Woman's 'selfish' airport behaviour draws divided opinions – is this okay or not?

We all hate waiting in lines, but sadly, there are some situations where it's unavoidable, such as at the airport.

Longer lines mean more time wasted doing practically nothing but waiting. This is why most people already have this general rule when travelling: arrive at the airport at least two to three hours before your boarding time, or else, you risk missing your flight.

Now, we're pretty sure everyone here has taken a flight at some point, so we're all familiar with the experience of waiting in line at an airport terminal.

The scene is easy to picture: plenty of people patiently waiting in line (some standing, others sitting, but everyone is exhausted) to give their tickets to the staff member so they can then wait at the terminal to board their planes while lugging around heavy luggage and bags.

Just thinking about it is already frustrating, right?

A7YucaIvaSh4XCvlxH1DSJV5hgWZ36PY63iQzK8GDiKKTXLYHoV1gubXzNUUxY_WfX5iXPi27cMhSrkyKzTd1BRugT7DXY0UM4n-zHVioDgusW9FAvYMzX14x3mvqITKbM1OjfMtu_9EHHK6J_ziMC8ruJjK5ND3ym7Kbvhxy4duyFbOvCBrW4nfyQ

Waiting in line at the airport can be frustrating. Credit: Getty Images/Andrew Bret Wallis. (Stock photo)

Now, members, we have to ask: how would you feel if, while in the middle of a long queue, you saw a fellow traveller in front of you purposely holding up the line just because she doesn't want to move her stuff? Would you feel frustrated, or would you not mind at all?

In this story, one woman was called out on social media for her 'selfish' behaviour – apparently, she flat-out refused to advance in the queue and instead opted to leave the spot in front of her empty.

Reddit users saw the snapshot of the woman purposefully looking at her phone while standing in the line, and the image quickly went viral on the platform.

'This girl at the airport waits until the queue moves all the way forward to move,' wrote the user who posted the photo.

The user went on to say that other travellers confronted the woman, telling her to move, but instead, she replied: 'It's the same if I move now or later.'

Soon there were thousands of comments on the post, with most of the users having divided opinions about the matter.

AEpSpD81X8nPBO3zqb08Fyh6Skpi7kL6COu9Ad0v706UUJLwtck5O3R4Pq9aq0197bcJ7EWEh9bJG4e6YhUbkuRGHPGM_sk83zgKXBETONbb7iNcPti-5tfu-Mt_XaB9vto5jsupSz-WuCJholJcFimMcLhNXZnDs8VXafS1n1LGBaU5k-W5XyovBw

There was a woman who was caught being 'selfish' while waiting at the airport. Credit: Reddit.

Many others on the forum site found the woman's behaviour to be 'infuriating' and called her words such as 'selfish' and 'inconsiderate'.

'It shows she is inconsiderate of others and LAZY. Doing the minimum possible instead of being in sync, focused, and involved. Looks like the line was interfering with her online activities. She just wanted more time online and waited until she HAD to or was required to move,' one person wrote in the comments section.

A second person went on to say: 'I want people to be able to enter the line. This s**t causes congestion further back,' with a third adding, 'I don't get this self-entitled attitude. Just cause you overpacked and don't wanna push your s**t around doesn't mean you gotta back the line all the way up.'

Not everyone raised their pitchforks against the woman, though.

Some others argued that she did nothing wrong because leaving a gap in the queue does not make the wait any longer for the other passengers. However, they did admit that they wouldn't do this themselves in an airport.

'I wouldn't do this because I know that it would piss people off. But if she's in front of me, I would definitely be appreciative. It's annoying to move your stuff every 30 seconds for no reason,' one user wrote.

Another user agreed and added: 'Makes no difference to where anyone is in the queue if she shuffles along with them or waits a while. Get over it.'

'This is legit the most optimal way. You move once, and you are done. People don't like doing this differently. I definitely wouldn't do what she's doing, but I wouldn't be bothered by it either,' said a third.

The woman's photo was uploaded on the Reddit forum called 'Mildly Infuriating', where people from all over the world can share situations and experiences where they were annoyed or inconvenienced, but not enough to warrant a strong reaction.

We have to say, this situation perfectly belongs to the group because, well, it is indeed mildly infuriating. If we were in the situation, we would probably tell her to move forwards only if we see that the people behind us are already getting stuck in the walkways and making things inconvenient for other people in the airport.

What about you, folks? What would you do if you were behind this lady in an airport queue? Let us know in the comments!

Sponsored
We all hate waiting in lines, but sadly, there are some situations where it's unavoidable, such as at the airport.

Longer lines mean more time wasted doing practically nothing but waiting. This is why most people already have this general rule when travelling: arrive at the airport at least two to three hours before your boarding time, or else, you risk missing your flight.

Now, we're pretty sure everyone here has taken a flight at some point, so we're all familiar with the experience of waiting in line at an airport terminal.

The scene is easy to picture: plenty of people patiently waiting in line (some standing, others sitting, but everyone is exhausted) to give their tickets to the staff member so they can then wait at the terminal to board their planes while lugging around heavy luggage and bags.

