Woman accidentally finds her engagement ring before her fiancé proposes and ‘absolutely hates’ it!

Admit it, ladies (and gentlemen) – one of the most exciting and special milestones in our lives is the moment when our partner gets down on one knee and proposes.

As we all know, most proposals involve being surprised (or the other way around) with a gorgeous ring. But not everyone on the receiving end is willing to settle for one that doesn’t meet their standards.

One woman accidentally stumbled across the engagement ring that her fiancé was secretly planning to propose to her with, only there’s one problem – she’s far from impressed with his choice.

YjZdDZLSGCpxQyvmMkmx2FUmy4JgcBL9aeQpUtwdsyV-u8AbWmostKT7Tbrgj28JcVGf_MgJjJHwJzjmPaqKfHFQc0z2Un5yOKf26wAS08osxmjsRKymy6GqYJBbm1vJroIrbqWHey2LjaKRc6w

Nope! Source: Mamamia

The woman shared her unexpected discovery on TikTok, featuring a gold band and a square-cut diamond.

‘POV [point of view] you found your engagement ring… And you absolutely hate it!’ she captioned the clip.

‘Help! What do I do?’

After trying on the ring, she can be seen throwing the ring box across the room.

The clip was reposted by the TikTok account ‘@twopearlsshop’ and thousands of users immediately flooded the comment section to weigh in on the debate.

‘I’ll never understand why people get sad over their engagement ring especially when it’s too small, etc. It’s not about the ring… It’s about what he’s asking.’ one person wrote.

‘You should leave him because he doesn't deserve a woman like you… You don’t know how to appreciate the small things!’ another hissed.

‘If that’s the case, then you should probably leave the guy. The ring that he gets for the right person shouldn’t matter.’ chimed a third.

tCx2MoJA8kDmGKndW1dr1eIuWWcqb6zBCF-ytEIVbHHTm7cf3Wf8iPQmXvTFJqHesmgkpSlYxEGoBWS6tNoIf9E2fP3IXZ2Iuro8yVFi2J34WTlvWhVL37ON1cZtsZGlmlQOWzWXINclrYW4Sc8
tVHixJkdRrS012O-zH984SpePy56VofeU-N0Hldtv8iJLHl4f37YzxRMQLzsmdwGpz57UWoDBqu0A_u4oncPYSxCBEE1QKU3alsewaOWOgdPoEUvMmShbCC7-V8E1d0FQx7DTs69wfL_kFCQ0ww

The woman tossed the ring box across the room. Source: @twopearlsshop

‘No. My partner could propose with a ring pop and I'd still say yes and be happy.’ a fourth said.

But others begged to differ, with one arguing: ‘You have every right to not like the ring. Everyone has different preferences.’

‘Yes, always be grateful because marriage is for love, but the ring also shows how much they pay attention to you and know what you like.’ added another.

‘Everyone is saying ‘be grateful’ but there are so many nice rings [in different styles for everyone] that are cheap too. He should be able to get you a ring that you LIKE!’ a third pointed out.

One user suggested: ‘Find a picture online that looks like [the ring]. Then, show him and say ‘Eww look at this ring that a girl from my high school got’ – problem solved.’

What are your thoughts on this bride-to-be’s reaction? Better yet, did you like your wedding ring and does the cost actually matter? Let us know in the comments!

Watch the full TikTok video below:

Source: twopearlsshop

Sponsored
Admit it, ladies (and gentlemen) – one of the most exciting and special milestones in our lives is the moment when our partner gets down on one knee and proposes.

As we all know, most proposals involve being surprised (or the other way around) with a gorgeous ring. But not everyone on the receiving end is willing to settle for one that doesn’t meet their standards.

One woman accidentally stumbled across the engagement ring that her fiancé was secretly planning to propose to her with, only there’s one problem – she’s far from impressed with his choice.

YjZdDZLSGCpxQyvmMkmx2FUmy4JgcBL9aeQpUtwdsyV-u8AbWmostKT7Tbrgj28JcVGf_MgJjJHwJzjmPaqKfHFQc0z2Un5yOKf26wAS08osxmjsRKymy6GqYJBbm1vJroIrbqWHey2LjaKRc6w

The woman shared her unexpected discovery on TikTok, featuring a gold band and a square-cut diamond.

‘POV [point of view] you found your engagement ring… And you absolutely hate it!’ she captioned the clip.

‘Help! What do I do?’

After trying on the ring, she can be seen throwing the ring box across the room.

The clip was reposted by the TikTok account ‘@twopearlsshop’ and thousands of users immediately flooded the comment section to weigh in on the debate.

‘I’ll never understand why people get sad over their engagement ring especially when it’s too small, etc. It’s not about the ring… It’s about what he’s asking.’ one person wrote.

‘You should leave him because he doesn't deserve a woman like you… You don’t know how to appreciate the small things!’ another hissed.

