Woolworths announces major price drop for over 400 products

Woolworths, one of Australia's leading supermarket chains, has just made a significant announcement that will affect shoppers' wallets nationwide.

Effective immediately, the retail giant has slashed the prices of over 400 of its most popular items by an average of 18 per cent.

This unexpected move is set to bring a sigh of relief to many households, especially those feeling the pinch of rising living costs.

Since Wednesday, 28 February, many products spanning meat, cheese, ham, fruit, vegetables, and cleaning supplies have reduced prices.

The best part? These new, lower prices are here to stay for the next three months.

7ae5ea550dbddc024ac3cff3e7c9847d3583f9aa-16x9-x0y0w2953h1661.jpg
Woolworths reduced prices for over 400 products for the next three months. Credit: Woolworths Group

Among the standout savings in the meat aisle are Woolworths’ Meatballs 400g range—Beef & Lamb and Pork & Veal (down from $8 to $6 per pack), Woolworths Pork Leg Roast Boneless (was $11/kg, now $9/kg), Woolworths Heart Smart Beef Stir Fry (was $12, now $10), Woolworths RSPCA Approved Diced Chicken Breast (was $15.50, now $13) and Woolworths COOK Chicken Drumsticks Sweet & Smokey BBQ Glaze (was $10, now $9).

But it's not just the meat lovers who stand to benefit.

A variety of salad bowls and bags have also seen price reductions, including the Woolworths Green Goodness Salad Bowl (was $6.50, now $5.90), Woolworths Caesar Salad Bowl (was $5.50, now $5) and Baby Leaf Spinach (was $3, now $2.20).

Woolworths Chief Commercial Officer Paul Harker said the supermarket group is committed to helping customers spend less on shopping.

'We know our customers are looking for lower prices, and [Woolworths] offers to help them manage their budgets, and we want to help them to spend less when they shop with us,' he said.

‘This season, we’ve included a range of products on Prices Dropped for Autumn to ensure families can pick up ingredients for meals, snacks for the family and kids’ lunch boxes, as well as household essentials at even greater value.’

‘This is on top of our 6,000 weekly specials and Low Price program. Customers can also enjoy great value in store with our wide range of own brand products which are 30 per cent less on average compared to similar brands,’ he added.

You can check other discount prices below:
IMG_2119.jpeg

The Prices Dropped for Autumn products will be available until 28 May 2024.

For a full list of discounted products, you can visit the Woolworths website here.

Woolies also offered ‘Priced Dropped for Spring’ last year for more than 450 springtime grocery essentials, where customers expected an average of 17 per cent less in their grocery bills.

The supermarket giant committed to donating 13 million meals to OzHarvest, Foodbank, Fareshare, and other charity partners.
Key Takeaways

• Woolworths supermarket has announced a price reduction on over 400 items by an average of 18 per cent.
  • The discounted items include a range of meat, cheese, ham, fruit, vegetable, and cleaning products, with the new prices to remain for the next three months.
  • The price drop is part of Woolworths' effort to offer customers greater value, allowing them to manage their budgets more effectively.
What are your thoughts on Woolworths' price reduction announcement? Is your staple product included in the price drop? Let us know in the comments below!

Last edited:
Sponsored
Nothing noted for me. As a single my needs are for small quantities. I do buy & freeze. Question if they supply pork & veal meat balls then why can't I buy pork & veal mince any more. can only get beef & pork. I thought the name was only to please the woakies who object to the word veal? Never the less the reductions will assist some.

Reactions: Ingot
Woollies announced over a billion dollars profit last year, so we know they are vastly over-priced. They are giving us back pennies in this sale, how big of them. And Coles is no better! It's Aldi for me.

Reactions: Ingot and Pameee
I refuse to shop at Woolworths absolutely Done with their greed and massive profits whilst Australian families struggle to afford food prices & their greedy money grab
I only go to coles when I really can’t get what I want elsewhere , I shop at Aldi & iga .. no self serves great customer service iga staff will even offer to help take any large / heavy awkward items out to the car with willingness and a friendly smile
We will never enter another Woolworths store .

They haven't dropped anything. The prices are the same as they always were. They just a big flashy price drop label and expect no notices salad bowls are the exact same price two weeks ago when I bought one for lunch. Western Star butter is still $7 same as my last shop.
Check the labels underneath the new labels people. It's a swizz. !!!

Reactions: MC12
I would buy about 15 to 20 of these items over the course of 3 to 6 months. I do however buy Lolly Gobble Bliss Bombs which is in the Price Dropped catergory. They dropped the price in 2017 to $3.00. I have been buying them since they first made them, so shouldn't be included in this round of price drops. I did notice they did the same with a fair few items. It's a huge con as obviously Woolies think we are a bunch of morons and wouldn't look. I got through 25 pages of 57 on their site and had to stop looking as I could feel myself getting pi**ed off

Multi-purpose wipes $13 to $7.50 we were being ripped off (but if you were on a strict budget why would you even buy it)
Pine O Clean spray another rip off been corrected.
Kids bananas, cheese and yogurt won't make any difference to me (and many others)
30 cents off spring onions ,can't remember the last time I purchased any.

