SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
J

James Gutierrez

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 11, 2021
Woman finds out her husband slept with her sister during their “break” from marriage: “I just broke down crying”

Sharing on the forum site Reddit, one woman recalled the story of how she discovered her husband slept with one of her sisters while they were on a “break” from their marriage.

“I just broke down crying. I told him he was a terrible human being, and I didn't even want to look at him,” she said.

However, after hearing the full story, hundreds of users expressed mixed reactions, saying that the husband was not the only one at fault in this situation.

Keep on reading to know their story.

GD62UTdaIHrDEBDqhFSFjChthxuOzLtNzXXoCGynzifGRmwLCD9OdKyMYIZK_tP5DvkeaHmjEpERALOh5_CFS6Y-Rz4pQ7s8nyioapU3xUD_2JbT5tK5au6_BUpm6buKz-fMYbnz

The woman’s husband accused her of having an affair. Credit: Getty Images.
The woman’s marriage with her husband, Dave, began taking a turn for the worse when she started getting close to one of their mutual friends, Chris.

Chris is one of the woman’s colleagues at work. “A really sweet guy and we got along very well. We went out to lunch together, we'd hit the bar after work, he was just a great guy to work with,” she said.

One day, Chris had an extra ticket for a baseball and he invited the woman. It was her favourite baseball team and she was itching to go for a long time, so she said yes.

Knowing that Dave would be angry she went with Chris, she lied and told him she had work that day.

“We went to the game and had a great time. Yes, I know I'm wrong for lying to him, and I regret that I did that,” she said.

When she got home, she was surprised to find that Dave actually knew where she was. Turns out, he was tracking her location using her phone, and it showed that she was not at work but at a baseball game.

“It was a big thing,” said the woman. “I was so angry that he stalked me. It was such a violation of my privacy. He didn't see it as controlling.”

“He accused me of having an affair and told me he wanted me to promise not to see Chris again. I told him he was being ridiculous and told him that I wasn't going to do that.”

“He slept on the couch that night and in the morning, I told him I wanted a separation. I told him I felt smothered, that I needed him to trust me and that we both needed space,” she continued.

After the tracking incident, the couple took some time away from each other. During this period, the woman did date Chris for a few months, but she never really found the “long term compatibility” that she was seeking.

mJLgoi_FzfRREAFbFOSAGhI1EbxEp-YSSYhrauBu_ZMRVQTAgi8N89WMgzxYJzVW3EikYLZTng4VFLJY_DHfXPZfNhPDAgVSWAq563bd7LiQlIfOkthe3IO1ip1CdUT54WEVWiMx

The woman and her husband took some time apart from each other. Credit: Getty Images/Westend61.
After a major problem struck the woman’s family, she and Dave have reunited again. After being apart for nine months, the two of them decided to give things another try.

“I moved back in, we discussed boundaries,” said the woman. “I asked if he was with anyone when we were apart, he said he had one partner.”

She admitted being surprised that her husband dated another person while they were apart, since “he was never much of a dater”. But since she also dated one person as well, she brushed it off.

Things had been going great so far, until one weekend when the woman learned a shocking truth. Turns out, the person that her husband “dated” while they were on a break was her sister, with whom she had a strained relationship.

“I never thought she'd cross that line.” So, she confronted her husband.

The husband admitted that the woman’s sister was the one person he was with during their “break”.

“I just broke down crying, told him he was a terrible human being, and I didn't even want to look at him,” she said.

However, she was stunned when her husband responded.

The husband said he would agree that he was a terrible person if only she could tell him that the person she was with during their “break” wasn't Chris.

At this point, the woman was left speechless. The husband simply nodded and said, “That's what I thought!”

The woman reasoned that there would never be anything between her and Chris if only Dave didn’t make all those accusations against her.

Dave replied: “You were going to do what you did with Chris no matter what and say it was my fault. Whether I said something or not.”

Now, the woman’s asking for opinions because she doesn’t know how to move forward knowing that her husband slept with her sister for revenge.

