Woolworths announces new money-saving feature that could improve your shopping experience – keep an eye out!

Good news, shoppers!

The CEO of Woolworths Group, Brad Banducci, recently announced an all-new feature available through the supermarket's mobile app and website, and it is made to help customers everywhere save money on their next grocery run!

According to a message from Mr Banducci to all Woolies patrons, customers will soon be able to monitor their total spending as they create their shopping list thanks to the new feature.

No more nasty surprises when you check out!

It will be rolled out to all users in the coming weeks and is said to be a convenient way for customers to watch their expenses.

'We're updating the Woolworths app and website so you'll be able to see the running price total when you make a list - a great new budget-friendly feature to help you track your spend before you shop,' said the supermarket executive.

Screen Shot 2022-11-09 at 12.18.59 PM.png
Woolworths introduced a brand new website and app feature for their online customers. Credit: SOPA Images/SOPA Images/LightRocket via Getty.

This change comes as welcome news for many of us here at SDC, who are doing our best to save money on groceries.

With this handy tool, we can quickly add up what we need and want before cementing our final decision at checkout – perfect for impulsive shoppers like us! No more nasty surprises (or impulse buys) when we get our receipts after shopping online.

Mr Banducci also took the opportunity to inform customers of recent developments regarding the availability and timing of certain fresh produce.

'As the La Niña rains continue on the eastern seaboard, we may see a delayed start to the season for some fresh fruit and vegetables, including cherries and stone fruits,' he said.

'The poor weather, especially in Tasmania, has also impacted the supply of frozen vegetables (such as corn and potatoes) and potato crisps. In good news, mango season is upon us with more supply on the way.'

Screen Shot 2022-11-09 at 12.18.50 PM.png
Brad Banducci has confirmed that the change will roll out by the end of November. Credit: Woolworths Group.

'We're working hard to make sure we have enough stock of everything, but please bear with us if you're currently seeing some gaps,' Mr Banducci went on to explain that the poor weather has affected ongoing supply chain challenges (like shortages in raw materials, pallets and truck drivers), so the operations are currently 'anything but straightforward'.

'Of course, the weather has also sadly affected many communities with floods. As well as the many examples of what our local store teams are doing on the ground, we're working with our partners - The Salvation Army and OzHarvest - to provide relief where it's needed most.'
Key Takeaways

• Woolworths Group CEO Brad Banducci has announced a new feature on the supermarket's app and website that will allow users to see how much they're spending as they compile their grocery list.
  • The Woolworths boss said the feature will be rolled out to all users in the coming weeks and is a great way for customers to watch their spending.
  • Mr Banducci also used the letter as an opportunity to update customers on issues with delays and stock levels on some fruit and vegetables.
So there you have it, members! Be sure to keep an eye out for this upcoming change on the Woolworths app and website, and take advantage of the money-saving potential it offers the next time you do your grocery shopping.

What are your thoughts? Do you think this will be a useful tool? And while we're still on the topic of sticking to a budget, do you have any additional suggestions for cutting grocery costs? Share them with us down in the comments!

Sponsored
I already have this when buying on line which is why I love shopping on line
At the end of my shop I go to my cart abd if I have spent more than I want I delete items I don't really need.

This app would be good for those who shop in store as long as the items in the app are same as in store

I find by shopping on line I am more unlikely to purchase an impulse buy

I too watch the running total when I'm shopping online and adjust the shopping basket to what I'm prepared to spend on that shop.
It's all very well and good to have the update to the app for in store shoppers but what about those of us who have an older phone or don't put apps on their phone.
Shopping instore I have had enough crashes or near misses with other customers with their noses in their phones and not looking where they're going.;)

I think it would be much better spending the money on enough staff at the check-outs. Gunnedah Woolies last Saturday 5-11, there were three unused checkouts and queues of 2 and three at each of the open check-outs. It took me almost 15 minutes to clear my check-out and on my way. NOT GOOD ENOUGH WOOLIES.

As other members have said this has been available for online shoppers. I think it is a good idea so that you dont' overspend. But I cannot see myself dragging out my phone when going into a store and adding up the prices. I just go in with a list and have the prices already on my list from Woolies website. I am now doing much more shopping at Aldi, never thought I would, but it runs so much cheaper on some items. I go in with a list there as well but unfortunately don't know the prices from week to week, just have to adjust for any increases in their prices.

