Why ALDI’s frozen veggies are causing outrage

Living on a fixed income can be challenging, but those who experience it have developed ways to adjust their lifestyle and maximise their funds.

It's no secret that Aussies have become adept at stretching their budgets and making the most of their income.

With the ever-increasing cost of living, it has become essential to search for ways to save even a few extra dollars every week.

Finding the right deals and discounts can help stretch our budgets and improve our quality of life.

One great thing about today’s retail industry is that supermarkets are competing to offer a large variety of products that could help us save on our grocery bills.

ALDI, in particular, is well-known for its ‘usually generous’ deals and offers. Unfortunately, it turns out that this isn’t always the case…

One mum recently took to Facebook to call out the retailer after she was left feeling ‘annoyed’ upon discovering a drastic change in the price and size of ALDI’s 800g packet of Market Fare Cauliflower Bake.

She claimed this was normally her 'quick go-to' meal for her family to make in between her busy work schedule.

photo-9.jpg
The shopper was outraged after discovering that serving inside a pack of cauliflower bake from ALDI was reduced. Credit: Facebook.

'I used to buy this all the time. Not only has it gone from $5 to $6.49, but the serving size has also halved,' she wrote in a post on the ALDI Mums Facebook group.

'Is this a joke?’

She also shared a photo of the product as evidence of her claim.

The mum’s complaint prompted other customers to slam ALDI, claiming that the retailer is not being transparent with their prices and expressing their shock over the serving size of the product.

One user said in disbelief: ‘Is that the whole bag!?’

‘That’s annoying!’ another said.

Some users were worried that ALDI was indulging in a practice called 'shrinkflation', which occurs when manufacturers reduce the size of a product while charging customers the same price or higher.

One person wrote: ‘It’s happening to a lot of products - paying more, getting less.’

‘I stopped buying it once the price increased,’ another claimed.

For those looking for cheaper alternatives, one shopper shared a perfect money-saving solution for this cauliflower bake issue.

'I’ve started to use the frozen cauliflower and/or broccoli, then use the ALDI cheese sauce pack made on the stove top with cheese on top and it’s done,' she said.

‘A fraction of the cost of the pre-made, and can be a lot cheaper than the fresh stuff, unfortunately!’

'The sauce only takes two minutes to make and is worth it for the cost savings!'

For our members who are looking to make this meal from scratch, we recommend checking out this article where we shared a recipe that you must try. (Just note that it may not be as budget-friendly as the ready-to-eat packs.)

Meanwhile, ALDI addressed the issue, assuring customers that the items were not reduced in size.

The retailer said that any shopper who is not satisfied could return the item for a full refund or provide feedback here.

Key Takeaways
  • An Australian ALDI shopper was left feeling 'annoyed' after discovering a change in price and serving size of the store's Market Fare Cauliflower Bake.
  • The shopper's complaint on Facebook led to other customers slamming ALDI for lack of transparency in pricing and expressing shock over the product's serving size.
  • Some users expressed concern that ALDI may be using a practice called 'shrinkflation,' where manufacturers reduce product size while charging the same price or higher.
  • ALDI addressed the issue, stating that the items have not been reduced in size, and offered dissatisfied customers a full refund and the chance to provide feedback.

Remember, fellow members, it's essential to keep an eye on product sizes, prices and overall value to ensure you're getting the most for your money.

So, members, if you're also not satisfied with any item from ALDI or any supermarket, make sure you get in touch with the customer service department so they can assist you further.

Have you come across any similar incidents with grocery shopping lately? Let us know in the comments below.

Sponsored
The retailers have been doing this for years, toilet paper reduced by 20 sheets, tissues about the same, many frozen items that were kilo bags now 750gms. Biscuits fewer in the pack.
I make most things from scratch and then freeze the rest - cauliflower do the whole thing make cheese sauce, eat half and freeze the rest so next week its all done and you know what goes into it - not all the fillers and preservatives.

I read all the hype about the Cauliflower and Broccoli bakes so I thought I'd give them a go. What a waste of money that was. Definitely not family sized and basically tasteless. I wouldn't waste my money on them again, I'd rather steam the cauli or broccoli and make my own cheese sauce, at least I'll know what's in it and it will have some flavour. ;)

This is happening everywhere. I recently purchased a jar of vegemite and when I put it into the pantry, I noticed that the jar was shorter than the old "out of date" one. It contains 370 g now compared to 455 g - which is quite a large shrinkage!

