Woman shares how she found out she’s the ‘neighbour from hell’

We’ve all heard the occasional ‘neighbour from hell’ story online. Whether it’s threatening pet owners, or leaving a mess over the edge of someone’s balcony, it seems like we’ve read it all at this point.

But as they say, there are always two sides to every story. So, what would you do if you found out you were the neighbour from hell?

Michelle Meleskie from Canada shared her horror at discovering she was causing havoc for those living next door.

‘I just found out that I am the neighbour from hell and I feel terrible,’ she said in her TikTok video.

She went on to explain how she went out the night before, and then she woke up to an email from her neighbour that was sent at 9:45 pm.

‘Hey Michelle, your fire alarm has been going off for hours now,’ the neighbour wrote.

1michelle.jpg
Michelle admitted she felt terrible after the whole incident. Credit: Michelle Meleskie/TikTok

Michelle said the letter expressed concern over her safety. ‘Your light’s on, so I’m concerned that you’re home and there’s been an accident,’ it said.

But Michelle revealed in her clip that she doesn’t check her emails at night, so her neighbour ended up calling the police.

She said that her neighbour ran into another person who has a spare key to her apartment, and that person entered her home to take the fire alarm off her ceiling.

‘So that it doesn’t keep going off in the middle of the night,’ she explained.

‘Apparently, it was going off for like, five hours, and even the noise is just irritating. I feel terrible,’ Michelle continued.

She added that she’s now ‘that person that you bi**h to your friends about’.

But then her neighbour sent her another email explaining everything that happened while she was out.

‘I’m so glad you’re okay,’ her neighbour told her. Michelle’s guilt only escalated from here because she realised how her neighbour was genuinely concerned for her.

michelle.jpg
Michelle felt guilty over the trouble she caused. Credit: Michelle Meleskie/TikTok

Despite her guilt, her followers reassured her that it wasn’t her fault and reminded her how lucky she is to have such kind neighbours.

‘This is not being the “neighbour from hell”. Those would be deliberately making loud noises at 3 pm or something like that,’ wrote one person.

‘Not your fault,’ added another. The same person went on to say that while her neighbours must’ve been annoyed, they made it clear they cared more about Michelle’s health.

‘Just bring them a bottle of wine or something,’ they continued.

Others praised her neighbour for being ‘so sweet’ and caring.

‘Your neighbour sounds so sweet, please bring her flowers or something,’ said one.

A second agreed: ‘It was sweet of her to worry about you. You should do something nice for her.’

You can watch Michelle’s video below:

Key Takeaways

• A woman was mortified to discover she was the ‘neighbour from hell’ after her fire alarm blared all night and her neighbour emailed her to check if she was okay.
  • The woman's neighbour had called the police, but luckily someone else in the building had a key to her apartment and was able to turn off the alarm.
  • Although she feels guilty about the incident, people have assured her that it wasn't her fault and that she's lucky to have understanding neighbours.
We’ve definitely read (or seen) worse than what Michelle has gone through! But what about you, members? Do you have similar stories you’d like to share? Let us know in the comments!

Sponsored
We’ve all heard the occasional ‘neighbour from hell’ story online. Whether it’s threatening pet owners, or leaving a mess over the edge of someone’s balcony, it seems like we’ve read it all at this point.

But as they say, there are always two sides to every story. So, what would you do if you found out you were the neighbour from hell?

Michelle Meleskie from Canada shared her horror at discovering she was causing havoc for those living next door.

‘I just found out that I am the neighbour from hell and I feel terrible,’ she said in her TikTok video.

She went on to explain how she went out the night before, and then she woke up to an email from her neighbour that was sent at 9:45 pm.

‘Hey Michelle, your fire alarm has been going off for hours now,’ the neighbour wrote.

View attachment 10294
Michelle admitted she felt terrible after the whole incident. Credit: Michelle Meleskie/TikTok

Michelle said the letter expressed concern over her safety. ‘Your light’s on, so I’m concerned that you’re home and there’s been an accident,’ it said.

But Michelle revealed in her clip that she doesn’t check her emails at night, so her neighbour ended up calling the police.

She said that her neighbour ran into another person who has a spare key to her apartment, and that person entered her home to take the fire alarm off her ceiling.

‘Apparently, it was going off for like, five hours, and even the noise is just irritating. I feel terrible,’ Michelle continued.

But then her neighbour sent her another email explaining everything that happened while she was out.

‘I’m so glad you’re okay,’ her neighbour told her. Michelle’s guilt only escalated from here because she realised how her neighbour was genuinely concerned for her.

View attachment 10295
Michelle felt guilty over the trouble she caused. Credit: Michelle Meleskie/TikTok

Despite her guilt, her followers reassured her that it wasn’t her fault and reminded her how lucky she is to have such kind neighbours.

‘This is not being the “neighbour from hell”. Those would be deliberately making loud noises at 3 pm or something like that,’ wrote one person.

‘Not your fault,’ added another. The same person went on to say that while her neighbours must’ve been annoyed, they made it clear they cared more about Michelle’s health.

‘Your neighbour sounds so sweet, please bring her flowers or something,’ said one.

A second agreed: ‘It was sweet of her to worry about you. You should do something nice for her.’

Key Takeaways

• A woman was mortified to discover she was the ‘neighbour from hell’ after her fire alarm blared all night and her neighbour emailed her to check if she was okay.
  • The woman's neighbour had called the police, but luckily someone else in the building had a key to her apartment and was able to turn off the alarm.
  • Although she feels guilty about the incident, people have assured her that it wasn't her fault and that she's lucky to have understanding neighbours.
We’ve definitely read (or seen) worse than what Michelle has gone through! But what about you, members? Do you have similar stories you’d like to share? Let us know in the comments!

She's not the neighbour from hell. Security devices do have a habit of going off at the wrong moments. It wasn't done on purpose. I forgive her!

View attachment 10294

View attachment 10295

Key Takeaways

Good luck turning smoke alarm off
I’ve got2 newish ones and when they smell lamb( usually) they carryon like it’s the apocalypse. I can’t turn mine off it went for 30 minutes last time. My nephew uses an old walking stick which he tried in both of mine to NO avail. One is on 9.5ft ceiling so I can’t reach it even wth a ladder. It’s hopeless