I think it would be much better spending the money on enough staff at the check-outs. Gunnedah Woolies last Saturday 5-11, there were three unused checkouts and queues of 2 and three at each of the open check-outs. It took me almost 15 minutes to clear my check-out and on my way. NOT GOOD ENOUGH WOOLIES.
only one checkout open out of 8 the other day. Agree not good enough. Shouldn't have to wait.

Good news, shoppers!

The CEO of Woolworths Group, Brad Banducci, recently announced an all-new feature available through the supermarket's mobile app and website, and it is made to help customers everywhere save money on their next grocery run!

According to a message from Mr Banducci to all Woolies patrons, customers will soon be able to monitor their total spending as they create their shopping list thanks to the new feature.

No more nasty surprises when you check out!

It will be rolled out to all users in the coming weeks and is said to be a convenient way for customers to watch their expenses.

'We're updating the Woolworths app and website so you'll be able to see the running price total when you make a list - a great new budget-friendly feature to help you track your spend before you shop,' said the supermarket executive.

View attachment 8604
Woolworths introduced a brand new website and app feature for their online customers. Credit: SOPA Images/SOPA Images/LightRocket via Getty.

This change comes as welcome news for many of us here at SDC, who are doing our best to save money on groceries.

With this handy tool, we can quickly add up what we need and want before cementing our final decision at checkout – perfect for impulsive shoppers like us! No more nasty surprises (or impulse buys) when we get our receipts after shopping online.

Mr Banducci also took the opportunity to inform customers of recent developments regarding the availability and timing of certain fresh produce.

'As the La Niña rains continue on the eastern seaboard, we may see a delayed start to the season for some fresh fruit and vegetables, including cherries and stone fruits,' he said.

'The poor weather, especially in Tasmania, has also impacted the supply of frozen vegetables (such as corn and potatoes) and potato crisps. In good news, mango season is upon us with more supply on the way.'

View attachment 8605
Brad Banducci has confirmed that the change will roll out by the end of November. Credit: Woolworths Group.

'We're working hard to make sure we have enough stock of everything, but please bear with us if you're currently seeing some gaps,' Mr Banducci went on to explain that the poor weather has affected ongoing supply chain challenges (like shortages in raw materials, pallets and truck drivers), so the operations are currently 'anything but straightforward'.

'Of course, the weather has also sadly affected many communities with floods. As well as the many examples of what our local store teams are doing on the ground, we're working with our partners - The Salvation Army and OzHarvest - to provide relief where it's needed most.'
Key Takeaways

• Woolworths Group CEO Brad Banducci has announced a new feature on the supermarket's app and website that will allow users to see how much they're spending as they compile their grocery list.
  • The Woolworths boss said the feature will be rolled out to all users in the coming weeks and is a great way for customers to watch their spending.
  • Mr Banducci also used the letter as an opportunity to update customers on issues with delays and stock levels on some fruit and vegetables.
So there you have it, members! Be sure to keep an eye out for this upcoming change on the Woolworths app and website, and take advantage of the money-saving potential it offers the next time you do your grocery shopping.

What are your thoughts? Do you think this will be a useful tool? And while we're still on the topic of sticking to a budget, do you have any additional suggestions for cutting grocery costs? Share them with us down in the comments!
I'd never shop online anyway so would be no use to me. When I'm shopping in a store I just guesstimate how much the total will be before I pay. I'm normally not far out.

However, one thing they should introduce in my local branches is Scan&Go. Then I can scan my goods on my way round the shop and know what my running total is then pay and leave. 👍😁

I too watch the running total when I'm shopping online and adjust the shopping basket to what I'm prepared to spend on that shop.
It's all very well and good to have the update to the app for in store shoppers but what about those of us who have an older phone or don't put apps on their phone.
Shopping instore I have had enough crashes or near misses with other customers with their noses in their phones and not looking where they're going.;)
i have a serious aversion to apps, they do not work so well on my phone even though I have a relatively new Galaxy, I think it has more to do with the really low provider coverage that we have here, black spots and no signal in most areas. Whatever the reason apps and I are not friends with each other.