Living on a fixed income can be challenging, but those who experience it have developed ways to adjust their lifestyle and maximise their funds.

It's no secret that Aussies have become adept at stretching their budgets and making the most of their income.

With the ever-increasing cost of living, it has become essential to search for ways to save even a few extra dollars every week.

Finding the right deals and discounts can help stretch our budgets and improve our quality of life.

One great thing about today’s retail industry is that supermarkets are competing to offer a large variety of products that could help us save on our grocery bills.

ALDI, in particular, is well-known for its ‘usually generous’ deals and offers. Unfortunately, it turns out that this isn’t always the case…

One mum recently took to Facebook to call out the retailer after she was left feeling ‘annoyed’ upon discovering a drastic change in the price and size of ALDI’s 800g packet of Market Fare Cauliflower Bake.

She claimed this was normally her 'quick go-to' meal for her family to make in between her busy work schedule.

View attachment 16321
The shopper was outraged after discovering that serving inside a pack of cauliflower bake from ALDI was reduced. Credit: Facebook.

'I used to buy this all the time. Not only has it gone from $5 to $6.49, but the serving size has also halved,' she wrote in a post on the ALDI Mums Facebook group.

'Is this a joke?’

The mum’s complaint prompted other customers to slam ALDI, claiming that the retailer is not being transparent with their prices and expressing their shock over the serving size of the product.

Some users were worried that ALDI was indulging in a practice called 'shrinkflation', which occurs when manufacturers reduce the size of a product while charging customers the same price or higher.

One person wrote: ‘It’s happening to a lot of products - paying more, getting less.’

For those looking for cheaper alternatives, one shopper shared a perfect money-saving solution for this cauliflower bake issue.

'I’ve started to use the frozen cauliflower and/or broccoli, then use the ALDI cheese sauce pack made on the stove top with cheese on top and it’s done,' she said.

‘A fraction of the cost of the pre-made, and can be a lot cheaper than the fresh stuff, unfortunately!’

'The sauce only takes two minutes to make and is worth it for the cost savings!'

For our members who are looking to make this meal from scratch, we recommend checking out this article where we shared a recipe that you must try. (Just note that it may not be as budget-friendly as the ready-to-eat packs.)

Meanwhile, ALDI addressed the issue, assuring customers that the items were not reduced in size.

The retailer said that any shopper who is not satisfied could return the item for a full refund or provide feedback here.

Key Takeaways

• An Australian ALDI shopper was left feeling 'annoyed' after discovering a change in price and serving size of the store's Market Fare Cauliflower Bake.
  • The shopper's complaint on Facebook led to other customers slamming ALDI for lack of transparency in pricing and expressing shock over the product's serving size.
  • Some users expressed concern that ALDI may be using a practice called 'shrinkflation,' where manufacturers reduce product size while charging the same price or higher.
  • ALDI addressed the issue, stating that the items have not been reduced in size, and offered dissatisfied customers a full refund and the chance to provide feedback.

Remember, fellow members, it's essential to keep an eye on product sizes, prices and overall value to ensure you're getting the most for your money.

So, members, if you're also not satisfied with any item from ALDI or any supermarket, make sure you get in touch with the customer service department so they can assist you further.

Have you come across any similar incidents with grocery shopping lately? Let us know in the comments below.
This 'shrinkflation' and price increases has been happening in all the supermarkets and lately, it's becoming a challenge to shop for the family and still buy the items we used to buy. I've had to look at alternatives in so many areas.

View attachment 16321

'Is this a joke?’

Key Takeaways

I noticed Red Seal Herbal toothpaste has reduced from 110g to 100g, but the price is the same, or more.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: Ricci and debjane

View attachment 16321

'Is this a joke?’

Key Takeaways

Hi there.
I also felt the Aldi cauliflower bake was smaller quantity than 12 months ago as it no longer fills my small casserole dish.
the Aldi Honey Crunch breakfast flakes are now in a smaller box, lower weight but same price.
the Aldi box of Uncle Toby’s instant porridge sachets are slightly less expensive than those from Coles and Woolworths, however the Aldi box has 10 sachets while the other supermarket ones have 12…..

View attachment 16321

'Is this a joke?’

Key Takeaways

Buy a whole a cauliflower steam it milk 🥛 flour cheese 🧀 in a pot stir to make sauce and bake in oven simple 😋