“One minute I want to forgive him and move forward and the next I never want to see him again. He refuses to accept that what he did was wrong, and says that we were separated and both lived our lives,” she said.

“What do I even do here? I don't think I want a divorce, but I can't stand to look at him right now.”

GLgWEWZdvmR6F6ox9P_Ho_QsmU9kvJkLIrfOtsgX9HBp77GEjp-m9dAc96XjSJFo1cu4mlieXiWpQa060NE2IY5e2ZbfOYjxk9wj622KRItMMBfWucXZWU6WpvYCloQ9V1bD4WaO

The woman wants to forgive her husband, but she can’t forget that he slept with her sister for revenge. Credit: Westend61/Getty Images/Westend61.
The woman’s post gained a ton of attention on the forum site, with hundreds of Reddit users commenting and expressing their opinions.

However, she probably never expected that most of them would criticise her instead.

One user wrote: “So you lied to your husband, you were basically going on dates with Chris already, then during separation, you actually dated Chris.”

“Sounds like you weren’t respecting your marriage or your husband’s feelings.”

A second user said: “So you had an emotional affair, and soon as you and your husband broke up (he was right about you guys, by the way), you start dating Chris.”

“Yeah, he's TOTALLY the bad guy here.” The user said sarcastically.

On the other hand, most users also called out the husband for sleeping with his wife’s sister.

One user said: “Sleeping with my sister would be a deal-breaker, no matter what.”

Another added: “There are billions of other people in the world they could have slept with, but they had to choose their spouse’s sibling. Just gross.”

Many in the comments section expressed that every person involved in the story is in the wrong, and the couple are “better off without each other”.

“Every single one of these people needs therapy and a good smack,” said one user.

What are your thoughts?

Should the woman leave her husband for good? Or was she also wrong for being involved with her coworker?

Let us know in the comments below!

• Angry
Reactions: Ezzy, BJM and Ricci
Personal responsibility is the acceptance of the consequences of all the choices we freely make whether they turn out to be positive or negative. It is not laying the blame at anyone else's door for those choices. The blame game is the shame game.

Reactions: Ezzy and Ricci
Woman finds out her husband slept with her sister during their “break” from marriage: “I just broke down crying”

Sharing on the forum site Reddit, one woman recalled the story of how she discovered her husband slept with one of her sisters while they were on a “break” from their marriage.

“I just broke down crying. I told him he was a terrible human being, and I didn't even want to look at him,” she said.

However, after hearing the full story, hundreds of users expressed mixed reactions, saying that the husband was not the only one at fault in this situation.

GD62UTdaIHrDEBDqhFSFjChthxuOzLtNzXXoCGynzifGRmwLCD9OdKyMYIZK_tP5DvkeaHmjEpERALOh5_CFS6Y-Rz4pQ7s8nyioapU3xUD_2JbT5tK5au6_BUpm6buKz-fMYbnz

The woman’s marriage with her husband, Dave, began taking a turn for the worse when she started getting close to one of their mutual friends, Chris.

Chris is one of the woman’s colleagues at work. “A really sweet guy and we got along very well. We went out to lunch together, we'd hit the bar after work, he was just a great guy to work with,” she said.

One day, Chris had an extra ticket for a baseball and he invited the woman. It was her favourite baseball team and she was itching to go for a long time, so she said yes.

Knowing that Dave would be angry she went with Chris, she lied and told him she had work that day.

“We went to the game and had a great time. Yes, I know I'm wrong for lying to him, and I regret that I did that,” she said.

When she got home, she was surprised to find that Dave actually knew where she was. Turns out, he was tracking her location using her phone, and it showed that she was not at work but at a baseball game.

“It was a big thing,” said the woman. “I was so angry that he stalked me. It was such a violation of my privacy. He didn't see it as controlling.”

“He accused me of having an affair and told me he wanted me to promise not to see Chris again. I told him he was being ridiculous and told him that I wasn't going to do that.”

