SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
mOiOz

mOiOz

Jun 10, 2022
WOOLIES 10% DISCOUNT DISCRIMINATION

Soon after raving about the monthly 10% grocery discount one can get with Woolies - they cancel it!!!!
And..., after we have signed up.
To make matters worse... this offer ONLY applies to "in-shop purchasers"!!!
So, the disabled and elderly, who, not only have to pay extra for delivery, and who are already
unable to produce the vast amount of items that are "in-shop purchasers" ONLY...
NOW have to forfeit the 10% discount....too!!!!
THIS IS BLATANT DISCRIMINATION - and to the people who need it most. :mad::mad::mad:

O well, as Forrest Gump said, shit happens lol
Personally. I hate that expression..., it's a real cop-out!
Shit only happens, because you allow it to...!!!
Why should the disabled not be allowed a 10% discount, because they are unable to physically shop...?
That's not "shit happening" - that's outward DISCRIMINATION...!
Moral values are required here...

Reactions: deni67
Why should the disabled not be allowed a 10% discount, because they are unable to physically shop...?

I am in same boat as you, I only shop online because I can no longer carry stuff and I no longer drive due to health issiues, but I was laughing at them becausre I refuse to get upset about crap I cant control, I woll just stop shopping there

What did you all do BEFORE online or click and collect shopping? Staff time is taken up "picking" your order and more time involved if it's delivered to your car. No online shopper has ever complained about getting ONLINE ONLY specials and they can be very hefty discounts. In saying that though, if they are to stop the discount for online purchases then anyone with who's paid up for a year, that term should be honoured, has anyone bothered to ask and is it online at WW only, or Big W also?

Stop whingeing about retailers who make massive profits. Just stop shopping there, there are alternatives available!
Whingeing and profits are NOT the issue here. Betrayal, misleading advertising and subsequent discrimination against the immune compromised, elderly, disabled and in fact anyone who signed up to, and paid for a Woolworths OFFER or subscription in good faith, IS.

What did you all do BEFORE online or click and collect shopping? Staff time is taken up "picking" your order and more time involved if it's delivered to your car. No online shopper has ever complained about getting ONLINE ONLY specials and they can be very hefty discounts. In saying that though, if they are to stop the discount for online purchases then anyone with who's paid up for a year, that term should be honoured, has anyone bothered to ask and is it online at WW only, or Big W also?
The issue here is that people actually PAID for a program which Woolworths PROMOTED.
Response from respectful communications with Woolworths … “ We have received your email”…. NOTHING further. A typical corporate dismissal.

• Wow
Reactions: BRIAN KK and deni67
Most IN SHOP buyers CAN buy ONLINE,
Most ONLINE buyers CANNOT buy INSTORE!

I would suggest you go back and read the T&C's of the ADVERTISING campaign that was clearly shown to be an introductory promo for a limited time ONLY. I'm not quite sure what % people think food retailers are making from the shelf price, 10% is well above what the average mark up from the price they pay to suppliers. Average is less than 5% on food products. Not too sure of anyone that reads this would be happy to provide millions of dollars of stock sitting on shelves & be happy with a 2.5% return. Don't get me started on the entitlement that exists in this country with, people walking into a store, eating and drinking as they 'sample' everything as a free lunch buffet only to walk out the store without paying for 1 thing. Guarantee we're not going to see the question asked on this site on what people think about that.
Well said. Very good response. People are lucky they're even getting 10% off, they don't have to give anyone anything. Obviously it's to make people use their stores and it works. And they're in business to make profits, like any business does. They're not charities.

Well said. Very good response. People are lucky they're even getting 10% off, they don't have to give anyone anything. Obviously it's to make people use their stores and it works. And they're in business to make profits, like any business does. They're not charities.
Yes, it says temporary, but NOTHING says for ONLINE CLIENTS ONLY....!!!!

Woolwortsh say that you can get the 10% off if you shop instore only. The trouble is if one has a wheelie walker you can only get so much, not a full shop, therefore the 10% doesn't go very far on the one shop a month.

