Woolies staffer caught in a “careless” trolley act: “That bloke needs to be fired”

One shopper has taken to Facebook to file a complaint regarding the “careless” actions of a Woolworths staffer in the store’s parking lot.

“If you ever wonder why you have scratches on your car after going to the supermarket,” wrote the peeved shopper in his post, along with the dashcam footage of an employee pushing several metal trolleys between two parked cars.

SADIJcYNqYeQVb8SfgCzfP3yy5lxOL6Vq7_rc18cTnMAIhKbz4JuObPxaV3-BIDeFIBNd9cppL7OEeLMrjzJ6XOqPF2pAIK5oFOGIenuAdvY7oX1WnRL7-wff33ieUwIAhTJP-fB

One shopper caught a Woolies employee pushing trolleys between two parked cars. Credit: Facebook/Konrad Ensor.

The shopper who posted the video said that he witnessed the poor trolley practice at a Woolworths’ Gungahlin store in Canberra, adding: “They think this is OK and is normal practice.”

In the video clip, the employee not only decided to push several metal trolleys in the narrow space between two parked cars, but he also nearly missed hitting the driver’s car when he pulled up into the car spot. To make matters worse, he was not wearing a face mask, which is standard protocol for Woolworths employees.

When confronted about it, the employee said “it takes too long to go around”, according to the shopper.

Even though neither the parked cars nor the driver’s car was scratched in the process, the shopper believes this is a “risky practice” and should be addressed by the management.

Several fellow shoppers commented on the man’s video, sharing his frustration on the reckless trolley act.

Some shared that they had been victims of it before, with one shopper sharing that their car was left with a triangle dent on the front guard after being hit by a string of trolleys.

Meanwhile, others argued that the employee, and anyone else who does the same, should be fired for their carelessness.

A representative from Woolworths has already responded to the man’s complaint by replying to his Facebook post.

They said that while they have always reminded their team to “follow the safest route” back to the store when collecting trolleys, they were “disappointed” to witness a staffer disregard the correct safety procedures.

“We’ve passed your feedback on to the store team where the correct procedures will be reiterated.”

Sponsored
Most car parks have a sign stating that you park in them at your own risk, no responsibility taken by car park owners. What annoys me is I park in a far corner where there are no cars, come back 30 mins later and am surrounded by cars. Plenty of spots elsewhere but people must feel my car gets lonely.
One problem ....when you are IN the shop, you are not there to see who caused the dents or scratches on your car.
You don't know if it was the employee or a customer, so the store doesn't take any responsibility.....

Shopping centre car parks, where no car goes unscathed. I'm tired of people opening their car doors and hitting mine. I have a few of these dents on the side of my car. Unfortunately there's nothing you can do.

Yes same on my car. We should be able to claim for damages from the millionaire shopping centre owners. I'm really angry and so sick of this. GGRR :( :(

Reactions: 68autobug
Install a Blackvue dashcam which can record (front and rear) while you are parked....well worth the price for an excellent product!

Reactions: barbaranne
One problem ....when you are IN the shop, you are not there to see who caused the dents or scratches on your car.
You don't know if it was the employee or a customer, so the store doesn't take any responsibility.....
That is where a dash camera with parking activation can help. If anyone hits my car when it is parked the camera is immediately activated to record this.

Reactions: barbaranne