“He slept on the couch that night and in the morning, I told him I wanted a separation. I told him I felt smothered, that I needed him to trust me and that we both needed space,” she continued.

After the tracking incident, the couple took some time away from each other. During this period, the woman did date Chris for a few months, but she never really found the “long term compatibility” that she was seeking.

mJLgoi_FzfRREAFbFOSAGhI1EbxEp-YSSYhrauBu_ZMRVQTAgi8N89WMgzxYJzVW3EikYLZTng4VFLJY_DHfXPZfNhPDAgVSWAq563bd7LiQlIfOkthe3IO1ip1CdUT54WEVWiMx

The woman and her husband took some time apart from each other. Credit: Getty Images/Westend61.
After a major problem struck the woman’s family, she and Dave have reunited again. After being apart for nine months, the two of them decided to give things another try.

“I moved back in, we discussed boundaries,” said the woman. “I asked if he was with anyone when we were apart, he said he had one partner.”

She admitted being surprised that her husband dated another person while they were apart, since “he was never much of a dater”. But since she also dated one person as well, she brushed it off.

Things had been going great so far, until one weekend when the woman learned a shocking truth. Turns out, the person that her husband “dated” while they were on a break was her sister, with whom she had a strained relationship.

The husband admitted that the woman’s sister was the one person he was with during their “break”.

“I just broke down crying, told him he was a terrible human being, and I didn't even want to look at him,” she said.

The husband said he would agree that he was a terrible person if only she could tell him that the person she was with during their “break” wasn't Chris.

At this point, the woman was left speechless. The husband simply nodded and said, “That's what I thought!”

The woman reasoned that there would never be anything between her and Chris if only Dave didn’t make all those accusations against her.

Dave replied: “You were going to do what you did with Chris no matter what and say it was my fault. Whether I said something or not.”

Now, the woman’s asking for opinions because she doesn’t know how to move forward knowing that her husband slept with her sister for revenge.

“One minute I want to forgive him and move forward and the next I never want to see him again. He refuses to accept that what he did was wrong, and says that we were separated and both lived our lives,” she said.

“What do I even do here? I don't think I want a divorce, but I can't stand to look at him right now.”

GLgWEWZdvmR6F6ox9P_Ho_QsmU9kvJkLIrfOtsgX9HBp77GEjp-m9dAc96XjSJFo1cu4mlieXiWpQa060NE2IY5e2ZbfOYjxk9wj622KRItMMBfWucXZWU6WpvYCloQ9V1bD4WaO

The woman wants to forgive her husband, but she can’t forget that he slept with her sister for revenge. Credit: Westend61/Getty Images/Westend61.
The woman’s post gained a ton of attention on the forum site, with hundreds of Reddit users commenting and expressing their opinions.

However, she probably never expected that most of them would criticise her instead.

One user wrote: “So you lied to your husband, you were basically going on dates with Chris already, then during separation, you actually dated Chris.”

A second user said: “So you had an emotional affair, and soon as you and your husband broke up (he was right about you guys, by the way), you start dating Chris.”

On the other hand, most users also called out the husband for sleeping with his wife’s sister.

One user said: “Sleeping with my sister would be a deal-breaker, no matter what.”

Another added: “There are billions of other people in the world they could have slept with, but they had to choose their spouse’s sibling. Just gross.”

Many in the comments section expressed that every person involved in the story is in the wrong, and the couple are “better off without each other”.

“Every single one of these people needs therapy and a good smack,” said one user.

What are your thoughts?

Should the woman leave her husband for good? Or was she also wrong for being involved with her coworker?

Sorry, I think the wife wants it all her way. She started the whole thing.regardless of who he or she were dating during their break....they were separated, not together. I don't think there's anything to forgive. You either want the marriage to continue or you don't.

Reactions: Ezzy and Ricci

What are your thoughts?

I believe she must admit that she was just as much at fault as her husband. Whether she divorces him or not the memories will always be there. Each knew their partner's feelings of the party they took up with & it would appear they both did this out of spite.

Reactions: Ricci