Reactions: Littleboy8
I must admit that I saw nothing to suggest that the discount was time-limited in availability. But that does not explain why it's been removed from online purchases, but is still available in-store? Even if the reason is fairly obvious - online spends would likely be considerably higher than in store (certainly is in my case!)
I had a feed pop-up in my Facebook account about the removal of the on-line discount. I made a comment about this post and received a direct message from Everyday Insurance, asking me for my details so they could 'investigate'.
I subsequently received the following email:

Quote:
I am writing to let you know that we received your feedback on 8 September 2023, about the recent changes to the 10% off your shop promotional offering.

Your case number is 04869820.

Thank you for letting us know of your concerns, we understand that the 10% off your shop promotion is a valued benefit and that the recent change to the terms of this promotion may have caused you some dissatisfaction.

Our Everyday Rewards program helps members save hundreds of dollars on their shopping every year, we know the vast majority of our customers are redeeming their 10% discount in-store and in order to streamline the offering, we have made the decision to make the 10% discount available in-store only.

Please note that the 10% off your shop promotional offer is not part of your insurance policy.
It is a promotional offer available to Everyday Rewards card holders, who also hold an eligible product or service with us.

As per the Terms and Conditions of this offer "Woolworths reserves the right to cancel or amend this offer at any time without notice." - the full details of all terms and conditions can be found on our website here - https://insurance.everyday.com.au/promotions/10-off-your-shop.html

Woolworths & Everyday Insurance from Woolworths are constantly investing in additional Everyday Rewards member benefits and this change is part of our investment.

I would like to thank you for this feedback while you take the appropriate steps to transition your shopping habits with regards to this promotion, your case is now closed.
Unquote

'Transition your shopping habits' - if they're trying to get customers to shop in-store rather than on line, the next logical step will be to remove the delivery service and the 'deliver to boot' service as well, no doubt.

As many earlier comments have suggested, this (in-store only) policy would seem to be extremely prejudicial to those who don't drive and/or have mobility issues.

The other point I would make is that if you take out an annually-renewable insurance policy, and do so specifically to take advantage of the on-line discount, then to have that discount removed during the term of the policy would seem to be disingenuous, even if Woolies had reserved the right to do so.

EXCEPT! ….. For the very real FACT, that Woolworths CHARGED a FEE for the 10% off , AND changed the rules 2 months into the contract/membership . People are not “lucky” when the programme is COSTED! There certainly IS entitlement in a costed contract/membership .

Reactions: BRIAN KK and mOiOz
EXCEPT! ….. For the very real FACT, that Woolworths CHARGED a FEE for the 10% off , AND changed the rules 2 months into the contract/membership . People are not “lucky” when the programme is COSTED! There certainly IS entitlement in a costed contract/membership .
EXACTLY...! The entire offer is a total rip-off!

Most IN SHOP buyers CAN buy ONLINE,
Most ONLINE buyers CANNOT buy INSTORE!
Yeah and then whinge about their order like other online shoppers? Online shopping hasn't been around forever, as I said what did these people do previously? Most??? online shoppers can't shop in store I doubt that very much.

Yeah and then whinge about their order like other online shoppers? Online shopping hasn't been around forever, as I said what did these people do previously? Most??? online shoppers can't shop in store I doubt that very much.
I shopped in store once but now I’m old and crotchety and have a dislike of bratty kids and parents pushing and shoving. I’m so over it on lines good for me. Besides having to use a wheelie walker is a pain in the botched up new hip replacement I love my delivery guys there fab and so caring.😁

Last edited:
I['s ignoramuses like you who make these rules...!
I have been bed-bound for over 16 months now and spend 23 hours a day lying down. I have no family here and my darling friends can do so much for me... they do have their own health issues, work and family.
I have left my home twice in this time - to go to hospital....!
That's how!!!!
In case you haven't noticed, it's not like the old days anymore. Almost everyone works or supports their own family... a lot can't even afford that today.

Reactions: Littleboy8