank the people who helped me at the store, the emergency responders, and the hospital staff for taking care of me,’ she said.

Ms Grocott divulged feeling so traumatised by the incident to the point where she is unsure if she will ever return to work at the store.

Fortunately, Ms Grocott’s worries can be slightly eased as Cassandra Hickling, the alleged culprit, has been charged with attempted murder and faced Midland Magistrates Court on Wednesday.

According to The West, Hickling had been receiving treatment at Midland Community Mental Health before the incident. During her Court appearance, her lawyer asked for a further mental health assessment.

dU9GrfyqCZ9PWdyvTvb-MKn_iBmgfmldTzw7PZPOE2DIqtJGI-SKa_Z-39Ls7EULcdhSHhxKRJuh3A6rMKILw17l_l-LDOOrjYgAl6ZMOHK6dm4PJFDxQDgs6x-WYLtUbHaD82h0GkX9ooyJEyDefNQ
vL1ZXSGqNSrMDNtgxgMsKdoL4MHL0xHjqa3R2rgqAbTtkoHfXtoZnPrg5RxY1gtTGcGcUGlMSIvlrZXGYCcN8Ne5xTdhLEgYYQX2fFI5shTvFA3DcX6t9kdjD1EJ7i96YItxOe8SqveI2Gla7ogV-H4

Her social media accounts, which have since been shut down, showed several photos of her feet. As she was found to have an ‘OnlyFans’ account as well, this suggests that Hickling makes a living from selling images of her feet.

But according to her ‘LinkedIn’ profile–which is a professional networking platform–she works as an environmental health officer.

Police disclosed on Tuesday that Ms Grocott had no idea who her alleged attacker was and there was no prior interaction between them before the assault.

aKBJyY7YHgIv3VF2dXxkbstvSNIlMH5zXQ9VgOQYNbOjbeD9-cbZQA5ufV_hsDpMPkzRii6pDoIhSUKSeCX8JRaDmpHEnjdHQHQh9uCwuHnab8tRKcuZSyKw8dQjqi6LzKTcBIsX2dgb2yQetwl4lg0
LGwKOBqdwXQKnMzYsg16NZCBgcBFie59q4SPJnJ6Kvw8azrZu3TPmFfj9Z1LLJ2rBpWXOBMk-2qshQ_U9PZi0fdqrhSZ8aNBfL6kftZg_G4a-vudjRNohuU1jXdtQDKceERTTPcq15ILr4tOT-5ny3M

‘There was nothing said or anything to indicate that this was going to happen,’ Midland Police Detective Sergeant Tania MacKenzie stated.

‘It is something I’ve never heard of happening before in my career. It was just someone going about their day-to-day work, stacking shelves in the shopping centre.’

‘There was no one else in the aisle and she was approached by the suspect, who stabbed her with a filleting knife.’

A spokesperson for Woolworths said that counselling will be offered to Ms Grocott following the ordeal.

‘We’re providing every support to the team member and their loved ones at this time,’ they said.

Stay safe, everyone. Always be cautious about strangers approaching you. What are your thoughts on this shocking incident? Let us know in the comments below!

This is horrific, my thoughts are with you in your recovery. I remember my sister who was a woolies employee, left work and was held up at knife point when getting into her car...all for $20. Evidence showed he followed her from the store. Luckily she was not physically injured by the culprit, but it took it's toll on her and she felt very unsafe for a long time.

This is horrific, my thoughts are with you in your recovery. I remember my sister who was a woolies employee, left work and was held up at knife point when getting into her car...all for $20. Evidence showed he followed her from the store. Luckily she was not physically injured by the culprit, but it took it's toll on her and she felt very unsafe for a long time.
This would scar someone for a very long time if not for life. I hope your sister is OK now

They were just saying that interia designer Shaynna Blaze was attacked from behind while walking her dog in Melbourne. The attacker suffers from mental issues . Shaynna was a judge on the blick as well as selling houses Australia. Lucky she is OK

Reactions: Ricci

Sadly there is nothing being one that will prevent these attacks by mentally unbalanced or drug affected people. They slip through the gaps between the legal system and the health system. This person will face court and be declared unit to plead, be given medical care that helps her deal with the problem and then released into society in a few days time when it is decided "she's better now", for the same thing to happen
when she doesn't take her medication or decides to take an illicit substance or alcohol. Maybe a case for bringing back the lunatic asylums.

Sadly there is nothing being one that will prevent these attacks by mentally unbalanced or drug affected people. They slip through the gaps between the legal system and the health system. This person will face court and be declared unit to plead, be given medical care that helps her deal with the problem and then released into society in a few days time when it is decided "she's better now", for the same thing to happen
when she doesn't take her medication or decides to take an illicit substance or alcohol. Maybe a case for bringing back the lunatic asylums.
I agree but would hope if they bought them back that they treated them with dignity 😔

Reactions: Cool Lynda