‘If that’s the case, then you should probably leave the guy. The ring that he gets for the right person shouldn’t matter.’ chimed a third.

tCx2MoJA8kDmGKndW1dr1eIuWWcqb6zBCF-ytEIVbHHTm7cf3Wf8iPQmXvTFJqHesmgkpSlYxEGoBWS6tNoIf9E2fP3IXZ2Iuro8yVFi2J34WTlvWhVL37ON1cZtsZGlmlQOWzWXINclrYW4Sc8
tVHixJkdRrS012O-zH984SpePy56VofeU-N0Hldtv8iJLHl4f37YzxRMQLzsmdwGpz57UWoDBqu0A_u4oncPYSxCBEE1QKU3alsewaOWOgdPoEUvMmShbCC7-V8E1d0FQx7DTs69wfL_kFCQ0ww

‘No. My partner could propose with a ring pop and I'd still say yes and be happy.’ a fourth said.

But others begged to differ, with one arguing: ‘You have every right to not like the ring. Everyone has different preferences.’

‘Yes, always be grateful because marriage is for love, but the ring also shows how much they pay attention to you and know what you like.’ added another.

‘Everyone is saying ‘be grateful’ but there are so many nice rings [in different styles for everyone] that are cheap too. He should be able to get you a ring that you LIKE!’ a third pointed out.

One user suggested: ‘Find a picture online that looks like [the ring]. Then, show him and say ‘Eww look at this ring that a girl from my high school got’ – problem solved.’

What are your thoughts on this bride-to-be’s reaction? Better yet, did you like your wedding ring and does the cost actually matter? Let us know in the comments!

Maybe she should not have gone snooping in his pockets. It's not the ring, it's the sentiment behind it. He doesn't deserve a sneaky person like this

My engagement ring was a special order as I wanted white gold, however, my wedding ring was actually bought by my Mum!!! I wanted a white gold ring to match my engagement ring and we had been to every jeweler in a 100mile radius without success. Apparently white gold was out of favour. We were getting desperate as our wedding was only two weeks away when I got a phone call from my parents on holiday in the Channel Islands. She had seen a white gold ring in the window of a local shop and were we sorted yet. I told her to buy it and we'd settle up when she got home. I loved it, it's what I would have chosen if I had the chance My poor husband didn't get his ring until our 10 year anniversary as there were no white gold rings for him anywhere either.:)

‘Help! What do I do?’

It might not be an engagement ring but I think the partner will be fully aware of the video. If you don't like the ring but you love the person, say yes I would love to marry you and let them know how happy you are about that but that you're not over the moon about the ring and can you go and choose another together

Reactions: Ricci
This American custom of proposing with the ring already bought is proliferated via movies and television. The act of choosing or designing the engagement ring together can be a great memorable event and appreciated by she who will be expected to wear it until death (or divorce) you do part.

‘Help! What do I do?’

Here we go again! Princesses whining because something isn’t up to their idea of perfection! Talk about first world problems. Loads of women never received an engagement ring, because, I don’t know, maybe there was a nuisance of a thing called World War II taking place. I mean how dare those Germans turn the world upside down and take our bravest and best away to fight? If they returned, nobody gave two hoots about an engagement ring. A wedding ring was more important. Get a grip!

Before I officially proposed (I had proposed previously without a ring) I went to the jeweller with her so that she could pick the ring....then I went down in bended knee and proposed with the ring.

I have subsequently bought her another dress ring with her by my side. I wouldn't buy one without her. Only she knows what she would like.

Other jewellery is different. I have bought that alone....but always with an exchange option, in case she didn't love it. Win-Win.

This American custom of proposing with the ring already bought is proliferated via movies and television. The act of choosing or designing the engagement ring together can be a great memorable event and appreciated by she who will be expected to wear it until death (or divorce) you do part.
Totally agree with your thoughts.

‘Help! What do I do?’

Surely this lady is not the first one who has not liked the engagement ring and jewellers must have some sort of arrangement that you can take it back within a certain amount of time and exchange or get a refund. I would contact Consumer Affairs "before" he proposes and find out your rights.

My darling hubby gave me a plastic ring out of a cereal box when he proposed. I still have & treasure it because it showed his romantic & funny side. I did get a normal engagement ring later but he chose that too .... and my wedding ring & he gave me a maternity ring when we got pregnant the first time - he mistook maternity for eternity 😍 It was never about the actual jewellery for me - always the thought behind everything he gave me.

Reactions: Noraya and Ricci
Here we go again! Princesses whining because something isn’t up to their idea of perfection! Talk about first world problems. Loads of women never received an engagement ring, because, I don’t know, maybe there was a nuisance of a thing called World War II taking place. I mean how dare those Germans turn the world upside down and take our bravest and best away to fight? If they returned, nobody gave two hoots about an engagement ring. A wedding ring was more important. Get a grip!
Poor princess - boo hoo it's not big enough! Get a grip & wake up to yourself - selfish snoopy woman

Get engaged then go looking for a ring together - problem solved
I know what I like and said (when I thought a proposal was imminent) that the ring was not important but the commitment was, did not even care if I got a ring. He proposed then months later shopped together for matching engagement wedding band just before we got married and lived happily ever after for 40 years until he passed away. Guys you would not choose the wedding dress (there's a reason you dont see the bride before she walks down the aisle.