Nothing new here! This is a "seasonal" price drop, come June there will be a change to these " price drops "and another 400 or so products will come into play. It is also time for new planograms to be introduced, so watch out for things to be moved around on the shelves, with some new additions as well as deletions.

Maybe I would buy 3 items of that list/ and they would only be monthly things/ the easiest way to check up on prices is if there is something you buy regularly/ if it goes on special and then when it goes off special/check to see if it has gone back to the normal price it was before it went on special/ most of the time it will be dearer and that’s how supermarkets put up their prices without you taking notice of the price difference.

How can they claim they are not price gouging, just look at the differences in the prices of these items.

Anything to hurt the local butcher. Their bananas are always the dearest, and their chickens are so small and they charge $12.00.
Don't support a company that doesn't recognize Australia Day

Reactions: Veggiepatch
Don't buy Moro olive oil, Australian Cobram Estate won all the awards overseas as the best in the world.
Any Spanish olive oil sold in Australia is third rate, unfit for the Spanish local market. A former Spanish girlfriend's father managed an olive farm outside of Barcelona in the 1950s and 60s. He told me that any substandard product was poured down the drain or became landfill until they dumped it on non European markets, including Australia.

I refuse to shop at Woolworths absolutely Done with their greed and massive profits whilst Australian families struggle to afford food prices & their greedy money grab
I only go to coles when I really can’t get what I want elsewhere , I shop at Aldi & iga .. no self serves great customer service iga staff will even offer to help take any large / heavy awkward items out to the car with willingness and a friendly smile
We will never enter another Woolworths store .
We no longer commit to any store, but we do check online prices.
The smartest way is to build your shopping list day by day and ONLY buy items on the list.
We are saving 40% per shop in doing this.
Forget something? Get it next time.
My wife lingers at the fruit n veg and I race around and grab the bread, milk and laundry if needed etc - whatever is on the list. We are done with shopping in a quarter the time, and have stopped giving in to the sweets and attractive displays that subliminally gets your attention.
We can now afford to go for a coffee and muffin w/o worrying about our budget.
It's all about discipline.

Reactions: Veggiepatch
Woolworths and Coles occasionally have 2 kg Cold Power Advanced laundry powder half price for $12. Why is that I can buy the exact same item at the Reject Shop for the exact same price undiscounted? $12.

Beats me!

So we get to save a couple of $ on the overpriced items which is still less than the gouged price increases. They will go back up as soon as the heat is off. Kind of like admitting they have been ripping us off all along. And what about the rest of the overpriced items. Leave now Banducci while you're ahead.

Not good enough. Prices are all still too high.
They need to drop prices by 80% over 20,000 items to make it worthwhile.... this is just a ploy..... 400 items... what joke..... they probably jacked up the prices on other items.. mongrels....

Woolworths and Coles occasionally have 2 kg Cold Power Advanced laundry powder half price for $12. Why is that I can buy the exact same item at the Reject Shop for the exact same price undiscounted? $12.

Beats me!
Drop by the CHOICE site, and search for "Product Reviews" on Laundry Detergent and Fabric Softener tests.
You will never pay $12 for anything again.
Since we changed to Earth Choice, we couldn't be happier.
I would take no real notice of the "Choice Expert Rating".
Why?
Because there is NOT a big difference between 90% product rating and 58% product rating.
Yes - it may seem a lot, but it's hardly (if at all) noticeable in the final results.
Also, we found we get great results on the most economical short machine cycle.
Probably preaching to the choir here, but ...
Unless you have a need for the "Heavy Duty" Laundry Detergents, quite often "the best" is many dollars away from the result you really need.
Read the tests and results for yourself, and make the informed choice that is right for you.
And another thing - read up on the Fabric Softeners - the science will enlighten you.
Fabric softeners do make towels etc nice and fluffy - yep.
But they also inhibit how quickly they will absorb water from skin after a shower.
It comes down to the drying experience you want:
Do you want to have a quick dry ... or do you want a fluffy slow, near-dry experience?
Since cutting way back on the amount of fabric softener (again, the Earth Choice is right for us) I noticed that our towels will dry skin so much faster, and get me out of the bathroom before people complain that I will dissolve if I don't hurry up!
It doesn't take much softener to remove the "scratchy-towel" thing.
The amounts needed are much less than recommended, and again, are a saving.
Experiment a bit.
You'll see I am close to being right about this.
We tend to think only the best (90%) is good enough, when 57% really is all you need.

Last edited:
If you check the contents of the products you will find that in most cases the main constituents are the same with sight variations.
In most cases, the constituents are as cheap as chips all the rest of the cost goes towards marketing and advertising.