A7YucaIvaSh4XCvlxH1DSJV5hgWZ36PY63iQzK8GDiKKTXLYHoV1gubXzNUUxY_WfX5iXPi27cMhSrkyKzTd1BRugT7DXY0UM4n-zHVioDgusW9FAvYMzX14x3mvqITKbM1OjfMtu_9EHHK6J_ziMC8ruJjK5ND3ym7Kbvhxy4duyFbOvCBrW4nfyQ

Waiting in line at the airport can be frustrating. Credit: Getty Images/Andrew Bret Wallis. (Stock photo)

Now, members, we have to ask: how would you feel if, while in the middle of a long queue, you saw a fellow traveller in front of you purposely holding up the line just because she doesn't want to move her stuff? Would you feel frustrated, or would you not mind at all?

In this story, one woman was called out on social media for her 'selfish' behaviour – apparently, she flat-out refused to advance in the queue and instead opted to leave the spot in front of her empty.

Reddit users saw the snapshot of the woman purposefully looking at her phone while standing in the line, and the image quickly went viral on the platform.

'This girl at the airport waits until the queue moves all the way forward to move,' wrote the user who posted the photo.

The user went on to say that other travellers confronted the woman, telling her to move, but instead, she replied: 'It's the same if I move now or later.'

Soon there were thousands of comments on the post, with most of the users having divided opinions about the matter.

AEpSpD81X8nPBO3zqb08Fyh6Skpi7kL6COu9Ad0v706UUJLwtck5O3R4Pq9aq0197bcJ7EWEh9bJG4e6YhUbkuRGHPGM_sk83zgKXBETONbb7iNcPti-5tfu-Mt_XaB9vto5jsupSz-WuCJholJcFimMcLhNXZnDs8VXafS1n1LGBaU5k-W5XyovBw

There was a woman who was caught being 'selfish' while waiting at the airport. Credit: Reddit.

Many others on the forum site found the woman's behaviour to be 'infuriating' and called her words such as 'selfish' and 'inconsiderate'.

'It shows she is inconsiderate of others and LAZY. Doing the minimum possible instead of being in sync, focused, and involved. Looks like the line was interfering with her online activities. She just wanted more time online and waited until she HAD to or was required to move,' one person wrote in the comments section.

A second person went on to say: 'I want people to be able to enter the line. This s**t causes congestion further back,' with a third adding, 'I don't get this self-entitled attitude. Just cause you overpacked and don't wanna push your s**t around doesn't mean you gotta back the line all the way up.'

Some others argued that she did nothing wrong because leaving a gap in the queue does not make the wait any longer for the other passengers. However, they did admit that they wouldn't do this themselves in an airport.

'I wouldn't do this because I know that it would piss people off. But if she's in front of me, I would definitely be appreciative. It's annoying to move your stuff every 30 seconds for no reason,' one user wrote.

Another user agreed and added: 'Makes no difference to where anyone is in the queue if she shuffles along with them or waits a while. Get over it.'

'This is legit the most optimal way. You move once, and you are done. People don't like doing this differently. I definitely wouldn't do what she's doing, but I wouldn't be bothered by it either,' said a third.

The woman's photo was uploaded on the Reddit forum called 'Mildly Infuriating', where people from all over the world can share situations and experiences where they were annoyed or inconvenienced, but not enough to warrant a strong reaction.

We have to say, this situation perfectly belongs to the group because, well, it is indeed mildly infuriating. If we were in the situation, we would probably tell her to move forwards only if we see that the people behind us are already getting stuck in the walkways and making things inconvenient for other people in the airport.

What about you, folks? What would you do if you were behind this lady in an airport queue? Let us know in the comments!
The lines behind would back up so, honestly? I would duck under the rope and cut in front of her

She should have waited at the end of the line until all others had passed.

Go around her….dah!!!

If she has a lot of stuff that needs extra trips to move each time I guess it's OK, she is right though , it's the same amount of time to wait, frustrating I guess.

If she didn't want to shuffle her luggage 'every 30 seconds' ( as was suggested above ), why didn't she put these on a luggage trolley & push this along? This would avoid people becoming irritated with her.

She would not have stopped me at all. Those black straps click into clips at the top of each post. Failing this, l would simply go to her left, push my luggage under the strap, climb under it & get behind the person in front of her. If she complained l would tell her to take up her argument with all the folk being inconvenienced by her childish behaviour.

Get over it you say? That is my solution to getting over it. I have never nor will deliberately do this in a queue.

If she didn't want to shuffle her luggage 'every 30 seconds' ( as was suggested above ), why didn't she put these on a luggage trolley & push this along? This would avoid people becoming irritated with her.

She would not have stopped me at all. Those black straps click into clips at the top of each post. Failing this, l would simply go to her left, push my luggage under the strap, climb under it & get behind the person in front of her. If she complained l would tell her to take up her argument with all the folk being inconvenienced by her childish behaviour.

Get over it you say? That is my solution to getting over it. I have never nor will deliberately do this in a queue.
So very well said 👏

Reactions: Nettles and Ezzy

If she refused to move and the gap was sizeable, I'd take my luggage and move past her. 😊