Woolies’ delivery service draws flak online – can you see what’s wrong?

Seniors, who might struggle to work around a supermarket due to health or transportation issues, often revert to shopping online and getting their groceries delivered right at the front door, seeing it is the safest and easiest option – not to mention, it’s a money-saver too!

They no longer have to go through the hassle of going from aisle to aisle, and they no longer have to line up at long checkout queues.

And while online grocery deliveries can be heaven-sent for some, it tends to be a hit-and-miss to others – particularly Woolies’ delivery service!

One Woolworths shopper has taken to Twitter to complain about his most recent home delivery which left him fuming.

Just take a look at the photo below. Can you see what’s wrong?

rV6yK8xo5wSnXTHCnsyPbe8eHHnJsNkZGKrao5lac68-XB4RU3Xv2NEUhnIgphdv6x_bL4JMjgbHquKbslMYI2KdREgHopkA_FRSvQi7lfPVDSYiwK9ny5Zfjt2aP3zmhrb55ocy

A Woolies shopper has spoken of his frustration after receiving a recent home delivery. Credit: Twitter.
“Hey Woolworths, what’s wrong with this picture?” the customer asked the official Twitter account of the supermarket.

Apparently, the delivery driver from Woolies had left the shopper’s grocery packages just outside his front door. At first glance, there seems to be nothing wrong with where the staffer left the bags.

But after taking a closer look, it can be observed that the customer’s screen door opens outwards. Meaning, it would be very difficult for him to go out and get his groceries since the bags are blocking the door from opening.

Other Woolies shoppers who saw the man’s tweet responded by sharing their similar experiences with the store’s delivery service.

One user wrote: “I once had a giant case of beer delivered and stacked against my door.”

“I was on the inside and the case was on the outside, preventing us from getting out of the house. Had to jump the fence.”

The official Twitter account of Woolworths has responded to the post by thanking the shopper for reaching out and asking for his contact details to address the problem.

However, the man replied with a firm: “No.”

“Just train your drivers not to leave bags of groceries blocking doorways. It's really not that hard.”

He also added that this situation can make it hard for seniors and those with a disability to access their groceries, and a little effort from the store delivery drivers can go a long way.

Previously, we also wrote about another delivery mishap from Woolies.

One woman complained that she received too many plastic bags for her order, which seemed to be a lot of plastic waste. Also, the delivery arrived really late, which prompted her to “never use the delivery service” from the store ever again.

Some of our members also shared their disappointing experiences with Woolworths delivery service.

Our member @DiMcg shared that Woolies used to “jam-pack” their grocery items into a few bags, which caused their eggs to crack, some cleaning fluid and a yoghurt tube to leak, and their bread to be squashed. The bags even ripped from the weight of the items!

On the other hand, it’s not all bad things. Some of our members also shared their good experiences with the supermarket’s delivery service.

Our member @Ricci said that they tend to recycle and reuse the extra bags they get from Woolies.

“I had a delivery just last week that was packed into rubbish bags, the delivery guy apologised and said they had run out of the proper bags. I didn't complain… I've now got several weeks' worth of rubbish sacks that I didn't have to pay for!! Win for me!” they said.

A second member agreed and added: “We use them every day for rubbish bags and have been really scratching for bags some days. I refuse to buy them and are truly doing our best to recycle but not at an extra cost.”

Member @Vicki.E. also said: “I have been very happy with Woolies Online Delivery. They give you the option of plastic bags or reusable brown paper bags which could be used as rubbish bags keeping plastic out of the landfill.”

What do you think of the supermarket giants' delivery services? Do they need to improve or are you a happy customer?

Sponsored
I think that Woolies delivery service is EXCELLENT. It is so fast.
A week ago I received a home delivery from Woolies and I hadn't even placed an order, now that is fast.
The neighbour in the next unit wasn't all that happy that her order didn't arrive, so I just gave her what was delivered to me.....she seemed better after that, and stopped cussing the supermarket.

I think Woolies delivery service is excellent. I am an aged person with mobility issues and compromised immunity and Woolies has been a godsend. The delivery driver puts my bags just inside my front door, without letting my cat escape and then takes a picture and off he goes. If they are running late you get an apology text saying when they estimate they will be delivering. I cannot praise the deliver drivers highly enough. Only once did a driver not open the gate and bring my groceries into to me, even though my instructions are clear to open the gate. But that was a once off.

Doesn’t the cost of the bags make it expensive ? or is that included in the delivery cost .I haven’t needed use home delivery yet hence thee question

Seniors, who might struggle to work around a supermarket due to health or transportation issues, often revert to shopping online and getting their groceries delivered right at the front door, seeing it is the safest and easiest option – not to mention, it’s a money-saver too!

They no longer have to go through the hassle of going from aisle to aisle, and they no longer have to line up at long checkout queues.

And while online grocery deliveries can be heaven-sent for some, it tends to be a hit-and-miss to others – particularly Woolies’ delivery service!

One Woolworths shopper has taken to Twitter to complain about his most recent home delivery which left him fuming.

rV6yK8xo5wSnXTHCnsyPbe8eHHnJsNkZGKrao5lac68-XB4RU3Xv2NEUhnIgphdv6x_bL4JMjgbHquKbslMYI2KdREgHopkA_FRSvQi7lfPVDSYiwK9ny5Zfjt2aP3zmhrb55ocy

A Woolies shopper has spoken of his frustration after receiving a recent home delivery. Credit: Twitter.
“Hey Woolworths, what’s wrong with this picture?” the customer asked the official Twitter account of the supermarket.

Apparently, the delivery driver from Woolies had left the shopper’s grocery packages just outside his front door. At first glance, there seems to be nothing wrong with where the staffer left the bags.

But after taking a closer look, it can be observed that the customer’s screen door opens outwards. Meaning, it would be very difficult for him to go out and get his groceries since the bags are blocking the door from opening.

Other Woolies shoppers who saw the man’s tweet responded by sharing their similar experiences with the store’s delivery service.

One user wrote: “I once had a giant case of beer delivered and stacked against my door.”

“I was on the inside and the case was on the outside, preventing us from getting out of the house. Had to jump the fence.”

The official Twitter account of Woolworths has responded to the post by thanking the shopper for reaching out and asking for his contact details to address the problem.

“Just train your drivers not to leave bags of groceries blocking doorways. It's really not that hard.”

He also added that this situation can make it hard for seniors and those with a disability to access their groceries, and a little effort from the store delivery drivers can go a long way.

One woman complained that she received too many plastic bags for her order, which seemed to be a lot of plastic waste. Also, the delivery arrived really late, which prompted her to “never use the delivery service” from the store ever again.

Some of our members also shared their disappointing experiences with Woolworths delivery service.

Our member @DiMcg shared that Woolies used to “jam-pack” their grocery items into a few bags, which caused their eggs to crack, some cleaning fluid and a yoghurt tube to leak, and their bread to be squashed. The bags even ripped from the weight of the items!

On the other hand, it’s not all bad things. Some of our members also shared their good experiences with the supermarket’s delivery service.

Our member @Ricci said that they tend to recycle and reuse the extra bags they get from Woolies.

“I had a delivery just last week that was packed into rubbish bags, the delivery guy apologised and said they had run out of the proper bags. I didn't complain… I've now got several weeks' worth of rubbish sacks that I didn't have to pay for!! Win for me!” they said.

A second member agreed and added: “We use them every day for rubbish bags and have been really scratching for bags some days. I refuse to buy them and are truly doing our best to recycle but not at an extra cost.”

Member @Vicki.E. also said: “I have been very happy with Woolies Online Delivery. They give you the option of plastic bags or reusable brown paper bags which could be used as rubbish bags keeping plastic out of the landfill.”

What do you think of the supermarket giants' delivery services? Do they need to improve or are you a happy customer?
Thats why the delivery driver is not the manager of Wollies

Doesn’t the cost of the bags make it expensive ? or is that included in the delivery cost .I haven’t needed use home delivery yet hence thee question
The bags are included free as part of my delivery saver account. Sometimes I get plastic recyclable bags but lately they have been out of them so have received my groceries in their green shopping bags.

I get frustrated with the packing, why do some bags have 2 or 3 small items while another bag holds so many drink bottles I can’t lift it?

I appreciate what the Woolies customer is saying...BUT...instead of complaining, find a solution. You knew you were receiving a delivery, why didn't you open the screen door for easy access ? Surely you at least have 1-2 other doors to access the front of your house. If you don't, best you correct the situation...in case of fire or an intruder. Be safe, be wise and stop complaining. At least you have a front door and a home, unlike thousands of people, flood affected in Queensland and NSW

Have used this delivery service for approximately 2 years. Great for older people. I even got a big bar of chocolate and a note saying sorry when an item was not available. Substitutes costing more are given . The delivery guys are great too. Well done Woolies.

Gee...cry me a river
😭
There IS room for the door to semi-open and be able to push the bags! Hey, they also scored free Bag For Good bags! Put a freakin note on the door next time, it's not like you weren't expecting a delivery!
🤦‍♀️

I think the amount of money these super markets make delivery should be free including the bags...anything to make money.

Reactions: Ricci

So, the driver has to be a mind reader as well as trying his best to reduce the distance the consumer has to carry their groceries. All of this mind you after negotiating the minefield of mindless drivers on the roads, and, most probably trying to find a parking spot we’re they won’t get fined or interfere with other local traffic, and then trying to find a suitable (food safe/healthy place) to place your groceries where you have your dirty shoes, that could very well contaminated with…well I’ll just leave that to your own imagination.
Regards an ex truck delivery and emergency services driver.

Enjoy your weeties!

I think the amount of money these super markets make delivery should be free including the bags...anything to make money.
As most stores have run out of plastic or paper bags, they are using these Bag for Good bags free with deliveries. I have been getting approx 6 of these bags per delivery.👍

Cole's charge 15 cents a bag. I called their head office to complain that I don't want more bags and I am happy to have the black crates as I have done before. There's no option for online shoppers to select th NO BAGS. A money spinner for Cole's its just not good enough. One delivery guy left all the crates at my front door after we had emptied them !!. I had to call Cole's to come and pick them up!. Seems to me Cole's and Woolworths don't give a dam as long as they've got your money!. At least Woolworths provide an alternative with paper bags. Come Cole's get with the modern times and lift your game !. I have another complaint that most of the fruit and vegetables in my last order were disgusting and not fit to consume. Whoever picked them had no idea what fresh veggies n fruit look like. Then to make matters worse I had to go to the trouble of taking them back to Cole's for a refund and to complain. I doubt my complaint reached their manager. It should be free delivery especially for pensioners and people with disabilities. Profits come first I'm afraid. Not a happy customer. Patricia.

The bags are 15 cents each or free if you join 'delivery unlimited' $13 .50 a month but a money saver in the long run as bags are free and delivery is free if orders over $50 as many times as you want. You can suspend the delivery unlimited membership anytime and restart when needed. It has been very useful to me as I am a chronic asthmatic and often cannot manage to walk around the shops so home delivery has been well worth it. ☺

This has happened to me a couple of times and I've had to push everything hard to get the door open. luckily there was nothing breakable like eggs. Other times, the delivery person has gone out of their way to place it out of view from the street and clear of the front door. I guess one balances out the other but it can be quite frustrating at times